10 hours ago, Ralph.B said:

It makes no difference if I choose to use the nearest hanging-rope or to hang him spot with a selfequipped gallows.

There are 2 scenarios:

- if you are not presented with the option to place gallow / use noose, then it's a problem with a global variable getting stuck - it's a "messenger" variable that I am using to communicate between scripts, and it's a mechanism I want to replace anyway with something more reliable (basically, sometimes the spell falsely "believes" it's executing an autohang instead of a regular hanging, and automates the process)

- if you are presented with the option menu and still the placed noose is not getting used... that's something I cannot explain or reproduce. Can you please click the rope in console and post the base object form for the rope you are trying to use? It should look something like this - if you don't get this info, please install this very useful mod, I don't know how the vanilla console looks like without it. The only thing coming to mind right now is that the spell places a temporary rope (which won't get recognized), asks if you want to keep it, and if you keep it it deletes the temp and places a "real" rope, but the temp rope is in place only for 3 seconds to give the user time to have a look at the placement, I don't think you had the time to shoot the rope then the victim before you got presented with the option to keep/remove the noose (and if you did, then yes, it wouldn't recognize it)

image.thumb.png.57d79ebdd391f8e27ae33f34e983ea21.png

4 hours ago, SAC said:

There are 2 scenarios:

- if you are not presented with the option to place gallow / use noose, then it's a problem with a global variable getting stuck - it's a "messenger" variable that I am using to communicate between scripts, and it's a mechanism I want to replace anyway with something more reliable (basically, sometimes the spell falsely "believes" it's executing an autohang instead of a regular hanging, and automates the process)

I think that's the problem. I can spawn the rope with the spell, but no dialog about placement or the option to delete it appears. And when I try to hang someone on this rope the NPC ignores my order and developes his own gallows instead.

I just have the default console. Here it shows only the Referenz ID of an object when I click on it. But you spoke about that and the additional tool just according to the second scenario. So I haven't installed it so far. And to be eager, I personally don't need it for my really small modding knowledge and for what I do for myself.

1 hour ago, Ralph.B said:

I can spawn the rope with the spell, but no dialog about placement or the option to delete it appears.

v1.6.0repack

Added a script I've forgotten to package, please replace 1.6.0 with this one. Clean save is not needed IF you have already installed 1.6.0 on a clean save.

If installing over an older version, the requirement to install on a clean save remains valid, this is just an archive with a forgotten script added.

Initial 1.6.0 was removed in order to avoid confusion.

Apologies for the mistake.

15 hours ago, SAC said:

v1.6.0repack

Added a script I've forgotten to package, please replace 1.6.0 with this one. Clean save is not needed IF you have already installed 1.6.0 on a clean save.

If installing over an older version, the requirement to install on a clean save remains valid, this is just an archive with a forgotten script added.

Initial 1.6.0 was removed in order to avoid confusion.

Apologies for the mistake.

The hanging with the spawned rope works now like a charme.

But I discovered annother issue that should not be possible according to your discription. Hanged NPCs don't stay at the gallows when travelling and coming back. Tried the following: hanged a standart NPC (not related to any quest, no follower) at Solittude arround the corner of Proudspire Manor.  When I left the cell just entering Proudspire Manor and came back to the place of execution, all was fine (exept the tied hands on back looked somehow dissorted).  But when leaving Solitude completely and then returning to the hanged NPC, he lies on the ground under the gallows. And yes, this time he is actually dead and not a zombie, that follows you unnoticed. Tried the same with a AFT-follower with the same result.

One thing, but maybe related to a faulty install or a mistake in my game. Yesterdays after installed your latest mod for the first time, I got an infinite Loadingscreen when trying to load a savegame after having placed the rope somewhere. Got a black screen with the music playing in the background. It could only be ended by Alt-Strg-Del and reboot or at least changing the user. Even the taskmanger didn't work, as every time I tried to click the button to open it, it switched just back to the black screen. After that I uninstalled "JustHang" cause I wanted to play my normal game without messing up my regular savegames with this still unfinished mod. Today I reinstalled it to do some more coordinated tests and new savegames worked flawless. As said, maybe a one shot mistake - but just wanted to mention it just in case.

