Devious Carriages -Continued-

@lastbytescout

Hi.  Like the additions, and would really like to use them in game.  But probably not if it means giving up CFTO  ?

Will the existing basic CFTO patch produced by  @viewcommunityrules work with this?

He updated one file from CFTO

and

PB's 2.5's script

• qf_pbdc_carriagequest_070012c4.pex

The CFTO patch might stand OK, and if so, well and good,  but you've obviously updated updated everything else a lot, and the workround that he carried into PB's script is certainly no good as a replacement, as filesize and lines of code included show. 

Unfortunately he didn't include source psc s to show what was updated, but he might be able to help out make this work with CFTO, which many ppl use as the best travel overhaul.  Your mod might get more users if you can patch it OK.  Otherwise, as others have already said, they'll just stick with PB's 2.5

@viewcommunityrules patches were here

17 minutes ago, lastbytescout said:

Oh, that's.... alot! :) The part with the more diverse bandits is on my agenda, as I don't like the bandit chief is accompanied by 4 identical twins.

Other than that I'm planing small steps, doing an work in the CK other than compiling stuff or editing some models is absolutely new to me.

I would try my best to help. at least I had some luck in the past taking existing code and modifying and duplicating it. My hope is, that by expanding the existing bandit code to several similar events with different actors would do for starters, meaning just copy pasting it and replacing bandits with other actors and modifying the actors used. 
I am in the process of wrapping my head around the CK, but I still lack time :(

1 hour ago, lastbytescout said:

That patch is integrated already, though I thought it was provided by DeWired. Have to fix the changelog then.

If you integrated a CFTO patch into the base mod, you should list that under "Compatible Mods" on the home page, it'll stop people asking about it in the future :P 

42 minutes ago, PowerBing said:

If you integrated a CFTO patch into the base mod, you should list that under "Compatible Mods" on the home page, it'll stop people asking about it in the future :P 

It's not a real compatibility patch for CFTO, it's a generic workaround taken from that mod. It enables traveling when overencumbered, which was reported to help with otherwise unfinishable quests.

And it IS mentioned in the changelog ;)

5 hours ago, lastbytescout said:

It requires DD5.x as it uses the updated function calls. But I can make DC fallback to the old calls if that's wanted, it's just an awfull lot of log spam when DD5 processes DD4 legay functions.

No need to do it just for me, but it is appreciated. The former mod works for me well enough, and I'll eventually get around to updating things once done with my current playthrough anyway.

It's not a real compatibility patch for CFTO, it's a generic workaround taken from that mod. It enables traveling when overencumbered, which was reported to help with otherwise unfinishable quests.

And it IS mentioned in the changelog ;)

@lastbytescout

Sorry, but I can be real thick at times ...

There were two files in the patches provided.  Looking at what happens with these placed below MO in the Left Pane load order 

- One, qf_pbdc_carriagequest_070012c4.pex, replaced one of PB's original files .  That was said to deal with the recognised weight problem, and I now understand that to be incorporated in your update.  So I guess that's fine, thank you

- The other, KmodCarriageScript.pex, replaced a CFTO file from Nexus CFTO v2.0 mod  ie https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/68221   Nothing in the update now seems to amend, change, or overwrite THAT file

So, to get CFTO to work OK, do we still really need to include that in the MO load order to patch CFTO's scripts as well, so that it will work properly with your 3.0 update?

Sorry to ask again, but I can be not only thick, but also appear to be completely anal at times ..... ?

TIA for your advice on this

I am probably doing something really wrong, but I can't seem to get any event at all. Bumped all odds to 100% and nothing happens.

Any idea on how to troubleshoot the issue? Complete noob here when it comes to scripting, the old version seemed to work

Edit: I am on SSE, that could be the main issue. I just assumed it would work since the previous version worked "as is" with no problems.

@zarantha sorry for pinging, I can't find the comment in which you listed the changes to make in scripts in order to make something work on SSE. What was that needed changes?

3 hours ago, abcdefghilmn said:

I am probably doing something really wrong, but I can't seem to get any event at all. Bumped all odds to 100% and nothing happens.

Any idea on how to troubleshoot the issue? Complete noob here when it comes to scripting, the old version seemed to work

Edit: I am on SSE, that could be the main issue. I just assumed it would work since the previous version worked "as is" with no problems.

@zarantha sorry for pinging, I can't find the comment in which you listed the changes to make in scripts in order to make something work on SSE. What was that needed changes?

Changes to nioverride version checks for the most part - nioverride was changed to skee in SE so checking for nioverride.dll will always fail.

Some mods needed updates to jcontainers version checks, but i haven't seen that recently, and it was never needed for DD.

Nioverride/skee will be for body changes like inflation or for elevating heels on boots, not sure if that would apply to this mod.

It was originally discussed on the conversion tracking thread around here, not sure which post on this you were referring to. there are probably older comments on the need for it, this was when we were first working out how to do conversions.

8 hours ago, Thornagar said:

my game crashes at launch when I have these installed for some reason 

BabyDolls by Frankfranky - used on outfit

Newmillers Long heels & stockings - used on outfit

The newmiller mods require HDT-HHS, BabyDolls require RaceMenu. Got those?

17 hours ago, donkeywho said:

- The other, KmodCarriageScript.pex, replaced a CFTO file from Nexus CFTO v2.0 mod  ie https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/68221   Nothing in the update now seems to amend, change, or overwrite THAT file

I totally forgot about that file. IIRC someone asked to just add the carry weight part, and that's what I added to carriagesystem....pex. So yes, that file needs to be added to CFTO, I guess. I'll look into its source to see if anything needs to be adjusted.

