[mod] RJW Menstruation

I built the womb rings as an overlay, and beneath it is the fetus layer then background. I know absolutely nothing about coding and what the limits of mods are, but if you are able to do overlays in the code, I could export all of these elements separately. That way any new fetus or womb textures could be added in very easily- or do something like suggested above, where they can swap out what style of overlay they want without needing new images for every fetus to go along with.

20 hours ago, knaveofgrave said:

So after playing around some more, the simplified version works a lot better with my workflow, so if you are amenable I would like to go forward with it. 

womb_thrombo.png.435002f1471f4869a8888d71734c4202.pngwomb_thrombo_birth.png.6e641daf7ba7b10181cac2cfabc9ea38.png

It's a lot simpler to tweak the shapes around, so if I wanted to draw a giving birth set it would speed things along.

those illustration look awesome
and the thrumbo is mega cute
i also like the original-like design womb better if the womb is empty

but if the womb is stretched like in these pictures, i think the simplified version fits good.

so use both ^^

for the color of the fetus, I'd say start red and then change color gradually to match the color of the future child

like here the thrumbo is white, which i think is fitting.

good work!

3 hours ago, sidfu1 said:

for womb graphics you can probably add a toggle to chose between styles. this mod has it so the code is faily easy to do

Thanks

2 hours ago, knaveofgrave said:

I built the womb rings as an overlay, and beneath it is the fetus layer then background. I know absolutely nothing about coding and what the limits of mods are, but if you are able to do overlays in the code, I could export all of these elements separately. That way any new fetus or womb textures could be added in very easily- or do something like suggested above, where they can swap out what style of overlay they want without needing new images for every fetus to go along with.

I can overlap them all unless it looks awkward. It's best to reuse that we can reuse.

Okay so humans done, singlet to quadruplet, nonuplets, and just a max filled stage 9. 

for the fetus files, the stage# in the image name indicates what stage overlay they need. tell me if you want to have the files named in a different way

I'm going to start work on animals next

I took the list of animal pawns and sorted them into groups:

Avian Large (Cassowary, Emu, Ostrich)
Avian Small (Chicken, Duck, Goose)
Bovidae Large (Bison, Cow, Muffalo, Yak)
Bovidae Small (Goat, Sheep)
Camelidae (Dromedary, Alpaca)
Canidae Large (Arctic Wolf, Husky, Labrador Retriever, Timberwolf, Warg)
Canidae Small (Arctic Fox, Fennec Fox, Raccoon, Red Fox, Yorkshire Terrier)
Cervidae (Boomalope, Caribou, Deer, Elk, Gazelle, Ibex)
Elephantidae (Elephant)
Equidae (Donkey, Horse)
Felidae Large (Cougar, Lynx, Panther)
Felidae Small (Cat)
Lacertidae (Iguana)
Leporidae (Hare, Snow Hare)
Megatheriidae (Megasloth and good fucken luck to me finding speculative refs on what those fetuses would look like)
Primate Small (Monkey)
Rhinocerotidae (Rhinocerous)
Rodentia Large (Alphabeaver, Capybara)
Rodentia Small (Boomrat, Squirrel, Chinchilla, Guinea Pig)
Serpentes (Cobra)
Suidae (Pig, Wild Boar)
Testudinidae (Tortoise)
Thrumbo (Thrumbo)
Ursidae (Grizzly Bear, Polar Bear)

If some of these animals seem to be in the wrong place, it's because they are. I consolidated some family trees that had fetuses that looked similar enough, despite the wild weight difference 

Some creative liberty will need to be taken with the bears, as baby bears pop out super small and then spend three months on their hibernating mom doing nothing but drink. Since the bears in Rimworld do not seem to hibernate, then I'm going to magic-wand-wave it to be Rimworld bears are different.

I'll save Canidae for last, and if I still have a good amount of energy, I'll split the groups again and put the domestic dogs in a 'medium' category. 