3 hours ago, Ralph.B said:

But I discovered annother issue that should not be possible according to your discription. Hanged NPCs don't stay at the gallows when travelling and coming back. Tried the following: hanged a standart NPC (not related to any quest, no follower) at Solittude arround the corner of Proudspire Manor.  When I left the cell just entering Proudspire Manor and came back to the place of execution, all was fine .  But when leaving Solitude completely and then returning to the hanged NPC, he lies on the ground under the gallows. And yes, this time he is actually dead and not a zombie, that follows you unnoticed. Tried the same with a AFT-follower with the same result.

There are some NPCs for which 1.6.0 cannot ensure persistence; they are not necessarily quest givers or followers, rather they are introduced by mods such as Populated Skyrim. I can't understand the cause, but the point is none of the SKSE or Papyrus Extender can "detect" their presence in the cell. No idea why.

I am developing another mechanism to keep track of them, it's work in progress but will rely on a potentially "dangerous" method which might impact overall performance going forward. We'll see.

But, until then:

1. Do you have Papyrus Extended installed? It is mandatory since 1.6.0 and persistence will not work at all without it

2. When shooting the NPC, did you get this message? If you did, and proceeded anyway, it's self explanatory, 1.6.0 is unable to ensure persistence for that particular NPC

image.png.a3592d076ba0c71435ca14726f9f0ec7.png

If you did not get that warning message, and it still does not persist, then it's something new to me, and debugging it will require some effort from your side too. For example, I would need the base form for the NPC and the mod it comes from, which is the information I've asked about for the rope. Means installing some plugins / do some tests / send me some papyrus logs so I can replicate.

(exept the tied hands on back looked somehow dissorted)

That's a havok issue I haven't found a solution for yet.

One thing, but maybe related to a faulty install or a mistake in my game. Yesterdays after installed your latest mod for the first time, I got an infinite Loadingscreen when trying to load a savegame after having placed the rope somewhere.

I get this too sometimes but I didn't think it (and I am still not sure that) is related to my mod. I just close the game and re-load. Instead of the task manager, you can try opening the console and typing qqq, it should exit the game instantly, more convenient than alt-tab or something else.

without messing up my regular savegames with this still unfinished mod. 

This is a very good idea and good practice

1 hour ago, SAC said:

There are some NPCs for which 1.6.0 cannot ensure persistence; they are not necessarily quest givers or followers, rather they are introduced by mods such as Populated Skyrim. I can't understand the cause, but the point is none of the SKSE or Papyrus Extender can "detect" their presence in the cell. No idea why.

I am developing another mechanism to keep track of them, it's work in progress but will rely on a potentially "dangerous" method which might impact overall performance going forward. We'll see.

But, until then:

1. Do you have Papyrus Extended installed? It is mandatory since 1.6.0 and persistence will not work at all without it

2. When shooting the NPC, did you get this message? If you did, and proceeded anyway, it's self explanatory, 1.6.0 is unable to ensure persistence for that particular NPC

image.png.a3592d076ba0c71435ca14726f9f0ec7.png

If you did not get that warning message, and it still does not persist, then it's something new to me, and debugging it will require some effort from your side too. For example, I would need the base form for the NPC and the mod it comes from, which is the information I've asked about for the rope. Means installing some plugins / do some tests / send me some papyrus logs so I can replicate.

That's a havok issue I haven't found a solution for yet.

I get this too sometimes but I didn't think it (and I am still not sure that) is related to my mod. I just close the game and re-load. Instead of the task manager, you can try opening the console and typing qqq, it should exit the game instantly, more convenient than alt-tab or something else.

This is a very good idea and good practice

The Papyrus Extender is already in my game (didn't even Pamatronics "Interactive Gallows" or "Deadly furniture" need it?).

No warning appeared when shooting the NPC. I'm pretty shure it was a NPC already present in the unmodded game. But I'll check this a second time and maybe try out some other NPCs in different locations.

The follower I was speaking about was added by a mod indeed ( https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/27303 ). Maybe I should execute Lydia, too.