3 hours ago, abcdefghilmn said:

Try turning on the debug log in the MCM. It's very verbose and should give some hint on where things go wrong. All outputs start with "pbdc - "

5 minutes ago, lastbytescout said:

I totally forgot about that file. IIRC someone asked to just add the carry weight part, and that's what I added to carriagesystem....pex. So yes, that file needs to be added to CFTO, I guess. I'll look into its source to see if anything needs to be adjusted.

Thank you very much.  Here's hoping it's 'good to go' and we can then, with that, use 3.0 straight out of the box  ?

6 minutes ago, donkeywho said:

Thank you very much.  Here's hoping it's 'good to go' and we can then, with that, use 3.0 straight out of the box  ?

Checked the source code of that KmodCarriageScript patch, should be save to use. The code it links into has not been altered and most likely won't ever need a change at all.

2 hours ago, lastbytescout said:

Try turning on the debug log in the MCM. It's very verbose and should give some hint on where things go wrong. All outputs start with "pbdc - "

Should the log be written to consolle? or Papyrus Log?

EDIT: I can't find any log anywhere unfortunately. Either the log is not saved, or something is stopping the script from firing

20 minutes ago, lastbytescout said:

Checked the source code of that KmodCarriageScript patch, should be save to use. The code it links into has not been altered and most likely won't ever need a change at all.

That's great

Thanks for checking it out

Much appreciated

4 hours ago, abcdefghilmn said:

Just downloaded this and checked. Nothing in these scripts should need changed for SE. So that isn't your issue.

Found the issue: I think you forgot to include the CarriageSystemScript.pex in the 0.3 version.

I copied it over from the old 0.25 and it worked (seems to work at least!)

1 hour ago, abcdefghilmn said:

Found the issue: I think you forgot to include the CarriageSystemScript.pex in the 0.3 version.

I copied it over from the old 0.25 and it worked (seems to work at least!)

Thx for the info, no clue why that one got deleted from both scripts and sources.

I'll upload a complete version tomorrow, there's also a misfilled alias in the Driver-Sex scenario that will be fixed along the lines together with readded DD4.x support.

I really loved the idea for this mod and was really disappointed to see the lack of updates and that PowerBing couldn't work on it anymore so I'm really glad you picked it up and cant wait to see how the mod progresses from here. I really like the changes you've made so far but I was wondering if you could add an MCM toggle/slider option to choose how likely or to exclude altogether the driver joining in on bandit scenes as it is a little weird to me that the bandits would allow the driver to participate in them when (atleast in my game) its hard enough to believe them letting him even LIVE at all. If not I understand and it won't stop me from using this mod but it would be nice. Either way thanks for reading!

Edit: I'm not sure if this is supposed to happen because I didn't see it on the main page (though I will admit I can miss a lot of thing in descriptions sometimes) but when I got the Bondage sex or bribe event I chose bondage and before he tied me up it started a aggressive sex scene anyway. If this is intended could you also add a toggle for it aswell?

Edit #2: Ok so this one I'm pretty sure is a bug but when I get stopped for just sex by the driver and agree I get the onscreen message popup and when I close it instead of having sex with the driver my character just masturbates and then when I try to talk to the driver he starts to say the "you must be the best girl I've ever had" or whatever line but almost instantly (like almost before I even had time to read said line) the game just cuts him off and teleports me to my destination without actually starting the sex scene with the driver.

Yes, the driver joining is part of an old patch, where he got invited by the boss via dialogue. I'll either re-add the dialogue or make him a spectator again.

I'll look into the bribing part. I saw that aswell on occasion, but for me it looked like "Scent of Sex" starting something at the same time. (Edit: Its a bug.)

For edit #2, yes, that's the wrong alias mentioned in my last post. It's fixed for a service release, planned for later this evening.

Edit: Update comes tomorrow, it's done but did not get enough testing.

im loving the new changes i do have a problem though i got the tavern wench to trigger after the event the tavern set is permanant it cant be unequipped

since there classed as clothes cursed loot and devious devices mod doesnt remove them which if you trigger a collor event in cursed loot that punishes the player for wearing clothes your screwed >.<

small update 0.3.1
- added fallback equipper for DD4 (separate script for now: dd4_pbdc_EquipScript.pex)
- added missing carriagesystemscript files
- fixed wrong alias on Driver-BondageSexBribe scenario
- removed driver from bandit sex scenes

The dd4 support is pretty much done, but not fully tested. If you want to give it a try, just replace the script.

On 3/8/2021 at 8:09 AM, Wut1969 said:

Thanks. ?

I'll just give it a shot using the struggle option first. I'm not so sure I want to add more Devious mods as they'll probably add to more and more struggles (terrible pun, but intended) for both me and my PC.

There's a simple mod I've been using for awhile called Bwitch that lets you either pay blacksmiths for restraint keys or have sex with them for keys or item removal. (Also has some neat bondage buffs for mages but you don't have to use them.)

small update 0.3.1
- added fallback equipper for DD4 (separate script for now: dd4_pbdc_EquipScript.pex)
- added missing carriagesystemscript files
- fixed wrong alias on Driver-BondageSexBribe scenario
- removed driver from bandit sex scenes

The dd4 support is pretty much done, but not fully tested. If you want to give it a try, just replace the script.

Thanks

Look forward to trying this out when I can get my current game working long enough to do so   ?      LOL  ?