Sims 3 downloaded world Wild Wild West (and other world discussion)

I wanted a break from the Brooklyn Heights world I've been spending all my time on as well as try to set up a KW brothel and see how it works after I switch to another household - will the brothel function properly?

I'm also going to try a Zombie apocalypse 'proper', in another world which looks made for it. Meanwhile, the world I chose for the brothel experiment is called Wild Wild West. I was kind hoping it had no 'roads' so either horseback or on foot would be the only way to travel, but it's not quite as wild as I had hoped. Still, it has a lot of interesting geography, and several custom lots/homes which are very unique in addition to an overall theme which seems to have had a lot of care put into it.

After loading it up in a new game, I knew I had to get it 'up and running' so I could import my NRaas settings and get Kinky World set up as well before anything else. While looking over the existing families - many choices - I settled on one called Saloon Girls. The Home looks like an old west brothel, and already had a 'Madam' Sim and 5 attractive ladies - Perfect!

Now for the rub. After doing a bit of customizing and all the other stuff like skillups through Master Controller I realized I could not switch between household members....? I couldn't open the UI at the bottom where all the tabs were located (needs/etc.) and when I went to town view none of the building Icons appeared....???? Oh no, did I download some glitched world?

Well after using some MC trick to change active sims, even though the portrait panel never updated, I noticed MC was giving me selector errors about another sim NOT in that household. The errors kept repeating each time I chose a different household sim. I was able to locate this Sim (Auntie 'something') and reset her lot. Didn't fix anything but since she was a solo sim I took a chance and went to edit town, and evicted her to the clipboard. Returned to the game - bye bye Auntie - and now all the town Icons worked, but the household sims were still not properly selectable. I then was able to choose NRaas on the town hall from the map though, and went to the 'Selector' plug-in, and changed it to disable 'change active household on right-click' which is my usual setting. Presto! now the family and town appear to be working normally.

I have no idea why the game was acting that way - never experienced that before. But by using the hints MC was giving me, and ridding the town of that ONE SIM, while making a standard settings change afterwards - all was fixed. I hope if anyone else uses this world and has the same issue, this post can help them. For others, a testimony that using your head and the clues the game gives you while trying to work through problems may reveal solutions if one takes the initiative. I knew I could always reload the save and get 'auntie' back if she wasn't THE problem.

Back in business - now to finally start the experiment....

Screenshot-836.jpg.893aaf83bbc92430cc3a7061425b20bb.jpg

https://thesimscatalog.com/sims3/downloads/worlds/large/wild-wild-west/

For those looking for something different - I recommend bookmarking this and keep an eye on it. Looks like it's been around 6 years in the making....

https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=560138&c=1&ht=&page=1&pp=25#startcomments

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=Uranesia&atb=v209-1&iax=images&ia=images

tumblr_ov06kqIVi61sv3s89o2_640.jpg&f=1&n

This is the same person whom did the Ziwa Bonde world I use for my African save series... so, yeah.

• 3 weeks later...

Instead of starting a new post - I edited the title and decided any Sims 3 world information I and others wanted to share might be found in one place....

I had installed Praaven a short time back and decided it could be very interesting as a Medieval Themed save series so began collecting CC for it. Since the world is unpopulated I knew it was another of those - Here I go again - worlds which would take days to fill and set up.

Having decided to spend some time on it I booted it up and had a single family saved as an 'anchor point' for the future. Well, I was quite surprised when the save loaded and I was met with this:

Screenshot-945.jpg.8514034ac727f974a0b9cc13955505d7.jpg

Thinking "What could have caused this?" I remembered I had installed the Middle Earth World as well afterwards but declined to mess with it as my plans couldn't be realized unless a lot of manipulating worked (with no guarantee it would). I had wanted to have Children as Hobbits but they needed a baby sitter when home alone - well crap. Forgot about that and the NRaas 'Go Here' seemed like more work than it was worth for a small hobbit population. Scratch that idea. -BUT- since that world has Mordor (Lava and all) I began to think that was the only reason for the Praaven waters to appear as above. Removing Middle Earth World and all the CC fixed it.

