Let them make the basics first. :)

Yes! For the love of Gaga, let's get this cake baked before covering the icing.

Land movement animations

image.png

I am thrilled to see this mod is making progress! But a few things I noticed are the tail ignores the shadows from the trees, and does not seem to cast its own shadow on the ground. Will this be fixed in the future?

I haven't read all of the pages, but why not just make mermaid armor for right now?

post-596211-0-53289000-1451970062_thumb.

This way you can have a mermaid with any race you want. Personally I would love to have my Siren race be a mermaid, or my drow elf. And if people don't like the fin ears and webbed hands, that's why they would be armor you could add on if you wanted. This would also allow you to just take the armor on or off whenever you go swimming. If I remember correctly, there is a mod out there that automatically changes your armor into a bikini or something when you start swimming which could be used for mermaid armor instead. It would also let other modders change it to add more colors, varying fins, and what not.

I haven't read all of the pages, but why not just make mermaid armor for right now?

This way you can have a mermaid with any race you want. Personally I would love to have my Siren race be a mermaid, or my drow elf. And if people don't like the fin ears and webbed hands, that's why they would be armor you could add on if you wanted. This would also allow you to just take the armor on or off whenever you go swimming. If I remember correctly, there is a mod out there that automatically changes your armor into a bikini or something when you start swimming which could be used for mermaid armor instead. It would also let other modders change it to add more colors, varying fins, and what not.

But what about the animations though

But what about the animations though

Well, I'm not saying people have to stop making animations for this, It could be made into a spell, like the flying mod with dragon/angel wings mod...

personally, I'm not a modder so I don't know how difficult it would be to make custom animations for a mermaid race, and as a player, I honestly don't care... I just want a cool mermaid tail that I can use with any race regardless of animations. I mean If I go on land, I could remove it or use my animal stalker crawl animation mod.

So... That's my opinion and 2 cents. if you don't like it, then you don't have to use it and ignore me :/

Well, I'm not saying people have to stop making animations for this, It could be made into a spell, like the flying mod with dragon/angel wings mod...

personally, I'm not a modder so I don't know how difficult it would be to make custom animations for a mermaid race, and as a player, I honestly don't care... I just want a cool mermaid tail that I can use with any race regardless of animations. I mean If I go on land, I could remove it or use my animal stalker crawl animation mod.

So... That's my opinion and 2 cents. if you don't like it, then you don't have to use it and ignore me :/

I honestly like this idea. I've been waiting for a mermaid mod for so long that I'm willing to accept almost anything at this point. I've even picked up 3DS Max to create a mermaid/merman tail with it as well as animations down the road. I have had experience with mesh in the past for Oblivion using Blender, so I am confident I can pull it off with practice. (I have modified the mermaid/merman tails from Ashara's Sirens and Tritons to smooth out the fluke and give the meshes a better UV map. I have yet to release the mod, though I will consider it.) Still, I am eager to see this project completed, so I am waiting.

By the way, someone over at the Nexus sites did create two mermaid suits as well as a gorgon one. (The mermaid suits are not to my liking, but I do enjoy transforming healer companion Noemi into a coral mermaid.) Here is the mod: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/60387/?

I honestly like this idea. I've been waiting for a mermaid mod for so long that I'm willing to accept almost anything at this point. I've even picked up 3DS Max to create a mermaid/merman tail with it as well as animations down the road. I have had experience with mesh in the past for Oblivion using Blender, so I am confident I can pull it off with practice. (I have modified the mermaid/merman tails from Ashara's Sirens and Tritons to smooth out the fluke and give the meshes a better UV map. I have yet to release the mod, though I will consider it.) Still, I am eager to see this project completed, so I am waiting.

By the way, someone over at the Nexus sites did create two mermaid suits as well as a gorgon one. (The mermaid suits are not to my liking, but I do enjoy transforming healer companion Noemi into a coral mermaid.) Here is the mod: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/60387/?

Oh gosh, I saw that armor and got excited then I actually SAW it.... it's not my tastes either XD

But yeah, I was so desperate for mermaid armor, I drew up that concept (as well as some different colors, including a koi fish one) and was going to try to find someone to commission to make it for me. I would seriously lay down 40-60 dollars for that, but then I researched and found out Bethesda doesn't want people doing that... so it's just a simple request now :(

Also, there is so many mods that would go perfect with a mermaid mod

Water destruction magic

a few (though not very good) underwater combat mods

Tropical Skyrim

More underwater treasure

The Sire race

And I think there might be a mod that adds more fish, I know Oblivion had one

I really just can't wait for this to be done, I've been following this for awhilez2

Nice concept, can you make guppy tail concept, the really huge tailfins.

Like this?: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guppy

Speaking from experience with Second Life, I know it is possible to rig the fluke to the feet bone so it will bend smoothly with it. It is a technique that is now being used in Second Life, wereas in the past the fluke was rigged to the knee bone, rendering it stiff/inanimate.

Here is an example of a tail that uses this kind of rigging: http://youtu.be/ZPGP7Xd7CCY

I mention all this because rigging such a huge fluke to the knee bone would look incredibly awkward.

Nice concept, can you make guppy tail concept, the really huge tailfins.

Ooo what about a betta fish concept 

http://aquariumfish.net/images_01/betta_male_blue_120125a2_w0640.jpg

http://fishsabby.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/betta-fish.jpg

Might be too much work but god they're so beautiful *.* I had one named Stanley but it died during christmas :(

mermaid_armor_gupy_by_feendra13-d9n3jg2.

mermaid_armor_betta_fish_by_feendra13-d9

mermaid_armor_koi_fish_by_feendra13-d9n3

mermaid_armor_blue2_by_feendra13-d9n3jko

mermaid_armor_black_by_feendra13-d9n3jku

mermaid_armor_green_by_feendra13-d9n3jkg

mermaid_armor_rainbow_by_feendra13-d9n3j

mermaid_armor_red_by_feendra13-d9n3jja.j

mermaid_armor_white_by_feendra13-d9n3jiy

sorry the Guppy one looks kinda terrible DX