[Backport request] Can someone backport Immersive Daedra Worship: Temple of Molag Bal?

Hi

I found this really intresting mod and wanted to give it a go, however, I only have LE. I read through the comments and someone attempted to give it an attempt but they never came back with it. The author said "I have no plans to make an LE version at the moment. All of the assets have compatible versions available (I ran them through the Cathedral Optimizer). If someone wants to backport the .esp to Form 43, contact me and I'll do what I can to help." to the first person who attempted to backport.

Is anyone able to do this. I have no experience when it comes to creating mods and porting so I was just wondering.

Link: 

Thanks  :) 

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/15/2021 at 9:14 PM, MiniMania1 said:

<snip>

I read (and tested it working for other mods SSE exclusives) that just by opening the esp in the Creation Kit and saving it once does the trick to convert the number to 43 from 44 (if there are forms SSE exclusive or something like it, one can just re-arrange them or just delete them all through the Creation Kit or TES5Edit).

What I also do as an added measure is use TES5Edit to re-create the SEQ file if the mod has one, plus converting all the textures and meshes to LE (even if they are compatible already, I want to be careful things work), sounds tricky, but it's really not, one just have to have the right tools:

Spoiler

What I use:

For the meshes:

SSE NIF OPTIMIZER https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/4089

With these settings:

Spoiler

SET.jpg.fb53ff2e05e697fa16b84636d0fc327d.jpg

For the textures:

I use this tool:

https://vectorplexus.com/topic/1358-guide-texconv_-batch-dds-to-le-or-se-tool/

One has to edi the file path of the bat files to make it work though, as they link to the author's original file path, not where you put the files on your own pc.

To edit them:

Spoiler

1.jpg.d6cbb071a3a4394036f18dd6b31c6d34.jpg

2.jpg.235e7c1eaafbde769543d2dc00e0ce86.jpg

[forgive the italian wording of the folders, not my choice, hope it doesn't make things even more confusing]

What each bat file does is explained by the author. I personally always just convert everything using the last bat file in the list ( the one called  texconv_R8G8B8A8.bat  )

For the SEQ file:

Open TES5Edit and the esp you want to give a new SEQ file for:

Spoiler

3.jpg.8e11f5f5f15b94c01e04679bc5d207df.jpg

And that is that! Scripts work natively, so you shouldn't have to worry about them (not sure about skse stuff though). Animations also need to be converted, and while it has not happened to need to do so for me yet, I have read that it is possible to convert them much like one would convert meshes.

Collisions and the like are not something I dawdle in too much (as they tend to break everything on my end, and I am a bit tired of reinstalling this game), but I did notice that they, most of the time, do not work if they are smp based and converted, for me at least, but I always had issues with smp, so don't mind me and try it anyway :D

For world spaces and things of the like, be mindful of waterflow and things like this, as they are not present (in the same form, at least) in normal Skyrim, so... I am not sure what will happen actually, as I have never had an issue with this sort of thing, but I read people speaking of this, so wanted to share in case. If you have issues with them, the person said that one can either remove them or replace them in the Creation Kit or TES5Edit, nothing huge :3

I have just recently also converted the mod you are looking for to be converted here (Temple of Molag Bal), so do let me know if you'd like me to share my files with you, I am unsure if I would be allowed to share them publicly, so I will send them to you privatly (anyone else interested, unless I can have the "you're good to go" approval from the mod author for posting publicly, do feel free to contact me directly for them, no worries :3 )

Another mod I converted just recently is Diary of Mine https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/16941-paradise-halls-diary-of-mine-wip/  , and while I could not test the Temple of Molag Bal completely, yet, I have tested Diary of Mine to be 100% working for me.

On 4/10/2021 at 2:28 PM, Temporary500 said:

I read (and tested it working for other mods SSE exclusives) that just by opening the esp in the Creation Kit and saving it once does the trick to convert the number to 43 from 44 (if there are forms SSE exclusive or something like it, one can just re-arrange them or just delete them all through the Creation Kit or TES5Edit).

What I also do as an added measure is use TES5Edit to re-create the SEQ file if the mod has one, plus converting all the textures and meshes to LE (even if they are compatible already, I want to be careful things work), sounds tricky, but it's really not, one just have to have the right tools:

Reveal hidden contents

What I use:

For the meshes:

SSE NIF OPTIMIZER https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/4089

With these settings:

Reveal hidden contents

For the textures:

I use this tool:

One has to edi the file path of the bat files to make it work though, as they link to the author's original file path, not where you put the files on your own pc.

