Requests

5 hours ago, Mastermind1945 said:

I tested it, but it didn't change toenails. Only speculation map seems to be changed though.

I tested it and it worked just fine for me.

All I did was switch to toenails:2 in the makeup section.

In the base game toenails 1: uses a texture + a specular... and toenails 2: only uses a specular

Since the replacer hides the specular, it now means that toenails 1: just uses the texture alone without a specular and toenails 2: now comes as a clean no texture, no specular variant.

But no doubt it works.

How do I change the projector image in Classroom? I remember having an import option for images in TK17 Options Manager. Something like a screen for images in the Binaries folder needs to be installed. I can't remember the name of the installation. I take a screenshot and put it in the active mode folder. In the game, I change the image on the projector. Does anyone have this installation. Thank you.

Yes, there is an image import option in Options Manager. But it is really easy to do it yourself.

[1] Create a folder in Mod\ActiveMod

[2] put a 512 x 1024 pixel PNG image in that folder and call it "Screen01.png"

[3] repeat steps [1] & [2] to add more "screens" (you can only have one "Screen01.png" per folder of course)

Now launch the game, load the Classroom and then load a Pose or Sequence.

Activate Customizer pop-up with F12 and go to the last tab for Room Options.

Scroll down to the Projector control and select a screen to use.

screen.jpg.d95c2d4b851160941e03345e08c0338b.jpg

2 hours ago, Marburg said:

Yes, there is an image import option in Options Manager. But it is really easy to do it yourself.

[1] Create a folder in Mod\ActiveMod

[2] put a 512 x 1024 pixel PNG image in that folder and call it "Screen01.png"

[3] repeat steps [1] & [2] to add more "screens" (you can only have one "Screen01.png" per folder of course)

Now launch the game, load the Classroom and then load a Pose or Sequence.

Activate Customizer pop-up with F12 and go to the last tab for Room Options.

Scroll down to the Projector control and select a screen to use.

screen.jpg.d95c2d4b851160941e03345e08c0338b.jpg

No image appears. Do I need to rename the folder or image in it "Screen01.png"?

Do I need to put a png image 512 x 1024 pixel or 1024 x 512 pixel?

I had an importer before and it opened the images in the Screenshot folder in TK17 Menager. I simply checked the image I wanted and it created an image folder in the Active Mod folder. Something is wrong now.

1 minute ago, Clara Cox said:

Do I need to rename the folder or image in it "Screen01.png"?

Do I need to put a png image 512 x 1024 pixel or 1024 x 512 pixel?

I had an importer before and it opened the images in the Screenshot folder in TK17 Menager. I simply checked the image I wanted and it created an image folder in the Active Mod folder. Something is wrong now.

The folder name can be anything you like

The image filename HAS to be Screen01.png

The image dimensions should be 512 by 1024 pixels, just like i said.

1 hour ago, Marburg said:

The folder name can be anything you like

The image filename HAS to be Screen01.png

The image dimensions should be 512 by 1024 pixels, just like i said.

OK. When I put 1024 x 512 pixels it gets a better image. With 512 x 1024 pixels the quality is worse.

Is there an image importer? The one that was on Mods Garden and that puts in the Binaries folder.

Also, can I darken the ambiance in the room? And how? Just to light the projector. I don't use Hook. Lighting effects only illuminate parts of the room and do not obscure the whole. I remember that before it was possible for the whole room to be darkened, in light effects. There is no such option now.

30 minutes ago, Clara Cox said:

OK. When I put 1024 x 512 pixels it gets a better image. With 512 x 1024 pixels the quality is worse.

my mistake, i should have been clearer:  the image should be 512 pixels HIGH and 1024 pixels WIDE

Or 2048 wide and 1024 high for higher resolution images.

Is there an image importer? The one that was on Mods Garden and that puts in the Binaries folder.

Available in the Options Manager. Binaries\TK17_OptionsMan.exe

Also, can I darken the ambiance in the room? And how?

with the light controls in the Pose Editor

Edited by Marburg
3 hours ago, Marburg said:

my mistake, i should have been clearer:  the image should be 512 pixels HIGH and 1024 pixels WIDE

Or 2048 wide and 1024 high for higher resolution images.

Available in the Options Manager. Binaries\TK17_OptionsMan.exe

with the light controls in the Pose Editor

I don't have it. Does it need to be installed? As a special addon or similar?