I'm using the mod "The Ordinary Women", which alters the appearance of the vast majority of female NPCs. I'm not shure if the NPC I used was altered by this mod too. But I think this shouldn't cause problems, as it's just an optical overhaul and should not alter any stats. Additionally have installed an older version of Bijin wifes, that only changes about 10 essntial NPC like Isolda, Charlotta Valentina, Grelka, Taarie and a few others - but shurely not the NPC I used for testing. Last not least some indivdual mods for my female huscarls (Lydia, Jordis the sword maiden, and Rayya). Again something that shouldn't have any influence. And to be eager, even I'm willling to help as much as I can, I don't want to mess around with this mods anymore. It costed me lots of efforts to find out the right load order and to fix several incompatibility issues to get rid of black faces. I don't feel like going through that again. Even I have countless script-heavy mods installed my game runs stable and smooth.

What's a bit strange is the fact, that the NPC still hangs in the right place when just changing to a nearby interiour cell like Proudspire Manor, but falls down after leaving the city. Changing cell is changing cell I thought.

However, I have installed this enhanced console thing that you mentioned in some postings above. Will report back after testing a bit more.

59 minutes ago, Ralph.B said:

However, I have installed this enhanced console thing that you mentioned in some postings above. Will report back after testing a bit more.

If you have enhanced console, pls click on the NPC who won't stay hanged and let me know what appears in the right corner of the console, similar to this:

image.png.7aa89ca01136bb10a36bcbbffc5048e6.png

On 1/6/2021 at 2:31 PM, SAC said:

If you have enhanced console, pls click on the NPC who won't stay hanged and let me know what appears in the right corner of the console, similar to this:

image.png.7aa89ca01136bb10a36bcbbffc5048e6.png

Sorry for some delay. My hollidays are over and I'm back at work. Will care about it at the comming weekend.

2 hours ago, Ralph.B said:

Sorry for some delay. My hollidays are over and I'm back at work. Will care about it at the comming weekend.

Don’t worry about it. I’ll release a new version over the weekend which handles any NPC. I’m still working over some details but persistence will be solved. 

18 hours ago, blacky777 said:

Any way to cast it on the player character post death? Could implement some kind of death alternative event with it!

Yeah, it should be easy to implement. I am preparing to release the next version today, so it won't be in this one, but I will put it on the list for the subsequent release

LE: if it works out as easily as I imagine it, I will include this feature in the today's version

On 1/9/2021 at 3:52 PM, blacky777 said:

Any way to cast it on the player character post death? Could implement some kind of death alternative event with it!

I've tried a basic implementation and it does not work, I'll look more into this for the next version. The setting in 1.7.0 is just a placeholder, the functionality does not work yet.

On 1/9/2021 at 3:52 PM, blacky777 said:

Managed an approximate implementation, I am uploading it here as a patch. Install main 1.7.0, then install this patch, this patch does not work standalone. If you have already installed 1.7.0, you will need to clean the save in order to use the patch.

"Approximate implementation" = it does not trigger on the actual event of the player's death, but on the player's health falling in the range 1 .. 20 health units.

Limitation = having the player's health above 20, then getting hit with a weapon / spell which deals more than 20 units of damage, will kill the player without triggering the hanging.

Do not blame me if you install this feature and your character gets hanged while still technically able to fight, you have been informed :) I am not actually playing the game anyway, if I ever choose to fight then I put the player in God mode.

This feature (hopefully polished) will be included in the next versions.

SAC Just Hang - hang player on lost combat patch for 1.7.0.zip

On 1/10/2021 at 5:08 PM, SAC said:

Managed an approximate implementation, I am uploading it here as a patch. Install main 1.7.0, then install this patch, this patch does not work standalone. If you have already installed 1.7.0, you will need to clean the save in order to use the patch.

"Approximate implementation" = it does not trigger on the actual event of the player's death, but on the player's health falling in the range 1 .. 20 health units.

Limitation = having the player's health above 20, then getting hit with a weapon / spell which deals more than 20 units of damage, will kill the player without triggering the hanging.

Do not blame me if you install this feature and your character gets hanged while still technically able to fight, you have been informed :) I am not actually playing the game anyway, if I ever choose to fight then I put the player in God mode.

This feature (hopefully polished) will be included in the next versions.

SAC Just Hang - hang player on lost combat patch for 1.7.0.zip 9.11 kB · 7 downloads

Works well, thanks! Last question ;is it possible to add the option to keep certain armor parts equipped? 

I never said in my original post, great mod btw!

2 hours ago, blacky777 said:

Works well, thanks! Last question ;is it possible to add the option to keep certain armor parts equipped? 

I never said in my original post, great mod btw!

