Crash Bandicoot 4 Its About Time [Nude Mod Request]

Hey everyone,

So Crash 4 is now out on PC on Blizzards Battle.net. https://eu.shop.battle.net/en-us/product/crash-bandicoot-4 

So a a big Crash fan i was wondering if anyone one would be interested in make a nude mod for the game? There a different skins you can unlock and wear and i would love a nude skin for Tawna. the game is made in the Unreal Engine and it has a Paks folder with a load of .pak files and i know modders with other games have been able to make mods with this sort of file type before.

So i hope someone is interested in modding this, and if they do a huge thank you.

1 hour ago, cold steel said:

Tried to change playable character model with Unreal engine 24.3, but looks like game can't load my mesh with default skeleton correctly for some reason :(

Thats a shame it wont load the mesh correctly for you, hope you can figure it out. Also thats some quick work! its awesome you got a model already. Any chance you could share an image of the model? for a teas of what to expect if you can get it working.

16 minutes ago, xnajoe said:

Thats a shame it wont load the mesh correctly for you, hope you can figure it out. Also thats some quick work! its awesome you got a model already. Any chance you could share an image of the model? for a teas of what to expect if you can get it working.

I didn't create anything. I tried to change existing model to take a look if it would work. There is no reason to create anything until I can't implement it into the game.

1 hour ago, cold steel said:

I didn't create anything. I tried to change existing model to take a look if it would work. There is no reason to create anything until I can't implement it into the game.

Ah yes i suppose that makes sense, well at least you where able to swap a model over even if it did not work well. Its a start at least. Thank you for looking at it :)

I fixed my mistakes with file structure in Unreal engine and looks like everything work fine. I changed original Coco model and deleted her belt with bags to test it: https://ibb.co/3rLpS4J

So, it work fine and this confirms that you can easily create modifications for this game as well as for other Unreal engine 4 games.
Edit: Tried to create custom physics settings, but for some reason there is no effect in the game. Maybe character use animation to move hair bones instead of physics just like in Spyro reignated trilogy. So, unfortunately I wouldn't be able to create jiggle physics on boobs for now :(

6 hours ago, cold steel said:

Unfortunately I can't find a reason of why there is eyelashes textures mismatch in the game:
https://ibb.co/6wDmJGt
Edit: tried to create material manually, but I am getting the same textures mismatch on eyelashes. How, the hell, if everything look correct in blender and in unreal engine :(

Well thats good progress! now we know models can be swapped and edited. Thats a shame about the eyelashes but i have faith you will work it out :)  as well as hopefully a nude mod id also love to see a model swap on one of Cocos skins to have it replaced as Twana so we can play as her when ever we like.

11 minutes ago, cold steel said:

Would be easier to take original model, remove clothes, recreate nude body and draw nude textures.

only giving ideas :P after she was ported then striped, i though bones/weights remained the same so she could be ported back :) , btw lol ur awatar just, lol

that is a good start and its nice to have a first mod, but my personal preference is not to enhance there chest size. i like to keep to canon sizes of characters, but thats just me. still awesome to see you got a mod out and working so fast :) 

Hi Cold Steel great job with your mods, I'm trying to do something but I think I stumbled into your same problem, I just tried to replace an enemy or a Player Chara. but the game crashes, I tried without skeleton, physics, materials and the game loads an invisible "character". Changing the Textures without modifying anything else the game works without problems, i don't think it's an import or export problem.

About your eyelash problem I noticed that the skeleton has a strange orientation, in the plugin ActorXImporter there is an option to arrange the proper orientation of the bones it is at the bottom of the list and is called "Reorient bones" (the version of the plugin is the one for 3dsmax), unfortunately I don't know if it works because I have the problem mentioned above ^^

8 hours ago, BBManiac said:

Hi Cold Steel great job with your mods, I'm trying to do something but I think I stumbled into your same problem, I just tried to replace an enemy or a Player Chara. but the game crashes, I tried without skeleton, physics, materials and the game loads an invisible "character". Changing the Textures without modifying anything else the game works without problems, i don't think it's an import or export problem.

About your eyelash problem I noticed that the skeleton has a strange orientation, in the plugin ActorXImporter there is an option to arrange the proper orientation of the bones it is at the bottom of the list and is called "Reorient bones" (the version of the plugin is the one for 3dsmax), unfortunately I don't know if it works because I have the problem mentioned above ^^

Invisible character mean you didn't set correct path in the unreal engine. I recommend you to load original mesh uasset file into a HEX editor and your uasset file which you created in Unreal engine. Compare their headers where you can see linked paths to files. Folder structure which you see in original uasset should be identical (exactly the same) with your custom uasset. Unfortunately bone reorient option don't help to fix issue with 6 eyelashes bones.

Hi Cold Steel, surely it is a hierarchy problem because Gildor's Umodel himself doesn't understand much about how it works, in the Umodel program these are the folders: Lava\Plugins\Characters\Player\CP3701_Crash\Content\Mesh\SK_CP3701_Crash

instead in the Hex program they are like this CP3701_Crash/Mesh/SK_CP3701_Crash

The right folders are the ones in the Umodel program because they are the ones that create the error and the closure of the game, this is where the skeleton is located according to the Umodel program: Lava\Plugins\CharacterCommon\Content\Animation\SKEL_HeroCharacter 

but in the Hex program it says this instead: /CharacterCommon/Animation/SKEL_HeroCharacter

The "Content" folder disappears in the Hex program and this "thing" has never happened to me in any other game using UE4, I will try again to understand my problem maybe it could be the program to create the .pak files that is wrong.

