tbbp and "saddle-sink"

newbiebob

hi

i encountered what i believe is generally known as "saddle sink". i use tbbp and various other mods that replace the skeleton and the female body itself. i noticed that whenever i tried to ride, the character would sink too far into the saddle. part of the pelvis and the upper lege would disappear almost entirely.

did find several posts in other threads discussing the problem but all suggested sollutions either didn't work for me or meant removing or replacing something i really wanted to use.

so i started comparing the files with the ones from chsbhc which didn't have saddle sink and it responsible file turned out to be this one:

"data\meshes\actors\character\character assets female\skeleton_female.hkx"

...which as it turns out is a text file.

so i then started to replace parts of the problem file with part of the working one and after a lot of trial and error i fould one single entry that needs to be changed in tbbp to make the saddle sink disappear.

i tested the edited version and i could find no other problems with it, so i thought i'd post here, maybe someone else can use this too.

this line (1288):

<vec12>x00000000 <!-- 0.0 --> x00000000 <!-- 0.0 --> xc134ccce <!-- -11.3 --> x3f800000 <!-- 1.0 --> x33eb2dbc <!-- 1.09514e-007 --> x27bd88ae <!-- 5.26062e-015 --> x334e506a <!-- 4.80362e-008 --> x3f800000 <!-- 1.0 --> x3f800000 <!-- 1.0 --> x3f800000 <!-- 1.0 --> x3f800000 <!-- 1.0 --> x3f800000 <!-- 1.0 --></vec12>

needs to look like this (i replaced just the 3rd value):

<vec12>x00000000 <!-- 0.0 --> x00000000 <!-- 0.0 --> xa9bffffc <!-- -8.52651e-014 --> x3f800000 <!-- 1.0 --> x33eb2dbc <!-- 1.09514e-007 --> x27bd88ae <!-- 5.26062e-015 --> x334e506a <!-- 4.80362e-008 --> x3f800000 <!-- 1.0 --> x3f800000 <!-- 1.0 --> x3f800000 <!-- 1.0 --> x3f800000 <!-- 1.0 --> x3f800000 <!-- 1.0 --></vec12>

disclaimer: i have no idea how these files work in skyrim, i do not have any software needed to edit them professionally and i only cut and pasted a lot until it seemed to work. ymmv.

for me xp32's old rig butt crush fix hkx got rid the sinking saddle on my skyrim..try it see if it works for you

xp32 did not help. i'm using a custom skeleton that incorporates several other mods, so xp32 would just break something else.

i am not looking for any other solutions, since what i described up there fixed all my problems.

i am hoping that what i did might help someone else who has a similar problem.

for me xp32's old rig butt crush fix hkx got rid the sinking saddle on my skyrim..try it see if it works for you

xp32 did not help. i'm using a custom skeleton that incorporates several other mods, so xp32 would just break something else.

i am not looking for any other solutions, since what i described up there fixed all my problems.

i am hoping that what i did might help someone else who has a similar problem.

But if you use xp32's skeleton you get sunken breasts upon death. You should tell this to tyrant who makes custom skeletons for tbbp. He's fixed the sunken breasts but not the sinking saddle. If it does truly work indeed.

I'll try it out myself and see what happens.

It does still sink into the saddle just a TINY bit but you wouldn't even notice the difference.

i removed all my mods, including, of course, tbbp, custom skeleton, and the custom body, and it still looked exactly like that. the slight sink into the saddle that remains after my edit looks exactly like how the default skyrim looks. i think it's supposed to be like that.

nevertheless, i tried editing the value some more and i was able to lift the body more by increasing the hex value. i tried +6.0 (hex = x40c00000) and it looked almost too high.

Nice! I don't ride a horse ever, so I've never encountered this problem, but I'll have to give it a try later (Sleep tyme). See if it fixes other position issues I have with tppb.

(The only way I'd ride a horse is if I chose to never fast travel in any form. Or if someone completed a horse rides you/npc mod to make me want to use a horse.)

• 5 months later...

Well I just tried it and it does actually work! It does still sink into the saddle just a TINY bit but you wouldn't even notice the difference.

here's a upload of mine in case your too afraid of changnign lines.

BTW these are skull tyrants skeletons.

http://www.mediafire.com/?n67zd7jwih83g9y

This link is no longer available. 

The saddle sink issue is annoying.  I love riding by horse but it just looks terrible!  My character is literally sitting inside of the damn horse.  Makes me sad.  I'm using ADEC with BBP and XPMS skeleton.  I'll try to mess around with it.  I'd rather run on foot than ride around like that.  I hope someone lists a fix for this soon.

Thanks for posting on this Snazzishoez otherwise I would have never see this thread

and BIG thanks to newbiebob for finding the correct line to edit in the skeleton_female.hkx file

im using ADEC skeleton and ADEC skeleton_female.hkx with my UNP TBBP body mesh

and your edit fixed the horse riding / sinking problem

here is ADEC skeleton_female.hkx with newbiebobs edits added

also i do NOT have the crushed breasts/butts with this file

its already set up to go to the correct folder

Well I just tried it and it does actually work! It does still sink into the saddle just a TINY bit but you wouldn't even notice the difference.

The saddle sink issue is annoying.  I love riding by horse but it just looks terrible!  My character is literally sitting inside of the damn horse.  Makes me sad.  I'm using ADEC with BBP and XPMS skeleton.  I'll try to mess around with it.  I'd rather run on foot than ride around like that.  I hope someone lists a fix for this soon.

I added newbiebob's fix to a modified XPMS skeleton that fixes TBBP issues a while ago. Link here:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/20027-xpms-modified-for-tbbp-fixes-breasts-too-high-crushed-butt/

Thanks for posting on this Snazzishoez otherwise I would have never see this thread

and BIG thanks to newbiebob for finding the correct line to edit in the skeleton_female.hkx file

im using ADEC skeleton and ADEC skeleton_female.hkx with my UNP TBBP body mesh

and your edit fixed the horse riding / sinking problem

here is ADEC skeleton_female.hkx with newbiebobs edits added

also i do NOT have the crushed breasts/butts with this file

its already set up to go to the correct folder

attachicon.gifADEC skeleton_female hkx horse fixed.7z

I added newbiebob's fix to a modified XPMS skeleton that fixes TBBP issues a while ago. Link here:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/20027-xpms-modified-for-tbbp-fixes-breasts-too-high-crushed-butt/

Awesome!  Thanks a bunch.

Archived