I don't mind questions, please do ask :) 

Parametrizing individual variables for each of the equipment categories I unequip is easy to implement, but tedious. And MCM is very unfriendly to code (at least compared to FO4).

I prefer to focus on further developing, or even entirely redesigning core mechanics (for example I am not happy with the physics of the victims when returning to cells, and especially when loading the game, with the way they contort, so I am looking into an alternate mechanism for persistent victims), or on adding features and content (more gallows / ropes, an enchanted weapon, the hang the player on combat function etc)

And thank you, I am happy you like it. It's still unpolished but I am happy too with the way it's shaping up.

So, reporting from LE. I tried 1.7 version with papyrus extender on LE. I don't know what exactly Papyrus Extender do there, so I need some explanation how it works.  I got all spells at the start of the game. I can Hang Npc, hang Myself and create a rope or chain noose. MCM menu working too.
  Now the bad things.
     - Autohang function is not working. I set it to 100% in MCM and after a while the game crushed. I was close to NPC.

- The chain is kinda broken. Accessory ( mean rope neck, rope wrist and rope legs) load at the start but after the 'swing' they dissapear from the body. And After save and load or location change the dead bodies fall to the ground. With Rope noose still persist hanged.
     - Problem with Furnitures still persist. Actually there is more than one right ? I fixed the gallow, but I couldn't find others in Creation Kid. When I shot Npc or myself, there is little preperation for hang. I got Red exclamation mark under the target. As I said I don't know, where to find the furtnire or whatever it is ;D

That's all. I will wait for another version to try it out. Thanks for your work ^^ 

ScreenShot8.bmp ScreenShot7.bmp

11 hours ago, Coolhidan123 said:

- Autohang function is not working. I set it to 100% in MCM and after a while the game crushed. I was close to NPC.

It's strange not to work, if the regular hanging does, and I see no reason for the crash. Can you please turn on papyrus logging, go into a populated area, crank up the probability, wait a couple of minutes, exit the game and post the papyrus log? Papyrus logging cannot capture crashes, but should explain what is not working about the autohang

- The chain is kinda broken. Accessory ( mean rope neck, rope wrist and rope legs) load at the start but after the 'swing' they dissapear from the body. And After save and load or location change the dead bodies fall to the ground. With Rope noose still persist hanged.

Strange about the chain, pls try loading the game, hanging an actor with the chain, teleport away then return, then post a papyrus log for this sequence. I don't think it's an issue related to the chain, but another issue with victim detection / tracking which I hope I've solved (partially, it's still not bulletproof) in the upcoming version. I think the fact that rope worked while chain didn't is just a coincidence, not related to the chain.

Handcuff persistence - I know it's kind of random broken, I hope it's fixed in the upcoming version

- Problem with Furnitures still persist. Actually there is more than one right ? I fixed the gallow, but I couldn't find others in Creation Kid. When I shot Npc or myself, there is little preperation for hang. I got Red exclamation mark under the target. As I said I don't know, where to find the furtnire or whatever it is ;D

It's an invisible table but it shouldn't behave like that. 

The file is \meshes\sac\sac_invisible_commontablesquare01.nif and it's the vanilla common table stripped of the trishape block in nifskope, keeping just the vanilla collision. You can try the following options:

- rename the nif, see what happens (it could CTD due to not finding the nif when the script attempts to place it, or place that "!", I don't know)

- delete the record from the esp with SSEdit / xedit whatever (STAT:xx003327), that would make the script skip it without potential to crash

- get the vanilla mesh (commontablesquare01) from the skyrim LE ba2 and replace my nif, maybe try removing the trishape data block, or make it invisible through some other method, if you know how to

The actual benefit of temporarily placing that object while the victim animates is questionable anyway, but I haven't done much testing with and without it to see differences in behavior

That's all. I will wait for another version to try it out. Thanks for your work ^^ 

Thank you too for testing and letting me know the issues

I hope to get the next version out today, time allowing. Main focus is improvements on persistence - still not perfect, but should be more reliable.