3 hours ago, BBManiac said:

Hi Cold Steel, surely it is a hierarchy problem because Gildor's Umodel himself doesn't understand much about how it works, in the Umodel program these are the folders: Lava\Plugins\Characters\Player\CP3701_Crash\Content\Mesh\SK_CP3701_Crash

instead in the Hex program they are like this CP3701_Crash/Mesh/SK_CP3701_Crash

The right folders are the ones in the Umodel program because they are the ones that create the error and the closure of the game, this is where the skeleton is located according to the Umodel program: Lava\Plugins\CharacterCommon\Content\Animation\SKEL_HeroCharacter 

but in the Hex program it says this instead: /CharacterCommon/Animation/SKEL_HeroCharacter

The "Content" folder disappears in the Hex program and this "thing" has never happened to me in any other game using UE4, I will try again to understand my problem maybe it could be the program to create the .pak files that is wrong.

If you're using Umodel try to use the exact paths that are in the pak file, could be Umodel bugging out. The pak directories don't tell lies so the paths must be correct. You could post some screens of what problems you are running into and I could try to help you figure it out.

Hi Blehbreh, it took a while to find the right pak file (this game has over 600 pak files) this is the original pak files is only 40Mb https://www.dropbox.com/s/5nkidf4dqb7n5eh/pakchunk59-WindowsNoEditor.pak?dl=0 

This is the folder hierarchy of the original pak file: Plugins/Characters/Enemy/CE3631_Crab/Content/Mesh/SK_CE3631_Crab

now according to what the Devs have done, we need to create a new Plugin in UE4 with the name of the first folder in this case (Characters), now with the main character the game continues to stop giving an error, instead using the first monster I encounter this is the result https://imgur.com/ToxIRhv

Now this result can also be obtained by creating all the folders in the usual way (in the base Content folder) and then manually moving the folder to Plugins and creating the pak file, all my results are always the same no physics, materials or animations. 

In theory, the folder hierarchy is right but at the same time it is wrong, polygons load correctly but everything else doesn't (in the case above the first monster is all in the same folder).

2 hours ago, BBManiac said:

Hi Blehbreh, it took a while to find the right pak file (this game has over 600 pak files) this is the original pak files is only 40Mb https://www.dropbox.com/s/5nkidf4dqb7n5eh/pakchunk59-WindowsNoEditor.pak?dl=0 

This is the folder hierarchy of the original pak file: Plugins/Characters/Enemy/CE3631_Crab/Content/Mesh/SK_CE3631_Crab

now according to what the Devs have done, we need to create a new Plugin in UE4 with the name of the first folder in this case (Characters), now with the main character the game continues to stop giving an error, instead using the first monster I encounter this is the result https://imgur.com/ToxIRhv

Now this result can also be obtained by creating all the folders in the usual way (in the base Content folder) and then manually moving the folder to Plugins and creating the pak file, all my results are always the same no physics, materials or animations. 

In theory, the folder hierarchy is right but at the same time it is wrong, polygons load correctly but everything else doesn't (in the case above the first monster is all in the same folder).

You're going to need to instance the materials of the skeletal mesh to see the textures appear in game as well as the skeleton and physics asset to see the character utilize it's animations properly. If you can show me a screenshot of the assets it needs in a hex editor or throw me the crab enemies skeletal mesh uasset file I can coach you through getting the model back in the game and fully functioning. If you can do that you'll have your method for modding the characters.

Just wanna say, you guys are massively overcomplicating this. UE4 mesh modding is dead simple.

Someone asked about a Tawna swap over Coco and I'm afraid that's not viable, their gameplay mechanics are completely different and would be near if not completely impossible to carry over.

If the interest is there, I will accept a commission for a Tawna nude mod.

I made a collage https://imgur.com/o9BaqkM 

The mesh has all the information from the original version, but it just can't load texture and skeleton, at this point it occurs to me that there is a more complex problem, the UE4 version I am using is the 4.24.3 and I'm doing various tests on the Codex cracked game, to import and export files I use 3dsmax with the latest version of ActorX Importer Plugin.

I created the folders in UE4 using the option creates new Plugin without modifying anything, I cooked the files using the 64bit version and disabling the create pak files option.

2 hours ago, Irastris said:

Just wanna say, you guys are massively overcomplicating this. UE4 mesh modding is dead simple.

Someone asked about a Tawna swap over Coco and I'm afraid that's not viable, their gameplay mechanics are completely different and would be near if not completely impossible to carry over.

However, if the interest is there, I can produce a Tawna nude mod for her sections of the game. I am a paid modder though.

Im pretty interested in a Tawna/ Coco nude mod and I'd be willing to pay. Do you take requests through your patron or do you charge by the job?

33 minutes ago, fallenSoul said:

and thats about it -_- hope someday someone less greedy continue modding this game 

cheers OuO

Or how about people stop being cheap and expecting something for nothing. 3d modeling isn't just something you can snap two fingers and poof it's done. If you don't wanna pay, then learn to do it yourself and stop being dependent on someone and expecting them to spend hours on end creating something for a few lousy free thank you's. 3d modeling is time consuming and I don't blame anyone who ask to be paid for it.