Whispering Hills: Golems

Whispering Hills: Golems

View File

This is a modification of Whispering Hills allowing you to contract incubi from the Otherworld to protect your settlements. However, all deals with demons have a catch. Once per day, each demon you contract will indiscriminately seek tribute from those they protect. They make use of their hellish powers to ensure compliance.

You can create these in any settlement using the workshop menu. Just look for the "Golems" section. They will each seek tribute to initiate their contract, so watch out for that. The summoner is not immune to their powers!

Things to be aware of:

• This is no longer being worked on, and may be incompatible with newer versions of WH.
  • Some users report it being slightly broken for them, but it works fine for me (and presumably everyone who isn't posting). Check for and report conflicts.
  • Not all golems are implemented yet. (Maybe, I don't actually remember if I finished or not)
  • Their AI may be a bit buggy for now. I don't plan to fix anything about their AI at this moment.
  • The "once a day" timer begins when you or the golem loads into the cell, including when you create them. So, if you summon a bunch of them at once, they're all going to get busy whenever you show up.
  • It uses your AAF settings as to which races they think are an acceptable target.
  • There is an eye texture shift which lingers after being a part of tribute. It will go away after the next 3D reload. Try fast traveling if you need it gone ASAP.
    • This will not affect the player if you have AAF use a doppelganger in the scene.
    • There are 9 different eye textures to choose from, so pick your favorite!
      • You could probably insert your own by renaming them and replacing the ones I included.
  • The eye shift and other settings can be altered in MCM.
  • I accidentally saved some of the DLC as prerequisites for this mod, but you can safely remove those in FO4Edit. No assets from the DLC are used in this mod.
    • If you have the DLC, you don't have to do anything. It shouldn't cause any problems.

You can find the original, amazing mod here: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/46871

This mod makes use of assets from the following mods. You do not need to download any of these. I am just giving credit to them.

Future plans: [Note: none of these are actually planned until I get back into modding, if I ever do.]

• Import the remaining enemies (see screenshots for those remaining)
  • Add unique properties to each golem
    • Example: Apply a buff to anyone targeted for tribute
  • Add fun, unique AI to each golem
  • Add balancing to golem material components
  • Add various MCM options
    • Currently planned options
      • Maximum number of simultaneous tributes
    • If you have other ideas, please suggest them. I will try to add any that don't require extensive work.
  • If (big if) I pursue a v2.0, I plan to make constructable portals that summon the golems instead of directly creating the golems.
  • I also have ideas for a couple traps (one involves that demonic monkey from vanilla FO4).

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    02/26/2021
  • Category
  • Requires
    AAF, MCM, NukaWorld

1 hour ago, justforcensor said:

I like the idea, but can you add some screenshots, and explain does this golems prefer females or they bang everything they see.
also what do you think about adding an option to give them some captive attackers instead?

Screenshots? Sure, but there's nothing you can't see on the WH page.

They currently select the closest thing that isn't a golem (or nothing if it can't find anything that day). It uses your AAF race settings to determine what's acceptable. I can add a sex toggle to MCM in the future.

I'm not sure what you mean by "captive attackers." Could you explain that a little?

I dont have Whispering Hills and it looks like it changes a few things in game which typically means fresh game to me. Also figure that since whatever a golem is muct be related to something AAF will interact with. Is it ghoul related or what? Looks interesting. Ill give it a go next fresh run as I like the idea behind the Silent Hills mod.

16 minutes ago, Olmech said:

I dont have Whispering Hills and it looks like it changes a few things in game which typically means fresh game to me. Also figure that since whatever a golem is muct be related to something AAF will interact with. Is it ghoul related or what? Looks interesting. Ill give it a go next fresh run as I like the idea behind the Silent Hills mod.

WH is a game wide overhaul, so a fresh start is probably safest. However, I'm not 100% sure you need WH to use this Golem mod, as I've included the texture/meshes in the ba2's.

A golem is a mythological creature made of clay. It's just the word I've chosen here since it's essentially a magical servant, and you are "building" the creatures from the settlement menu. It's not really related to anything AAF or FO specific. Several of the WH creatures do use the ghoul skeleton, which doesn't play nice with AAF. Most work well, though. AAF Violate includes Pyramid Head in their accepted creatures, but I can provide a list of the race IDs to include in the Violate script so they all can work with that mod as well.