Now I can continue with a proper Medieval Theme and may even try to incorporate some Game of Thrones - unsure at the moment as a school of 'Witchcraft' has also been on my mind. Making a medieval school with a potions room, a Bonehilda, etc. could be fun. We'll see how it goes - as it 'isn't' a GoT theme although several CC I downloaded did reference armors of the different houses. But I also have the Dragon Valley World which includes the Renaissance Fair among other things like the Violin with proper music. Finally a way to have music appropriate for the times without 'electricity' or the basic guitar (even the 'lute' mod still uses default guitar music). Piano's 'might' work with classical tunes.....

Anyways - I thought I might share an issue I had, and how I resolved it. Yes, I already have the Sims Medieval but as players know, it's not the same 'game'. Using sims in a quest based/crafting rpg is okay, but The Sims 3 does 'the Sims' better, and other games do questing/crafting better. Still it's an interesting game, just not sandbox enough for my purposes. That reminds me to download the sword fighting mod next.

Hi there, I have recently start again TS3. I  was looking for maps that will be provide a good balance between urban/countryside.

Here is my recent crush on 3 maps

Greymont Bay  Greymont Bay - The Sims 3 Catalog (thesimscatalog.com)

This is a big map, and she will ask A LOT to your system. Lots are looking good and are very detailed. And it's bring me to the bad side of this map : LOTS will stress your system and generate infamous routing issues (bush wall on the edge of lots, sims using furniture and geting stuck behind), there is also maybe too much community lots that are just here for immersion like post office or bank that are open to visit, and those will consume your ressources.

If you want to play on this one, be aware you have to do kind of IT administrative stuff, like made some corrections to lots and spend your first 2 IG weeks hunting down issues.

St. Claire St Claire - The Sims 3 Catalog (thesimscatalog.com)

This one is also big, but strangely pretty stable. Same as Greymont Bay, you have to corect some lots (mostly community lots, on this one residential are almost all bug free), and city buildings concentration tend to provoke stucking/routing issues for NPC mostly and time to time for regular Sims. 

This one have a great atmosphere (my crush is on the block with city apartments nearby the bridge).

Evansdale County Evansdale County... Custom Worlds : My Sim Realty

This one is to me the best custom maps I find so far. Not so big, well balanced, great diversity on lots and most important almost no issues. Most of the time nraas errors are false alarms. I was afraid at first by ports and boats housing but it is not Isla Paradisio and it work well.

Honestly, I don't have too much negative things to say about this one, I play on it and if you have a PC that can't do ESA calculation type, this one is a must have.

On 2/12/2021 at 10:08 PM, landess said:

they needed a baby sitter when home alone

Might work... make one protective witch or wizard to live with them and give them the job of homemaker, so they do not have to leave the house... although, if there is a school, it will make the children hobbits go. ) Or... just slider the poop out of YA - E sims to shrink them to hobbit size??? Woohooing with regular sims would look odd, but did you ever see a hobbit woohoo anyway? ?

3 hours ago, JarethJerdanis said:

Evansdale County Evansdale County... Custom Worlds : My Sim Realty

This one is to me the best custom maps I find so far. Not so big, well balanced, great diversity on lots and most important almost no issues. Most of the time nraas errors are false alarms. I was afraid at first by ports and boats housing but it is not Isla Paradisio and it work well.

Honestly, I don't have too much negative things to say about this one, I play on it and if you have a PC that can't do ESA calculation type, this one is a must have.

Depending on which version of Evansdale you have remove the gates that are inside the buildings around the bars clears up a lot of routing errors also the Resorts the resort rabbithole in the basement was a bad idea as sims can get down into the basement but can't get out it seems that the resort rabbithole glitches the stairs. You also have to check the Showtime venues there was a time the creator forgot the Proprietor marker and that causes the Proprietors to error out as they don't know were to stand.