Updating requires (!!) a clean save (which never had any version of the mod installed), or a save cleaned by following the process described in the mod description. Otherwise it will not work.

v1.8.0 uploaded - this version is primarily focused on rebuilding the persistence mechanics

- (fix / feature) entirely reworked persistence based on cloning and swiftly re-hanging the original victim, ensures proper body physics when loading the savegame / returning to cell 

• somewhat slower than re-attaching the original dead bodies, but eliminates rigid contorted bodies and wrong physics
  • equipment should persist correctly
  • if requested I can make the re-hanging visible, it's hidden for now (the actor becomes visible after cloning and re-hanging)
  • I wasn't able to suppress the death knell

- (fix / feature) the hanged body detection for persistence purposes has been rebuilt entirely on a quest reference alias array + reference alias script

• based on core game engine functionalities, much more reliable than any of the previous magic effect scripted cell scanning procedures
  • for the moment there is a hardcoded limit of 20 persistent hanged bodies per each cell (no limits between cells) - should be more than adequate, if needed I'll hardcode more aliases, game engine limit is 128
  • the formlist for tracking hanged victims is no longer needed and has been discontinued

- (feature) the player will be randomly auto-hanged when killed in combat, with an associated MCM probability setting (set to zero to disable)

• with the limitations described here, patch no longer required, still haven't found a way to do this on actual death vs arbitrary health threshold, will keep looking
  • hanging the player (suicide or combat) puts you in an infinite-duration free camera state to allow looking at the scene for as long as you want without triggering autoload, so a manual reload is needed after suicide or combat hanging; do not save the game in this state
  • the mod breaks the vanilla "throw shout"-something "feature" which enabled the PC to say some stupid "insult" like "hey skeever butt" with a robotic voice, if anyone's using it - I had no idea this thing even existed until I've started to clone the player and hear robo-insults, took me some searching to even figure out wtf was that about

- (fix) fixed an error in the unequip script, should now properly drop all weapons (e.g. bows)
- (usability) the spawned noose / chain will position the victim facing towards the player's position when spawning the noose (which is presumably the user's intention), as opposed to facing away 
- (cosmetic feature) removed the temporary red shader on the target of the effect 

Planned functionalities

• will try a json-based victim-noose tracking to enable importing existing hanged victims when updating the mod on a clean(ed) save, because it's somewhat ironic to build 3 versions of persistence only to have each new version wipe the slate clean
  • adding an enchanted weapon and probably an enchanted arrow (which would be an alternative to the spell)
  • fixing the combat hanging to work as intended (ondying instead of arbitrary health threshold), if able
  • more furnitures, e.g. there are longer versions of the rope and chain available, but they will only work on fixtures as the existing gallow is not tall enough
  • prevent "double hangings" (2+ bodies on the same noose)
  • refine the sway 

Version 1.8:

• fast bouncing is fixed
  • now the victim is bouncing slowly up and down
  • the rope or chain is not tautly - especially a folded chain look weird
  • a naked victim gets hanged with the clothes from his inventory
  • the victim is not struggling - looks pretty weird
  • the angle of a spawned gallows is different from the victim, hard to place the gallows correctly then
  • mouth is closed after death

Suggestions:

• Struggling phase with havok impulses so the body is swinging, ZAP contains a gallows struggling animation
  • When the victim is dead no more havok impulses shall move the body
  • ZAP contains pissing effects, looks more immersive if the victims empties his blister (lost control)
  • Catch keyboard input for player victim during struggling phase to apply manual havok pulses
  • Gamepad rumblings for player victim during struggling phase
  • Allow to settle the camera up to 1st person view of the player victim (you can apply the camera to other actors view - is not really a 1st person view, is more a shoulder view) - however - observing the scene from victims view is something really new
  • suffocation sounds
  • Expressions: mouth movements, eyes wide open (MFGConsole, Console Utils)
1 hour ago, zaira said:

Version 1.8:

• now the victim is bouncing slowly up and down

When hanging by spell, or when returning to the cell? Problem is there is no air friction and I don't know how to enable / simulate something similar. Also, Haeretic's ropes seem to have some elasticity embedded / set up, but it's not something I have the knowledge to tune.

Also, I am using Realistic Ragdolls and Force, maybe I see different results?