3 hours ago, delete1618 said:

WH is a game wide overhaul, so a fresh start is probably safest. However, I'm not 100% sure you need WH to use this Golem mod, as I've included the texture/meshes in the ba2's.

A golem is a mythological creature made of clay. It's just the word I've chosen here since it's essentially a magical servant, and you are "building" the creatures from the settlement menu. It's not really related to anything AAF or FO specific. Several of the WH creatures do use the ghoul skeleton, which doesn't play nice with AAF. Most work well, though. AAF Violate includes Pyramid Head in their accepted creatures, but I can provide a list of the race IDs to include in the Violate script so they all can work with that mod as well.

It´s invisible without Whispering Hills, even  if you just delete the Whispering Hills ESPs. You still can aim it in VATS but it becomes hostile after a few hits.

A standalone Version would be cool

How do i add this race to AAF, it doesn´t show up in AAF Wizzard

17 minutes ago, Toddi said:

It´s invisible without Whispering Hills, even  if you just delete the Whispering Hills ESPs. You still can aim it in VATS but it becomes hostile after a few hits.

Hm, could you try unpacking the included ba2 files? You'll need to place the files in the appropriate Data folder, and don't forget to put them in your overwrite folder if you're using MO2.

Maybe that would fix it. If so, I can just put the loose files in the archive instead. If not, can someone clue me in as to how to create a standalone version?

54 minutes ago, Toddi said:

How do i add this race to AAF, it doesn´t show up in AAF Wizzard

I've uploaded a new version that contains both the loose files and the Bethesda archives. See if one or the other works for you now.

29 minutes ago, Ironwulfthegreat said:

I've noticed that a skeleton is included in this mod. I already use the ZaZ extended skeleton. Is ZaZ compatible with this mod, or do I have to use the one you supplied?

The included files should be unique to the golems and shouldn't interfere with any NPC skeleton. It's always a good idea to make a backup when you're unsure, though.

1 hour ago, Ironwulfthegreat said:

The skeleton in the loose files Meshes/actors/character/character assets overwrites the player skeleton in meshes/actors/character/character assets.

Weird. I didn't include any files inside that folder, so there shouldn't be anything to overwrite with! You can probably just ignore that folder.

57 minutes ago, Olmech said:

These things have kind of look like mannequins and have no genitalia. When they demand tribute, its kind of like air humping. Is that intended?

It's just how it appears in WH. It never really bothered me. My head canon is that the golems aren't really seeking physical pleasure, simply the act of domination. They make the settlers feel and desire whatever they want, regardless of physical limitations. I'd like to leave most of it vague and easily edited by others to facilitate whatever their head canon is.

12 hours ago, delete1618 said:

Screenshots? Sure, but there's nothing you can't see on the WH page.

They currently select the closest thing that isn't a golem (or nothing if it can't find anything that day). It uses your AAF race settings to determine what's acceptable. I can add a sex toggle to MCM in the future.

I'm not sure what you mean by "captive attackers." Could you explain that a little?

sure, you said golems protect your settlement from atackers, with human resource mode I can knock out some raiders and make them my slaves. technicly they are now settlers who asighned for sex work. Is it possible to tag this sort of workers as primary golem's meat untill they "worn out"(die) and I'm forsed to find more somewhere or give them some regular settlers, companions or player herself. I understand it may be lot of work but this is how I see real benefitial pact with a demons:)

7 hours ago, justforcensor said:

Is it possible to tag this sort of workers as primary golem's meat untill they "worn out"(die)

It'd only take a few extra lines of code to do, but that doesn't really go along with what I want to do with the mod.

If you want to edit it yourself, you can open the script in the WHG quest and add a check for if the victim has the slave (or whatever) keyword. If so, you can set the timeout to a ridiculous value. I don't think AAF has an upper limit (aside from the Integer limit). It doesn't have an "unlimited" option, though. 0 and -1 wouldn't work.

Actually forcing them to target your slaves is a bit tougher. The easiest way would be to create a copy of the golem that only targets actors that have the desired keyword. Or just change the script so that the current setup will only do so.