You can find that marker here https://modthesims.info/showpost.php?p=3390100&postcount=3

You need to turn on buydebug to see if the venue has the marker or not. There were a couple of Showtime venues in Evansdale that need the marker but I forgot which ones

On 1/21/2021 at 6:16 AM, landess said:

I noticed MC was giving me selector errors about another sim NOT in that household. The errors kept repeating each time I chose a different household sim. I was able to locate this Sim (Auntie 'something') and reset her lot. Didn't fix anything but since she was a solo sim I took a chance and went to edit town, and evicted her to the clipboard. Returned to the game - bye bye Auntie - and now all the town Icons worked, but the household sims were still not properly selectable. I then was able to choose NRaas on the town hall from the map though, and went to the 'Selector'

I think that is Auntie Lynds' self-sim that one was corrupted I remember having problems when I first tried that world.

KW uses custom OnPick() functions similar to MODoor and will conflict with Selector 

https://web.archive.org/web/20180107210509/http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Selector+Phase+Six

9 hours ago, JarethJerdanis said:

Greymont Bay

I was in PM's with jdw6 about this world. He has been spending many hours 'cleaning it up', as there are many things which really force a players system to work much harder than 'needed'. The 'submerged' trees was a good one as the forests are overkill as an example.

7 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

wizard to live with them

Some of the Hobbitholes in that world were so small, only ONE sim could live there and I forget which right now, but one of those important things like a bed,toilet, or something to allow eating was missing and no room for it. It was just a wild hair idea to use what seemed an intensely unique world - but once loaded, felt more like an unfinished amusement park - still - credit due for the amount of imagination used to squeeze 'Middle Earth' into an EA map.

I'm sure you understand when I say - It seems that world was made by someone with more imagination than practical knowledge of having to use said world.

5 hours ago, spaceman1 said:

the marker

The first time I saw these (by accident) I had no idea what they were. Now that I know, they 'kinda creep me out' like alien devices EVERYWHERE in another dimension :) 

I think that is Auntie Lynds' self-sim that one was corrupted

You are so right! And thanks for the name reference. I couldn't remember it once I decided to make this post as fixing the issue was satisfying and being able to proceed with game play.

1 hour ago, landess said:

It was just a wild hair idea

Well, some times, those can be the best ones. ) As I don't have that world, I don't know the issues it has or how much trouble to go through and fix things... IF they can be fixed. I guess Fructose Baggins and his new bride won't be moving to the Shire...

Screenshot-244.jpg.7a57f1d992de895ecf9de508455a7f67.jpg

2 hours ago, landess said:

The first time I saw these (by accident) I had no idea what they were. Now that I know, they 'kinda creep me out' like alien devices EVERYWHERE in another dimension :) 

I remember when I had first seen them I was in buydebug. There are a couple of houses in the Library that come with the Base Game they have a couple of harmless markers that you can only see with buydebug on and are safe to delete I made the mistake of thinking that the Proprietor's marker was just like those and deleted them. So 30 minutes later I start getting ErrorTrap and OverWatch spazing out with stuck sim notices and every single notice was about the Proprietors so I turned OW's Stuck Check Auto Reset off and once I got more notices I would check and see what the problem was. For about an hour I was scratching my head cause I couldn't understand why I was getting those notices since the Proprietors didn't look stuck and then it dawned on me, so I did a quick search and found out what those markers where for oops. :lol:

6 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

Fructose Baggins

Allow me to say that is a really good hobbit and it even looks like he was made from an adult and not a teen. I don't recommend worlds be installed without really wanting them - as I know using a Sims3Pack is the 'only' way to make sure the files get to the proper folders when installing worlds or lots. We both know how difficult uninstalling a Sims3Pack can be.

I bit the bullet and just pulled the Middle Earth CC folder out of the packages folder, and deleted the world in the 'world' file folder - obviously not the best way as there are likely child files left in places with nothing referencing them (dead weight). Yet the game runs fine and I'm not getting errors or anything else which appears be detrimental to game play.

spazing out with stuck sim notices

I had an issue like this once and it was maddening. The notification tab was just out of control as I'd have 2-300 messages which just kept growing so fast I was worried the game would crash before I could get a handle on it. I just wanted to reset this 'Sim' manually - thought maybe it was stuck behind a wall or something like that (underground/whatever), but whenever I tried to locate the NPC via Master Controller/Console - it didn't exist - while the error messages continued to grow. I ended up resetting the entire world, and that seemed to fix what was causing that particular issue.