After animals will be Insect eggs, and after that figuring out mechstuff. I mostly play medieval or industrial playthroughs so I've never even touched the mech aspect of rjw. I'll need to give it a go to get the desired vibe

n after that is mod animal/aliens territory

wombv3.rar

1 hour ago, knaveofgrave said:

Okay so humans done, singlet to quadruplet, nonuplets, and just a max filled stage 9. 

for the fetus files, the stage# in the image name indicates what stage overlay they need. tell me if you want to have the files named in a different way

Elephantidae (Elephant)
Equidae (Donkey, Horse)
Felidae Small (Cat)
Lacertidae (Iguana)
Megatheriidae (Megasloth and good fucken luck to me finding speculative refs on what those fetuses would look like)
Primate Small (Monkey)
Serpentes (Cobra)
Suidae (Pig, Wild Boar)
Testudinidae (Tortoise)
Thrumbo (Thrumbo)

If some of these animals seem to be in the wrong place, it's because they are. I consolidated some family trees that had fetuses that looked similar enough, despite the wild weight difference 

Some creative liberty will need to be taken with the bears, as baby bears pop out super small and then spend three months on their hibernating mom doing nothing but drink. Since the bears in Rimworld do not seem to hibernate, then I'm going to magic-wand-wave it to be Rimworld bears are different.

I'll save Canidae for last, and if I still have a good amount of energy, I'll split the groups again and put the domestic dogs in a 'medium' category. 

After animals will be Insect eggs, and after that figuring out mechstuff. I mostly play medieval or industrial playthroughs so I've never even touched the mech aspect of rjw. I'll need to give it a go to get the desired vibe

wombv3.rar 1.31 MB · 1 download

i recommend setting up the files to be same folder ewtup as mentration then start your own topic.

6 hours ago, knaveofgrave said:

Elephantidae (Elephant)
Equidae (Donkey, Horse)
Felidae Small (Cat)
Lacertidae (Iguana)
Primate Small (Monkey)
Serpentes (Cobra)
Suidae (Pig, Wild Boar)
Testudinidae (Tortoise)
Thrumbo (Thrumbo)

Great.

7 minutes ago, peacefuljihad said:

For me currently the menstruation cycle mod is up to date and working without showing any errors, but ingame the box containing all the visuals is completely empty.

Same. It was working until yesterday's hotfix which also messed up a bunch of other UI mods, so probably related to that.

1 hour ago, POSTMATES said:

i figured it out guys. download from the image link above and replace the folder. heres the link transcribed  

https://github.com/moreoreganostodump/RJW_Menstruation/archive/refs/heads/master.zip

Thanks to @Tory187

That link should get you the same files as uploaded here on LL though. I think @motd1233 always updates here when they update their Git too. You should be able to find version 1.0.5.1 hosted here too.

3 minutes ago, unoriginal said:

So...me seeing a blank slate is normal? which is the same for character editor?

if you already reset ur pawn's vagina and ur still seeing a blank slate then somethings conflicting or ur mod load is wrong. ui works for me after doing the fix.

before the fix, pregnant pawns would not have the UI, and pregnant pawns would show the UI but when you click on it, its just a grey window. after fix it's all good in the hood

Edited by Masterofworlds22
13 hours ago, GammaXai said:

Going to be that guy. Could I get clarification if I am supposed to leave RJWs impregnation enabled because this sits on top of it or am I supposed to flip some options to make this the active system?

You should enable RJW's pregnancy.

On 7/24/2021 at 10:26 AM, Masterofworlds22 said:

if you already reset ur pawn's vagina and ur still seeing a blank slate then somethings conflicting or ur mod load is wrong. ui works for me after doing the fix.

before the fix, pregnant pawns would not have the UI, and pregnant pawns would show the UI but when you click on it, its just a grey window. after fix it's all good in the hood

May I ask which fix? For me nothing is helping so far. ah i see, but it doesnt help. I only have two mods installed. Can't be the issue.

Edited by xbeautycolor