Things In The Dark SE

View File

Hello,

This mod is just a conversion of Things in The dark mod for SE. I ran the mod through CAO and optimized the meshes and textures.

Fixed a few bugs too and tried to make it more stable. I have  tested it for about 8Hrs and no issues so far.

About the mod :

It is an extensive quest mod which branches to various main and side quest. It's mostly about Falmer slavery and you experience both 

sides as in being a slave and also the slaver (if you choose to) . Look up the original mods link for further description and credit the

original author for creating an amazing mod.

P.S. : I am not the creator of this mod and all the credit goes to Delzaron  .

Link to original mod :

I have also successfully converted Shout Like a Virgin but I'm waiting for response from the author to post it. I'll also be posting more conversions soon :) 

Have a Great Day!

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    03/04/2021
  • Category
  • Requires
    sexlab, MNC, Dawnguard, ZAZ
  • Regular Edition Compatible
    Not Applicable

Thanks for your work!

I have some troubles with this mod and try to progress via console commands.

I noticed that there is this.

It was even mentioned by the mod author when the second quest "The quest Lurking Fear (aTID1Falmer) " did not start.

Which is also my case.

Another weird thing:

Every time I enter a city vampires spawn right next to me in the city and cause havoc.

Ok I tested something.

I ignored the beginner quest and got my Character captured via the mods:

"Loan Sharks" (so there is a reason to become a slave)

+

"Simple Slavery"(for the transition: free --> slave and getting send to the falmer slave city, make sure to tick the option)

Result after Loan Sharks and Simple Slavery did their thing.

I am in Falmer Slave city and all quests work without an issue. 

I completed the starter quest Inquiry In Windhelm.

Everything worked ok except for the part were you are meant to talk to Frabbi after the elf kills all the bandits.

I used :

setstage aTID1begin 47

setstage aTID1begin 50

setstage aTID1begin 60

to move things along.

Edit1 : Just completed the next quest, The Lurking Fear, everything worked fine.  I'm a slave in Ibn now.

Edit2 : Just an FYI.  For the 'Whispers are coming' quest you can get to Azenith Derleths cave by using the lift in Forgotten Animoncurly.  Or you can just do setstage atid1whisper1 20 to skip talking to her.

Edit3 : Ive completed the 20 or so slave quests and have just completed the servants quest 'Falmer Servant'

When I got to the end of the ruins and triggered the Warmonger scene there was no dialogue.

I couldn't move and nothing was happening....

I had to reload my last save, make my way back to just before the Warmongers room then use:

setstage atid2begin 100

to trigger the warmonger fight.

Note : If you need to do this then don't go too far into the room during or after the fight or you will trigger the scene and be stuck again.

I need some serious help with this quest. I am on extend ibn influence and need to talk to reachmen near markarth. I have no f-ing clue at to what i am supposed to do and who the hell i talk to. No map markers, no hints, no nothing. If i just knew where i need to go such as do i need to talk to somebody in markarth, somebody at a forswon camp, or just what am I supposed to do. Help

I have some reporting to do:

- "The Whispering One" npc has some missing Textures(maybe just me), seem like it the chest piece, or body, its invisible.

- And it's not listed even in the original, only in the comment, u need some mod to speak with some animal npc-s, like a chaurus. For me "Sexlab dialogue" mod working for this perfectly.

Edit, @Plumppy:

- The Warmonger fight was the same for me, but to work i did the following: i used the 'moveto player' command on the Undead falmer lady, and talked with her, and cancel it, the dialgue started again, but one more time needed to repeat this, and dialogue ended how it supposed to be, and fight started okay.

On 3/4/2021 at 9:19 PM, DeathTheReaper9 said:

I have also successfully converted Shout Like a Virgin but I'm waiting for response from the author to post it. I'll also be posting more conversions soon :) 

I'm delighted that TOTD has been ported but man, way to bury the lede! While I'm very excited about the potential of TOYS for future development on the mod, until then I've been sorely missing Shout Like a Virgin in my load order. I hope you get permission soon to share your conversion, even if it serves mainly as a stopgap until the official TOYS port is released.

On 3/5/2021 at 5:37 AM, lanastara said:

you left some files in the download I'm not sure are supposed to be there.

SKSE/skse.ini

scripts/source/aTID3InsmouthAltarTriggerScript.psc -> I think that's actually a source file from "From the deep"

I believe this was an issue with the LE version of TOTD also. That SKSE.ini caused me some grief back in the MO1 days when it wasn't so easy to run down conflicts... it was overriding my memory settings and causing me to ILS :(

On 3/5/2021 at 5:52 AM, ZI0MATRIX said:

Thanks for your work!

I have some troubles with this mod and try to progress via console commands.

I noticed that there is this.

It was even mentioned by the mod author when the second quest "The quest Lurking Fear (aTID1Falmer) " did not start.

Which is also my case.

Another weird thing:

Every time I enter a city vampires spawn right next to me in the city and cause havoc.

same here every time i travel into a town or city instant horde of vampires kinda ruining my day lmfao please fix the instant horde of blood sucking hell spawn thats plagueing my game thanks dude :)

17 minutes ago, 1day2death said:

same here every time i travel into a town or city instant horde of vampires kinda ruining my day lmfao please fix the instant horde of blood sucking hell spawn thats plagueing my game thanks dude :)

This pls I cant seem to fix it ? but i want to play the mod badly.

32 minutes ago, MaximusApp said:

This pls I cant seem to fix it ? but i want to play the mod badly.

Maybe i have solution for u, it worked for me: I use the 'Manipulator' Mod, in MCM it has and option, in the Hacks Tab, the 'No Vampire Attack', after enabling that, i don't get the attacks.

11 hours ago, Mevris said:

Maybe i have solution for u, it worked for me: I use the 'Manipulator' Mod, in MCM it has and option, in the Hacks Tab, the 'No Vampire Attack', after enabling that, i don't get the attacks.

sweet good lookin out dude worked like a charm 

20 hours ago, Mevris said:

That is actually pretty ingenious, I'll grab the mod, thank you! :)

Seems on my install that the enslave and honeypot spells aren't adding the "enslaved" npc to the correct factions.  When I try and "Train" none of the options seem to work except player sub oral.  I manually added one of the "slaves" to the IbnSlaveFaction and now I can train the slave.  before adding them to the faction every other option when training them would give me 

SEXLAB - FATAL - Thread[0] AddActors() - Failed to add actor list as it either contains to many actors placing the thread over it's limit, none at all, or an invalid 'None' entry -- [None, [Actor < (00000014)>]]

in the logs