Because I could never find that Sim, I had no idea who or what it was and what it needed to do. I tend to leave the stuck check on, while having the stuck check reset off - I want to know if there IS a problem so I might be able to make adjustments. Once I simply had to add a door to an interior wall on the ground floor of a high rise so a sim could 'escape' when it spawned there - which was always.

2 hours ago, landess said:

Because I could never find that Sim, I had no idea who or what it was and what it needed to do. I tend to leave the stuck check on, while having the stuck check reset off - I want to know if there IS a problem so I might be able to make adjustments. Once I simply had to add a door to an interior wall on the ground floor of a high rise so a sim could 'escape' when it spawned there - which was always.

I've had that happen with the Bridgeport high rises and always with Nraas Register installed. For some ungodly reason when Register assigns a sim to fill a Role Position the game spawns the sim in those hidden rooms in high rise lobbies. I learned that as long as I didn't let Register Auto Assign and I do it manually when high rises are in the world I don't have sims spawn in those hidden rooms I also have the game paused when I do the manual assigning to make sure the game doesn't spawn them in those hidden rooms. Otherwise I edit those high rise buildings before I start playing, although it's kinda of tricky editing those and you have to really know what your doing.

5 hours ago, landess said:

adult and not a teen

Because it is an adult. Double sliders and double range. I have sliders that shorten torso, arms, legs. Then Cmar's that makes the whole sim shorter. Sliders that make the sim less wide and less deep, head size... and of course, no foot slider, which for a hobbit works out well. ))) And the max range is set to -512/ +512 using MC. I did it with his clothes on as he was just a quickie, but I enlarged his manhood by quite a bit! He may be a tripod sim?

4 hours ago, spaceman1 said:

I edit those high rise buildings before I start playing, although it's kinda of tricky editing those and you have to really know what your doing.

I've only had it happen once - I feel like I'm becoming a broken record but it's true, I've had a couple things happen, but only once.

Anyways it was a paparazzi sim I had customized. As far as editing a high rise - I had one family living in a 2 bedroom with 2 other rooms on the same floor. One of these rooms was considerable size, so I placed a wall in it so the hall door had access to a small section - placed the hidden room marker in that area. Then I placed a door from my apartment to that new room - added 3 parking spaces and a couple lights and kept my cars and motorcycle there. I was using the Dailycard Harley which has kinky animations made for it - but for whatever reason (I mentioned it in a post but Dailycard never responded to it) My sims do The T-Pose when riding it and I DO have the Latenight EP (All EP's). At 50K Simoleans - it's an expensive piece of Woohoo Furniture.....

As far as tricky, I'd say one just needs to use a few console commands, and understand the use of the hidden room markers. How EA dictates using these spaces is beyond my factual knowledge. I don't remember currently but maybe there were 2 markers in this area - a hidden room marker, and a NPC spawn marker?

I have seen examples in a custom world where there were these 'markers' just inside the outer doors leading to the lobby of a high rise. The 'interior' door was actually an Arch, to create a small room area at the entry, but not requiring a sim to use 2 door opening queue/animations.

|      |              ____|

\      :             |      |          Pardon the crude representation. ASCII art isn't my forte'

/      :             |____|

|____|_____________|    

14 minutes ago, landess said:

a hidden room marker, and a NPC spawn marker

Public room marker which is the easiest one to use. The hidden room markers are a pain in ass to work with. When I did take the time to edit those high rises in Bridgeport I removed the public and hidden room markers and knocked out the walls on the lobby floor, decorated the now expanded space and replaced the public room marker.

47 minutes ago, landess said:

I was using the Dailycard Harley which has kinky animations made for it - but for whatever reason (I mentioned it in a post but Dailycard never responded to it) My sims do The T-Pose when riding it and I DO have the Latenight EP (All EP's). At 50K Simoleans - it's an expensive piece of Woohoo Furniture....