To edit them:

Reveal hidden contents

[forgive the italian wording of the folders, not my choice, hope it doesn't make things even more confusing]

What each bat file does is explained by the author. I personally always just convert everything using the last bat file in the list ( the one called  texconv_R8G8B8A8.bat  )

For the SEQ file:

Open TES5Edit and the esp you want to give a new SEQ file for:

Reveal hidden contents

And that is that! Scripts work natively, so you shouldn't have to worry about them (not sure about skse stuff though). Animations also need to be converted, and while it has not happened to need to do so for me yet, I have read that it is possible to convert them much like one would convert meshes.

Collisions and the like are not something I dawdle in too much (as they tend to break everything on my end, and I am a bit tired of reinstalling this game), but I did notice that they, most of the time, do not work if they are smp based and converted, for me at least, but I always had issues with smp, so don't mind me and try it anyway :D

For world spaces and things of the like, be mindful of waterflow and things like this, as they are not present (in the same form, at least) in normal Skyrim, so... I am not sure what will happen actually, as I have never had an issue with this sort of thing, but I read people speaking of this, so wanted to share in case. If you have issues with them, the person said that one can either remove them or replace them in the Creation Kit or TES5Edit, nothing huge :3

I have just recently also converted the mod you are looking for to be converted here (Temple of Molag Bal), so do let me know if you'd like me to share my files with you, I am unsure if I would be allowed to share them publicly, so I will send them to you privatly (anyone else interested, unless I can have the "you're good to go" approval from the mod author for posting publicly, do feel free to contact me directly for them, no worries :3 )

Another mod I converted just recently is Diary of Mine https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/16941-paradise-halls-diary-of-mine-wip/  , and while I could not test the Temple of Molag Bal completely, yet, I have tested Diary of Mine to be 100% working for me.

Hi sorry for the late reply life has been busy. Can you send me the files via a private message. Thank you very much you have been a great help :) 

On 10/4/2021 at 10:28, Temporary500 said:

Leí (y lo probé funcionando para otras modificaciones exclusivas de SSE) que con solo abrir el esp en el Kit de creación y guardarlo una vez, el truco es convertir el número a 43 de 44 (si hay formularios SSE exclusivos o algo así, uno puede simplemente reorganizarlos o simplemente eliminarlos a través del Kit de creación o TES5Edit).

Lo que también hago como medida adicional es usar TES5Edit para recrear el archivo SEQ si el mod tiene uno, además de convertir todas las texturas y mallas a LE (incluso si ya son compatibles, quiero tener cuidado de que las cosas funcionen), suena complicado, pero en realidad no lo es, solo hay que tener las herramientas adecuadas:

Ocultar contenidos

Que uso:

Para las mallas:

OPTIMIZADOR SSE NIF https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/4089

Con estas configuraciones:

Revelar contenidos ocultos

Para las texturas:

Yo uso esta herramienta:

Sin embargo, uno tiene que editar la ruta del archivo de los archivos bat para que funcione, ya que se vinculan a la ruta del archivo original del autor, no a la ubicación de los archivos en su propia PC.

Para editarlos:

[perdone la redacción italiana de las carpetas, no es mi elección, espero que no haga las cosas aún más confusas]

Lo que hace cada archivo bat lo explica el autor. Personalmente, siempre convierto todo usando el último archivo bat de la lista (el llamado texconv_R8G8B8A8.bat)

Para el archivo SEQ:

Abra TES5Edit y el esp para el que desea dar un nuevo archivo SEQ:

¡Y eso es eso! Los scripts funcionan de forma nativa, por lo que no debería tener que preocuparse por ellos (aunque no estoy seguro de las cosas de skse). Las animaciones también necesitan ser convertidas, y aunque no ha sido necesario que lo haga por mí todavía, he leído que es posible convertirlas de forma muy similar a como se convertirían las mallas.

Las colisiones y cosas por el estilo no son algo en lo que me entretenga demasiado (ya que tienden a romper todo por mi parte, y estoy un poco cansado de reinstalar este juego), pero noté que, la mayoría de las veces, no funcionan. si están basados en smp y convertidos, al menos para mí, pero siempre he tenido problemas con smp, así que no te preocupes y pruébalo de todos modos :D

Para los espacios del mundo y cosas por el estilo, tenga en cuenta el flujo de agua y cosas como esta, ya que no están presentes (en la misma forma, al menos) en Skyrim normal, así que ... no estoy seguro de lo que sucederá en realidad, ya que Nunca he tenido un problema con este tipo de cosas, pero leí a gente hablando de esto, así que quería compartirlo por si acaso. Si tiene problemas con ellos, la persona dijo que puede eliminarlos o reemplazarlos en el Kit de creación o TES5Edit, nada importante : 3

Recientemente también convertí el mod que estás buscando para convertir aquí (Templo de Molag Bal), así que avísame si quieres que comparta mis archivos contigo, no estoy seguro de si se me permitiría hacerlo. compartirlos públicamente, así que se los enviaré de manera privada (cualquier otra persona interesada, a menos que pueda tener la aprobación del autor del mod para publicarlos en público, "estás listo para comenzar", no dudes en contactarme directamente por ellos, no preocupaciones: 3)

Otro mod que convertí recientemente es Diary of Mine https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/16941-paradise-halls-diary-of-mine-wip/   , y aunque no pude probar el Templo de Molag Bal Por completo, sin embargo, he probado que Diary of Mine funciona al 100% para mí.