Not sure how to fix, it's the Haeretical's nifs, I have zero knowledge in 3dstudio to mess with them. It might be the upper bone of the rope colliding with the gallow static, I'll try placing it lower, see if it helps

• a naked victim gets hanged with the clothes from his inventory

As you know, outfit persistence is complicated, it's the best I could come up with at the moment to preserve the outfits and cuffs. I'll share the script with you offline, maybe we can fine tune it

• the victim is not struggling - looks pretty weird

I am definitely calling an animation and I see the animation. I am not sure why this is happening in your install

debug.sendAnimationEvent(target, "ZazGallow_Loop") <=== this is working for me, the victim does animate

• the angle of a spawned gallows is different from the victim, hard to place the gallows correctly then

Hanging by spell? Should not happen, and it is not happening in my installation

gallowref = place_furn_actor.placeatme(zbfGallowPoleFreeStandingOutsideZ30)
    gallowref.setangle(0, 0, place_furn_actor.GetAngleZ())
    gallowref.Disable()
    gallowref.enable()    

This is working for me, the gallow is auto-spawned straight upright. Do you have a screenshot?

• mouth is closed after death

I have the death expression mod and it is not closed

Suggestions:

• Struggling phase with havok impulses so the body is swinging, ZAP contains a gallows struggling animation

Answered above

• When the victim is dead no more havok impulses shall move the body

I'll add an MCM setting. What I would really like would be to slowly rotate the body instead of havoking it, but I don't know how to

• ZAP contains pissing effects, looks more immersive if the victims empties his blister (lost control)

I'm not really into this, I'll add it at some point and make an MCM option

• Catch keyboard input for player victim during struggling phase to apply manual havok pulses
  • Gamepad rumblings for player victim during struggling phase
  • Allow to settle the camera up to 1st person view of the player victim (you can apply the camera to other actors view - is not really a 1st person view, is more a shoulder view) - however - observing the scene from victims view is something really new
  • suffocation sounds

Let's talk about this so I can understand better, I haven't really tested the mod on the player until now. Good points.

• Expressions: mouth movements, eyes wide open (MFGConsole, Console Utils)

Live actor: I think I've added it, not really tested

Dead actor: it works through this recommended mod Death Expressions 

Thank you for your help and feedback!

If you want to disable the sway until I parametrize it, the function is in sac_autohang_quest.psc

function swing(actor swing_target, int sway_direction)
        swing_target.ApplyHavokImpulse(math.sin(swing_target.getanglez()+180*sway_direction), math.cos(swing_target.getanglez()+180*sway_direction), 0, utility.randomint(30, 80))
endfunction 

It's sufficient to comment out the applyhavokimpulse line to disable entirely, or you can tweak the applied force.

7 hours ago, zaira said:

Had a closer look, and you are right. The chain (and the rope, to some degree) acts naturally when spawned on roofs or other fixtures, but behave badly on the gallow.

The cause is the gallow collision, and the big problem is that it has a single collision object, which is probably a rough approximation of the visible object. There is no per-element collision that I can remove (e.g. remove just the collision for the top beam). Since I don't know how to edit collision, the only solution I have is removing the gallow collision altogether. It works, I have tested it already, the downside is that actors will now walk through the vertical beam. Unless a 3d modeler steps in to help (I'll ask t.ara) I don't have another solution.

Updating requires (!!) a clean save (which never had any version of the mod installed), or a save cleaned by following the process described in the mod description. Otherwise it will not work.

Uploaded v1.9.0, removed v1.8.0

- (critical fix) fixes a potential CTD caused by the persistence clones not being added into WINoBodyCleanupFaction and being called after the game cleans up corpses

^^ I am removing 1.8.0 from the download section due to the risk for CTD, and I encourage you to update as soon as possible

- (feature) MCM configuration for dead body swing (including disabling swing completely, if so preferred)
- (limited fix) removed gallow collision in order to prevent rope and chain twisting; downside is that now the gallow can be walked through; I don't have another fix unless a 3d modeler helps me with an updated object 
- (fix) wider range for looking for the nearest noose, to accommodate taller buildings
- (fix) fixed an issue which broke persistence for some NPCs, details here 
- (fix) track the nooses in the cell to avoid "double hangings" (two victims on the same noose) when returning to a cell 

Known issues:

- victims bounce when reattached to the nooses, when the player returns to the cell
- clothing management is still hit and miss, if you want naked victims you need to remove the clothing from their inventory, not just unequip the items
- the rope has some intrinsic elasticity, I cannot fix this because I don't know how to edit 3d objects

Teaser: seems that I can do this

disable()

resurrect()

enable()

which ragdolls correctly, according to some initial quick tests

If confirmed by more extensive testing, this should help solve a lot of issues with persistence