Yeah he has the wrong requirements listed it should've been Fast Lane not Late Night as LN never had a motorcycle come with it. Only Ambitions, Fast Lane and the Movie Stuff had a motorcycle.

*Edit*

After taking another it seems he finally did put Fast Lane as the requirement.

Adding a link to a post from someone whom knows Sims 3 worlds better than most.

Any questions or replies to this link should be made here - to avoid spamming the MaryJane Animations post with off topic stuff. (Use the multi-quote feature at the bottom - then post it here)

19 hours ago, landess said:

Adding a link to a post from someone whom knows Sims 3 worlds better than most.

Just to add to that My Sim Reality does have some very good worlds. The creator doesn't use CC or Store Items when building the worlds but there are lots you download separately that do have Store Items. http://www.mysimrealty.com/Sims3_Worlds.html

But there are a few issues but not many. 

If you notice odd routing behavior on a lot or for some reason sims give the Route Failure thought bubble and foot stomping when trying to route to or enter the lot. Copy the lot to the library bulldoze and replace. In fact it's not a bad idea to that with all the lots in Edit Town before you even start playing in the world. Cause sometimes the lots don't get instantiated properly by the game this can also happen with the games own worlds. But don't do this with Graveyards as the game will purge the ghosts and dead sims if it has any.

Check for the Proprietor's marker for the Showtime lots as it could be missing you can find it here https://modthesims.info/showpost.php?p=3390100&postcount=3

If you get a lot of stuck sim notices from Nraas OverWatch (which is recommended to have) start checking the bars. night clubs and Uni Hangouts as there are gates on the inside of the building keeping the sim from getting to their Role Assignment.

And Resorts have the resort rabbithole in the basement remove those as sims won't be able to get out of the basement they can get in but they can't leave. The resort rabbithole glitches the stairs.

That's pretty much all I know of.

And one last thing if you use CAW and Super CAW. Beware of a couple of tools that can be accessed by Super CAW the Vertex tool and the Pond tool these were locked away for a very good reason in fact after using the Pond tool in Twinbrook and the Vertex tool in Bridgeport that was the last time these tools were used they are dangerous, buggy and can really screw up everything.

For reasons beyond my paygrade I'll add that sometimes the lights in the homes in some downloaded worlds don't seem to work. I remember 'cloning' every light in Build/Buy a few times until I found out the light 'color' is either missing or set to black (not blacklight).

Changing a single light on the lot to white and apply to all lights on that lot will solve this 99.9% of the time - crazy shit!

• 1 month later...

Just caught this recent video. Explains a lot and verifies some of my fears. I have no faith the Sims 5 will do more than take our cash (and personal information as an online only title). EA is all about shareholder profits, and we, the customers are just lambs being led to financial slaughter.

If one ever had a desire to keep playing the Sims 3 - I recommend getting all the Disks you can while they can still be found. I said EA hates the Sims 3 because it exposes the Sims 4 - and the video seems to agree.

He has almost said everything, Nifty knitting stayed in the corner but ... it's not important. I feel as if this game could be a massive weapon to make people become mentally ill, starting innocently with the children. I felt out of many places so many times thinking that I play with The Sims instead of doing like everyone else like watching tv or worrying until they feel being obligated to consult and take pills..

Here I go when I say this: first the choice of a "non-opened" (closed) world means to me an autistic direction.. and to resume badly (I don't want to go on forever on this) because I'm absolutely disgusted of what they do with people who still want to play, for example: what the hell is going on with hugging a pile of rotten dust??? (I know I use kinky mods, even Passion so what? I'm an advertised person and an adult and this is my choice to werther or not add additional personalised content that has nothing to do with the game we are officialy buying ) To go deeper, everytime people play well (when they succeed and that is a fact that it becomes more and more impossible to play correctly that game) there is a new patch that is coming and that makes the game or old saves impossible to play... 

The more I analyze the situation, the more I'm grateful for my intuition.. If my kids want to play with that game I've spent more than 500 euros in, they will be with someone (me) who can warn them of the stupidity of many of the elements in it and wich certainly have not been set (patched) there and there in this way for innocent and simplistic reasons as money... 

