Batman: Arkham City

The reviews for the game are out and... wow, everyone is loving this game!

IGN gave it a 9.5

XPlay gave it a 5/5 and deemed it as one of the best games ever made. They had nothing bad to say about it.

Those are the reviews I've seen, I was actually considering skipping this title, but from what the reviews say, this game is definitely going on my wish list.

I got a coupon for the pc version when I bought my new video card so when it comes out (mid/late) next month on the pc I will post my thoughts on how it plays/looks.

For the PC! That's awesome!

For some people who haven't known the latest news regarding the Batman Arkham City for the PC' date=' this [u']

[/u] may show why purchasing the PC version might be worth the wait.

Funny how the card that they are showing off is the 560 which is what I bought.....

....and the other odd thing....I did upgrade from a 8800....

...coincidence.........I think NOT!!!!!

:) I am excited about this sucker!!!!

Very nice, HanPL, very nice!!!

Now, the real question is if Skyrim comes out on the 11th and Arkham City on the 19th, will you be able to tear yourself away from Skyrim to play it????

I may have to just retire early and play games 24/7......

Course I will have to win the lottery in order to do that, but hey.....it could happen! :)

I wonder why this game is so high rated by some. I played first one and turned it of after 5 min...

I guess some people have different tastes than you do.

Well for me Batman AA was just perfect.

Great Graphics with low requirements, good story, most of the villains from Batman Universe.

and those collectables (well maybe the one from Riddle where not so cool but in Arkham city they look more like the one from "Saw " :D ) but "patient " interviews and amadeus arkham was made really well.

Also fighting system and batman gadgets where pretty nice (detective vision was kinda "overpowered " but they fixed that in Arkham City..

Damm ! I already want to play Arkham City :P:D

Guest flingingfeces

Picked it up from Walmart last night about 2 in the morning lol Got Arkham Asylum with it for free too. Sweet! Anyway I've been playing it most of today and it's awesome! They've added a ton of new moves to the fight engine like dodging knives and double punches when you get two enemies coming at you at once. There's also double takedowns which are my personal favorite and a whole bunch more.

My favorite thing so far has been playing as Catwomen. She's really fast and I love how she fights with her whip. She also traverses the city with it too and it's very fluid. I'd say even more so than batman. I haven't really fought anything besides some mini boss type characters, but I've seen and heard characters like Two Face, Penguin, Joker and Harley which also do incredible voice work of course. The thugs do a great job in that department as well. If you're stuck in the city wondering where to go or what to do like I've been a couple of times you can listen to them to get clues about where a hideout is and such.

Great stuff so far.

Just a word of caution for everyone... I had just finished the game with a maxed out Batman/Catwoman and I was left free to roam the city and clear up any remaining side quests I passed on before I beat the game. All was going well until I decided to take on a group of 20 thugs when I had little health. Wam, Bang, Boom, I end up getting my butt handed to me and I decided to call it a night. I turned off the console and went to sleep...

Come back the next day and load up the game and find that my save file is gone. Not hidden, not corrupted, just gone. Turns out that the game auto saves after nearly every act you take, even dying. So when I died and turned off the game, the game was in the middle of a hidden auto save and *poof* my game save was erased. No more riddler trophies, no more new game+, no more unlocked challenge maps, all gone.

Just a fair word of warning for everyone. Now as for me, I'm off to trade this game in and add the value to my Skyrim pre-order.

Just a word of caution for everyone... I had just finished the game with a maxed out Batman/Catwoman and I was left free to roam the city and clear up any remaining side quests I passed on before I beat the game. All was going well until I decided to take on a group of 20 thugs when I had little health. Wam' date=' Bang, Boom, I end up getting my butt handed to me and I decided to call it a night. I turned off the console and went to sleep...

Come back the next day and load up the game and find that my save file is gone. Not hidden, not corrupted, just gone. Turns out that the game auto saves after nearly every act you take, even dying. So when I died and turned off the game, the game was in the middle of a hidden auto save and *poof* my game save was erased. No more riddler trophies, no more new game+, no more unlocked challenge maps, all gone.

Just a fair word of warning for everyone. Now as for me, I'm off to trade this game in and add the value to my Skyrim pre-order.

[/quote']

sry to read that. i pefectly know how it feels. happend to me with dark souls.

Just a word of caution for everyone... I had just finished the game with a maxed out Batman/Catwoman and I was left free to roam the city and clear up any remaining side quests I passed on before I beat the game. All was going well until I decided to take on a group of 20 thugs when I had little health. Wam' date=' Bang, Boom, I end up getting my butt handed to me and I decided to call it a night. I turned off the console and went to sleep...

[/quote']

Damn dude, that must be terrible. Thank you for the advice, I just wish it hadn't been at the cost of your hard work. :-/

But hey, you still have the achievements/trophies!

• 2 weeks later...

Well slight pushback on the Batman PC release....from the 15th to the 22nd. Hopefully that will be the last delay.

Not a terrible blow as it leaves me with time to play skyrim and saints 3!!!!

Maybe we can mod the PC batman to incorporate the dildo bat from saints!!!! :) The joker won't see that one coming!!!!! :)