Hello Everyone, its the famous brown face bug I think.  I need help fixing it and find the probably causes.

Is it possible that skeleton can cause this? I use gender specific skeletons and I checked it many times there is no problem in installation.

I use 4k faces, Fusion girl 3BBB, 8k Realistic skin textures, Distinctive teeth for FO4(Dont think it causes it), True Eyes, Female neck tweaks, Black Desert Online Hairs, Long Eyelashes for FO4.

I have no LMCC but I have looksmenu. 

My best possible guess is the 4k faces since its a huge mod consisting of all of LMCC's stuffs to be upscaled to 4k.

So yeah any kind of info or help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance :)

20210121105452_1.jpg

5 hours ago, ZetsuboSeishin said:

Hello Everyone, its the famous brown face bug I think.  I need help fixing it and find the probably causes.

Is it possible that skeleton can cause this? I use gender specific skeletons and I checked it many times there is no problem in installation.

I use 4k faces, Fusion girl 3BBB, 8k Realistic skin textures, Distinctive teeth for FO4(Dont think it causes it), True Eyes, Female neck tweaks, Black Desert Online Hairs, Long Eyelashes for FO4.

I have no LMCC but I have looksmenu. 

My best possible guess is the 4k faces since its a huge mod consisting of all of LMCC's stuffs to be upscaled to 4k.

So yeah any kind of info or help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance :)

20210121105452_1.jpg

This should be mods for face textures and overlays, disable mods and test

Gender Specific skeletons is pointless if you're using FG and I wouldn't recommend it anyway as it's been known to break in certain situations. If you made a tweak to the skeleton you want only applying to female characters or your player, you could look at Skeleton Style Framework, but I haven't verified it and won't offer support or help on it, sorry. 

Also, FG doesn't include any face textures, so ... 

I'm unsure if the pic is related, but you don't have the bug, otherwise the eyebrows would be missing and the tint would look like a broken mess. 

If you're getting the brown face bug in your game, It could be either

1. You installed a face texture mod that does not support 4K and it's overriding 4K faces in some form or way - Check your Data/Textures/Actors/Characters/BaseHumanFemale folder for any files remaining there (IF using MO2 you can tab into the Data tab to see what's being supplied by what mod).
     - If you're using 4K faces, make sure any loose files for Female/Male faces are completely and totally removed
     - I don't recall if you require LMCC, but you may want to check the requirements for 4K faces
     - If you extracted the BA2s for 4K faces and tried to delete textures you "didn't need" please remove and reinstall... Fallout 4's FaceGen System requires that all FaceGen textures be the same resolution for characters that use Facegen. so yes, even if "You don't play male characters" or whatever, they still need to have 4K textures for Facegen to not bug out and you may have accidentally deleted a tint shared by both genders which will cause the issue. 

2. Your PC isn't able to support 4K Face Textures - Oft times if your PC is unable to load the textures there'll be other notable issues, but Brown Face Bug is one
    - Your only option is to downgrade to 2K or lower
    - 4K Faces is a demanding mod... that's it. It'll eat a lot of VRAM and can get heavy if you're going into populated locales. 

3. It's a rare thing with some cards that they don't handle running archive files very well, you could attempt to unpack the archives, but YMMV.
  4. You didn't follow the instructions and update the F4EE ini to work with 4K Faces, Check your INI (Not sure if that causes brown face, but I do know that if you don't edit that ini it can cause issues) 
  5. You can try this Mod but YMMV
9 hours ago, ZetsuboSeishin said:

I did until only mod left was Fusion girl.

I have no makeup mods installed, and I get brown face as well. IIRC, brown face hails back to original Skyrim, and I can't remember if there was ever a real fix for it because it showed up in the BASE GAME. It's like a bad rash.......It keeps coming back, no matter what you do.

There's a mod out there that lowered the size of bitmaps from 4k down to 2k, but it didn't help.

:bawling:

On 1/22/2021 at 4:04 PM, VonHelton said:

I have no makeup mods installed, and I get brown face as well. IIRC, brown face hails back to original Skyrim, and I can't remember if there was ever a real fix for it because it showed up in the BASE GAME. It's like a bad rash.......It keeps coming back, no matter what you do.

There's a mod out there that lowered the size of bitmaps from 4k down to 2k, but it didn't help.

:bawling:

I knew it lol

• 1 month later...

I was plagued but this annoyances for some time and i found for myself mods that work well, i suppose.

A lot of presets and stuff, i had to let go and several re installs of Fallout itself.

Here is what i am using currently that seems to not cause it.

The mods in the attached images are my foundation.

Thanks

2021-03-22 07_06_26-Nexus.png

2021-03-22 07_06_07-First Install.png

Are you showing it on the picture, because i dont see the bug? In my 500 hours the brown face bug only happend once. Can be fixed with looksmenu easy by choosing skin colour again. I always pick custom. I started many new games after and it never happend again. 

Has nothing to do with Body replacer or skeleton. This happen to CBBE as well. 

Last few months I also use clean face https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/359