"Happy patch day" ;) hahahaha

https://media.giphy.com/media/10hO3rDNqqg2Xe/giphy.mp4

My last edit, just because of this "subliminal" weird, and insane thing that has been set just there like, "innocently" (again) , at the foot of their so-called "new bunkbed" wich is not as functionnal as those of the TS3 ... Come on EA it is so barely veiled, that it's not subliminal anymore! Did I play with words here if I say that I read this into my mind? ==> "Crude childhood experience humor or enhance sexual themes violence ESRB"===!

This is violent I'm currently not sure this is legal to suggest this kind of things... there are sciences to prove that! 

Crude childhood experience humor or enhance secual themes violence ESRB.jpg

5 hours ago, landess said:

I said EA hates the Sims 3 because it exposes the Sims 4 - and the video seems to agree.

It is the story of the girl that peaked in high school, and has tried to tell others how great her life is now, but knows it is not! And the future does not look good!!! (((

I honestly think EA would make a small (possibly LARGE) fortune if they re-released every TS3 on 64 bit DISK! Everyone who now has TS3 and suffers through 32 bit glitches would gobble up TS3 on 64 bit DISK... But, the reason why they won't was stated at 27:30.

• 1 month later...

After figuring out why my CC world Praaven had blood for water (lava) and fixing that, I hadn't spent much time with it. I 'had' originally planned on trying to make a sort of Game of Thrones save series, but given how that turned out (the show), maybe it's best to leave that corpse in the ground.

Spoiler

f9472ac06f222a48f5bd029e9e4724e5.png&f=1875e56d6b81bf7a133c64eff62a48b20.jpg&f=1th?id=OIP.1SBSsSJZBfsnMLipi2andAHaEK%26p081da2691b46bf4984b344bd06d17d38d05d9d98the-sims-3-praaven-06.jpg&f=1&nofb=1Screenshot-252.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

I've also put it off because it's unpopulated. I like to spend time on my sims, not only in looks, but usually working out their 'place' in a world and making their traits, skills, and job mean something in the bigger picture. Having gone back and played older saves, downloading new CC (somebody please stop me) and making changes, I feel maybe it's time to get back to work on this beautiful and unique world. I had fun thematically with Rome/Greece, and recently Pirates/Colonial.

I want to be able to play more of my Supernatural Sims, but in an environment that suits it. Bingo! Praaven came to mind. I just don't enjoy the Moonlight Falls world that much. Plus with the amount of CC I recently acquired for the Pirates Theme, I'm thinking a 'Medieval Theme' shouldn't be too difficult to pull off. Easy enough to subdue colors and textures on the more extravagant outfits. One thing, it's easier when I don't have to consider each outfit for everyone - peasants won't have special formal wear - most times the underwear works for swimwear, etc. I'm getting better at using NRaas to clone outfits, so everyone in the same profession - military for example - will wear the same thing. Others will just wear the everyday for career. That sure helps speed setting up a world population.

With a huge world like this it'll be easy to have areas on the fringes which would house the various Supernatural Sims and by NOT having the usual 'hotspots' and other places the game pushes Sims to, I hope it feels more natural. A Werewolf clan, A few Fairies near a fishing hole, and an Ancient Vampire Coven sound good in this environment. A Witch here and there, employed as Fortune Tellers. . . .    I can try to make serious use of horses as well - Sims do seem to ride them autonomously in my experience. Just need to keep them from bottlenecking areas as they are SLOW to move, turnaround, and back-up. The tweaks I made to Sims 'footprints' should help. One can find those in the link I provided about making the Sims run better.

With all the EP's loaded it's easy to give jobs like gardener, fisherman, etc. which keeps traffic down and since inactives don't need money like a played household - it's never been a problem in the past. Military and police being the armor wearing type, and criminals - quite an old profession. Speaking of the oldest profession, KW will help me there. Looks like I have another couple of weeks planned out setting it up. Anything to keep me from 'shopping for CC'.

I really like PlantSims, but it's hard to find a place where they don't feel out of it. Maybe this is an answer - they don't need homes just some water and sun. May be a good place for a bunch of children with an old caretaker - children of the forest?