Batman: Arkham City

I shelled out the money for pre-ordering Skyrim and likely would have paid even more (cringing and hoping they didn't hear that). I haven't yet regretted a purchase from them. Sure I was a little hot under the collar about broken save games and such but I have gotten every single penny's worth out of what I have spent for each of the games they have made.

SR 3 coop? Arkham City' date=' WIN! Skyrim pre-order is fcking over price

[/quote']

If you're talking about the collector's edition then yes, it is overpriced. If I really want that stuff I'll just wait for some time and buy it off of ebay for 50 bucks.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest flingingfeces

I wonder why this game is so high rated by some. I played first one and turned it of after 5 min...

Because people gave it more than 5 min...

That's some sexy box art there Han

Well it seems for now Batman on DX11 is not playable and not only I have the problem.

Firstly let me start by saying this game has to be the best looking game in 3d hands down!!

I'm running SLI 580s, 980x @ 4.5ghz. I can get a solid 60fps with all settings max, 3d on, 16aa, and physx on high. However when I use DX11 features and tessalation the performance is horrific. Even if I turn off the AA and physx, performance is terrible. Frames jump from 30 to 60 back down to 5, stutters quite heavily. I'm certain it's a driver issue or the game needs a patch desperately.

Andrew are reproducing the same results? Or can you confirm if there will be a driver on launch.

And yes I managed to get a copy early.

A must buy for all, trust me! 

I have same thing game runs ok on dx11 with all max settings 50~60 fps suddenly 11 or terrible lags ;/

Well, I have now played about 30 minutes and CTD 5 times. This is on DX10 (stayed away from DX11 due to all the frame rate issues).

One thing that pisses me off immediately is the damn console crap about not being able to save. WTF is that all about??

Yes the game looks fantastic and is extremely cool (always found batman the best of the superhero's personally) but crashing often and being unable to save....Total BS!!! I have had to restart at the same damn checkpoint 4 times now. Am seriously considering shelving this thing if I can't get past this next checkpoint.

I have a damn nice rig with all the bells and whistles (updated drivers too) so I don't think the problem is on my end. Anyone else having crashes?

Expect that damm DX11 issue (but they will probably fix that ) everything seems to work fine. So far no crashes here, but yea lack of savegame point is damm annoying.

I think for now I will put batman away and play Saints row 3 and Skyrim...

Guest flingingfeces

So maybe you guys can help me with this. I bought the retail version today and even with the dx11 stuffed turned off and even on low settings I'm getting pretty bad stutters throughout. I've tried every setting and it's weird cuz the first game runs like a boss on my pc no probs. Any tricks you guys know of that I might try to get that silky smoothness? Btw my specs are

1g 550 ti

E6600 quad @ 2.4

4g of ram

Edit

Lowered the shadow res in the ini file and it helped a lot.

• 3 weeks later...

Picked it up from Wal-Mart last night around 2 in the morning LOL receive free Arkham Asylum. Great! In any case, I have been playing the most, it's awesome! They added a ton of dodging knives and fists as the engine of the new initiatives of the struggle, when you two enemies in your future one. And this is my personal favorite and a lot more double the shelf.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

^ What are you system specs? I'm just curious since I'm getting a new comp and I'll be playing this game on the new computer myself.

^ What are you system specs? I'm just curious since I'm getting a new comp and I'll be playing this game on the new computer myself.

An AMD 955BE paired with 560Ti x2 in sli, 1gb each.

People who have 3Gb vram say they can get it smooth, yet there are some who say they can't, best to check out some benchies before you grab something, but my processor is a massive bottleneck in this game, so I'd suggest something in i7 to you.