Sims in Funny Costume

Haven't played the Sims for like... ever, but.. if memory serves, that can happen when the game can't find a texture file it's looking for.

I'm guessing you installed some custom outfits/mods recently?

Sounds like some of them may not be installed correctly...

My best guess anyways.

If you can locate and remove just those items, obviously switching those Sims to use different outfits that DO work first, then you could try double-checking install instructions and reinstalling them correctly.

Otherwise, you may need to remove/reinstall the whole game if you can't figure a better way to find out what's causing the problem.  Probably worth waiting for that drastic a step until someone else (with more recent experience) wanders in and may be better help.  As I said.. heh.  I played Sims 1 and 2 quite a lot.  Played 3 for a while, but haven't played ANY Sims games since that was like.. a year old, so it's been a long time.  xD