Image import.dib

32 minutes ago, Clara Cox said:

I don't have it. Does it need to be installed?

you should have this option:

import.jpg.15c2cbfd0cce0dd88ab1c540fa080c5e.jpg

If you don't, check if the file "options_screen01.txt.lua" exists in Binaries.

But believe me: it is just as easy to do by hand unless you want to import a large number of files.

7 hours ago, Marburg said:

you should have this option:

import.jpg.15c2cbfd0cce0dd88ab1c540fa080c5e.jpg

If you don't, check if the file "options_screen01.txt.lua" exists in Binaries.

But believe me: it is just as easy to do by hand unless you want to import a large number of files.

I do not have it. Somehow it's easier for me with that option than correcting a lot of images manually.

Where can I find that file for the Binaries folder?

what is the version of your game? it should work if you have VX update P.

the file CORE_RL_magick_.dll present in your Binaries folder?

BTW: i did discover that this function was indeed a separate download/install.

Here's the full version including an example Config file to show how you can set the folders to scan for images

Screen01_creator.zip

Edited by Marburg
4 hours ago, Marburg said:

what is the version of your game? it should work if you have VX update P.

the file CORE_RL_magick_.dll present in your Binaries folder?

BTW: i did discover that this function was indeed a separate download/install.

Here's the full version including an example Config file to show how you can set the folders to scan for images

Screen01_creator.zip 2.16 kB · 2 downloads

I have VX update P.

CORE_RL_magick_.dll is located in the Binaries folder.

I remember that everything worked properly before. I put this new one you sent where it should and again the same error.

it works here and i dont know how to fix it for you.

you have the right version and all the files.

did you put the lua file in Binaries (right place) or in Binaries\Lua (the WRONG place!) ?

Edited by Marburg

did you put the lua file in Binaries (right place) or in Binaries\Lua (the WRONG place!) ?

I can attest that it works for me also. Although the included config file seems to have no apparent affect regardless of what path that you put into the file.

I put it in the Binaries folder, not in Binaries / Lua.

Maybe some file is missing. I don't know if that's all you sent me. How did you install it? If we have the same version of the game, how can I get the error? I have windows 7. I downloaded the file to MG earlier and installed everything as it was said there. It worked then. Not now.

Maybe send me your CORE_RL_magick_.dll to check.

Edited by Clara Cox
1 hour ago, ITIB said:

I can attest that it works for me also. Although the included config file seems to have no apparent affect regardless of what path that you put into the file.

yep, same thing happens here. seems the load_config() call in the Lua file doesnt work so it defaults to Screenshots and "known" Win image folders. I'll need a bit more time to figure out why it fails to load the settings.

If we have the same version of the game, how can I get the error? I have windows 7.

I have Win7 too so thats certainly not the issue.

But i dont know... i have this theory that not one install of this game is exactly like another one.

21 minutes ago, Marburg said:

I have Win7 too so thats certainly not the issue.

But i dont know... i have this theory that not one install of this game is exactly like another one.

I also subscribe to your theory as evidenced by the fact that you have no problems loading the sequencer in different languages while they refuse to load for me unless I edit one line in a particular .lua file. We both use VX update p but get very different results.

Edited by ITIB
14 hours ago, Marburg said:

yep, same thing happens here. seems the load_config() call in the Lua file doesnt work so it defaults to Screenshots and "known" Win image folders. I'll need a bit more time to figure out why it fails to load the settings.

Ok, I got it to work.

As far as I can tell,

1. Remember to un-comment the string. (DUH)

2. You have to remove the "*" from the end of the string.

3. The separators in the path string must be forward slash ( / ) and not back slash ( \ )

4. You must have at least one pic in that directory or the tab will not even show in options manager.

5. Although the path string does not appear to be case sensitive nor does the pic filename in the directory, the pic file extension DEFINITELY is.  .JPG is not the same as .jpg. And the lua will only show lower case .jpg extentions.

Other than that, it did not matter where I put the images folder, as long as I adhered to those "rules", the pics appeared in options manager.

Awesome, now it works!

Supplied TK17_Screen01.txt template

Default.jpg.3bd10619f61e6617914a926f1d9ce37f.jpg

vv-----Works!-----vv

Works.jpg.a3980b6a6e9ffeb615c9471cd399a738.jpg

Edited by ITIB