Hola estoy a tiempo de pedirte el templo de molag bal para special edition??? te lo agradeceria muchisimo!!

2 hours ago, darkmyndskyrim said:

<snip>

You are never too late, if I can answer, I wil, even years from now :3

Sent you the files :3

Esta es una traducción de Google, aunque sé un poco de español, no es lo suficientemente bueno para hablar conversaciones completas, perdóname ^^"

Nunca es demasiado tarde, si puedo responder, lo haré, incluso dentro de años :3
Te envió los archivos :3

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 4/17/2021 at 1:46 AM, Temporary500 said:

Never worry! If I can access the site, I will answer, no matter how much time has passed :3

I sent you the files, do let me know if something doesn't work and I will see what I can do!

Can you please share either pm or officialy? The uthor stated on his other mod abduction being fine with it afaik.

On 10/16/2021 at 12:59 PM, Hpl55 said:

Can you please share either pm or officialy? The uthor stated on his other mod abduction being fine with it afaik.

I am not well with my heart these days (worst than before), so do forgive me if it might take a while for it to happen, but I will do my best to see if I can ask the author and make one such upload (if anything, I can give the author the files, so people won't have to go to two different pages but find the port right there on the main mod page :3 )

If I will upload it I will need testers though, as with my health I cannot really play as I used to, so, if I can do such a thing publicly, I will ask for anyone to report any issues and I will see if I can fix them :3

UPDATE [for reference 23rd of November here at time of writing the update]:

Just wanted to let you all know that the original author contacted me and gave me the good to go to post the port publicly. I am not well at the moment, but I will do so once I will be able to. I will post it here, but do let me know if it would be better to have it somewhere else, I can ask the original author as well if anyone here wants me to post it as a file in the downloads section, no problem :3   Do remember to let me know of any issues, as the LE version might have problems the original does not. I would look in the topics for the original first, and then, if nothing is found, let me know, don't give the author the burden of managing two versions, particularly as they, if I remember, don't own LE anymore, and will not be able to do much to help.

In the meanwhile best of things! Do tag me if I don't see your message, I am doing what I can :3

Edited by Temporary500
  • 2 months later...

LE Backport of Immersive Daedra Worship: Temple of Molag Bal

ORIGINAL FILE IS HERE, AND WAS MADE FOR SSE BY     The Man in Black   

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/10941-immersive-daedra-worship-temple-of-molag-bal/

Do read the description, and see for any requirements or any more information you might wish from the mod, but refer to any problems, if using this version, to me, as they might be caused by the porting (do look around the comments there first though, as the issue might be from the mod itself, and might have already been resolved by someone).

I am not the original author, and while I do have his permission to post this port, I take no credit for any of its files and creations, it is all his, I just ported it for anyone wishing to play it on normal Skyrim. Once more, direct any problem you find with this version to me, as they will probably have something to do with the port instead of the original functioning of the files (do look around the original post before asking though, I will do it for you in case, but it will save me the worry XD  ), I will do what I can to fix errors and the like, so do go ahead and let me know if something doesn't work :3

If anyone asks, I will also post this as a proper download in the download section, do let me know and I shall.

Keep in mind I have no idea how to make a  .bsa  file and not make it a bad thing, so the files are LOOSE files (wanted to just make the converted ones like this, but I don't know if an SSE .bsa file will still work/be recognized by a ported .esp  . If anyone can pack them into a safe .bsa  , or let me know what to do to make a safe to use  .bsa  file, let me know!

I care VERY LITTLE for textures. and while I am doing my best as this is a public file, I am not an artist, and my painting skills are more on the "fix and match" thing, not like the beautiful works other modders can do, and the conversion from SSE might leave, at times, white dots (for some files that I have seen, at least, not from this mod), so do let me know if any texture has this issue, I will do my best to correct them, but will need your eyes, as I cannot see issues with visuals unless it is either glaringly obvious or it is something that even I can notice.

Another thing, some things cannot be ported to LE, so far everything should work, but if the mod becomes more and more advanced, I might not be able to port it anymore, I will do my best and, so far, no mod I backported (aside from some "HDT" outfits, can't remember what the SSE version of HDT is called) has not worked correctly for me.

[LE PORT] Immersive_Daedra_Worship_v05alpha_-_1.7z

Best of things in the meanwhile and thanks again to @The Man in Black for sharing his work with us!