Whispering Hills: Golems

1 hour ago, qwerqwer12 said:

It seems even with the setting enabled my golems don't have penises. even when i disable all other mods. Not sure why

I didn't realize the property IDs changed when I had to recreate them. I've uploaded a fixed version.  Note that I only added Pyramid Head back in today. I'll do the nurses tomorrow.

1 hour ago, MeatBeatus said:

I was hoping someone would start making some mods for Whispering Hills here. Any plans to make creatures that don't play well with AAF compatible (gnashers, demogorgon, regenerator, etc)?

I was planning to upload a non-adult version to Nexus, so that should include them. I'm honestly pretty bummed the regenerator doesn't work. I might see if I can convert him to a human skeleton.

33 minutes ago, delete1618 said:

I was planning to upload a non-adult version to Nexus, so that should include them. I'm honestly pretty bummed the regenerator doesn't work. I might see if I can convert him to a human skeleton.

I'm still not entirely sure why so many of them don't work, maybe I'm misunderstanding something but it seems like they just use feral ghoul resources and ferals work in AAF.

21 minutes ago, MeatBeatus said:

I'm still not entirely sure why so many of them don't work, maybe I'm misunderstanding something but it seems like they just use feral ghoul resources and ferals work in AAF.

They use feral templates, but their skeleton is different. At least, that's the only key difference I can think of. I haven't examined AAF under the hood to find out.

8 hours ago, FairweatherFriend said:

I'm having an issue - the golems section doesn't show up in my tab. The MCM showed up, so it's working there. I shouldn't need whispering hills for this to work, right?

All of the assets are bundled with the esp, so you don't need WH. The Golems tab is on the main row of the settlement menu. Its image is just a crossed screwdriver and hammer for now. Try scrolling right and left even if it looks like there's nothing there.

Did you correctly install the Data files? You can past it into your Fallout 4 game folder, or tell Mod Organizer 2 to install the mod from the zip file.

On 3/11/2021 at 1:37 PM, FairweatherFriend said:

I'm having an issue - the golems section doesn't show up in my tab. The MCM showed up, so it's working there. I shouldn't need whispering hills for this to work, right?

A couple other things I thought of the check: Did you make sure you enabled the mod? Are you inside a settlement? Golems only work inside settlements. So, for example, they won't appear in the menu inside Home Plate. You can use the console to spawn one of them to check that it's working at all. (use help golem 0)

I don't know if anyone else is having this issue, but the MCM menu doesn't seem to work for me.  None of the options that I picked are saved when I leave the MCM.  I suspect it might be interference from another mod, but I'm having a tough time isolating it down.  If I find it, I'll let you guys know, but if someone know the answer already it would be most appreciated.

22 hours ago, ElsissSurana said:

Follow up.  I've stripped out everything except the essentials that are listed on this page and CBBE.  Not only is the MCM no longer working, but I can't even see the model of the golem when I try to place them in the world.  I am using a fresh new game to do this.

Sorry, I wish I had seen this before you did all that. MCM is solely dependent on property IDs, so if I mistyped them in the MCM config or something, that would stop them from working. I'll upload a fixed version for you in a few minutes.

Double check that the meshes/textures/etc folders from the zip are still present in your Data or overwrite/mod folder. That's really the only reason the models would fail to show up.

On 3/17/2021 at 2:16 AM, FairweatherFriend said:

Update to my issue, doing a placeatme of the lying golem doesn't place anything - tried the reinstall of the mod, still didn't work.

Well, what mod manager are you using? If you're not using one, are you making sure to extract the files/folders into your Fallout 4/Data folder? Maybe go into your data folder to verify all the files are actually there (textures, etc). Do you see anything in your Buffout log?

And, just to double check, you formatted your console command like this: "player.placeatme b5003d8d 1"

Their version probably didn't install correctly. I'm using MO2 and I had to shuffle files around a bit (drag everything out of the data folder that was in the wrong spot, basically)

e: that said, the martyr guy is bright purple for me, and I never seem to be able to get roles/dongs/etc to work right. Still really like the concept, will check back soon

On 3/16/2021 at 1:58 AM, ElsissSurana said:

I don't know if anyone else is having this issue, but the MCM menu doesn't seem to work for me.  None of the options that I picked are saved when I leave the MCM.  I suspect it might be interference from another mod, but I'm having a tough time isolating it down.  If I find it, I'll let you guys know, but if someone know the answer already it would be most appreciated.

I am also having the issue of MCM settings not being applied, ONLY for the WHG mod. I wouldn't even mind if the "victim gender" wasn't set to "male" I want the golems to abuse women not men.. T.T I'm using MO2 and everything seems to be installed properly. I'd really appreciate help, since I've been long hoping for a crossover between AAF and horror in FO4. Haven't tried out the mod, still in Vault going through all the MCM settings, maybe the mod works and the settings don't matter much. Will see.

On 3/30/2021 at 2:28 PM, XXXiveXXX said:

I am also having the issue of MCM settings not being applied, ONLY for the WHG mod. I wouldn't even mind if the "victim gender" wasn't set to "male" I want the golems to abuse women not men.. T.T I'm using MO2 and everything seems to be installed properly. I'd really appreciate help, since I've been long hoping for a crossover between AAF and horror in FO4. Haven't tried out the mod, still in Vault going through all the MCM settings, maybe the mod works and the settings don't matter much. Will see.

That is pretty strange. I had to switch computers so I probably can't get around to fixing anything for a good while, but the MCM options either point to the global variable ID or the quest ID. You can open the esp in Creation Kit or FO4Edit to verify the IDs match what is in the MCM config file. If that fails, you can open the quest script to verify the logic there. I did go over it several times, but who knows if I actually copied the correct file?

On 3/26/2021 at 4:14 PM, Lilocca said:

Their version probably didn't install correctly. I'm using MO2 and I had to shuffle files around a bit (drag everything out of the data folder that was in the wrong spot, basically)

e: that said, the martyr guy is bright purple for me, and I never seem to be able to get roles/dongs/etc to work right. Still really like the concept, will check back soon

The "martyr guy" is the WH Missionary enemy. You can search for "missionary" to verify that its textures are present. There should only be one for him.

It's weird that anything would be in the wrong spot. I just copied it directly from my folder. I never tested installing it with mod organizer, though.