if its any help: when i launched my new game, i didn't do it in the main menu by selecting "new game" per say... i loaded the "prisoner" auto-save that is being made just when character creation begins since i didn't want to go through the whole long cutscene at the start. i went through the tutorial Helgen dungeon like normal from there on out.

Edit:

alright, i decided to start a completely new game by going through the "new game" in the main menu (and sit through that way to long cutscene we all know and loathe by now) at the start of the game aaand... now it works. i put the slider for tied feet to % and no feet are tied during the hanging.

i dunno, maybe something from that old loaded prisoner auto save was just weird and broken?

whatever the case, it seems to be working now *shrugs*

10 hours ago, Sek-Raktaa said:

i dunno, maybe something from that old loaded prisoner auto save was just weird and broken?

whatever the case, it seems to be working now *shrugs*

oh well, no idea either, let me know if you find further issues 

• 2 months later...

I downloaded the mod and the required mods, but somewhy the Just Hang mod is grey in the "mods" menu and i cant use it therefore. What can be the problem?

Edit: it works fine, except one thing: the hanged bodies are often "freezing" . I know there in option to handle swaying, but whatever i do, it doesn't change anything. In the zbftestingzone it worked, but for example in whiterun did not work, and neither anywhere else. Later it didnt work in the testzone either.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/11/2021 at 10:23 AM, Flegmenth said:

Hello, SAC, I got a problem with this mod. I had set autohang chance to 0% yet, but it still hanged nearby npc when I approached to them.

I reinstalled mod again, but it didn't work. Could you help me?

Same problem here, no matter the value people just get hanged randomly. Removed it, reinstalled it, did new game. That dude from rorikstead got hanged off the wagon before we made it there.

But I found a fix...... Use v1.9.0. It doesn't have the convenience of the single spell, (you will need a spell to spawn the noose and a spell for the npc) but it doesn't kill everyone. Hope to hear an update from this mod I really love this.

First of all, thanks for your mod, most enslaving functionalities never worked for me and I'm not always interested in being followed by naked bandits who will be slain by the first villager passing by.

Adversely, leaving a trail of persistent gallows fits better (it will likely become my alternative ending to the Defeat's battle/tie/rape/kill, despite the bunky animations, especially due to the Defeat tied state causing the NPC to be awkwardly hanged in this stance, hanging and dying when untied).

The MCM still seems buggy on the V2: Cloned NPCs, random auto-hanging no matter the settings.

Also, the outfit management keeps being strange: change of outfits between phases (switching from colovian fur armor to hide or imperial armor for a Bruma cutthroat, sometimes back to colovian), the execution hood loads (has been equipped at least once for an instant, but always return unequipped in the inventory if present), stripped characters return closed (I would have to more carefully test each problem).

I don't know much about mod so I wanted to ask if that would possible (I'm not doing a request, I'm only asking if in terms of modding it is feasible, in terms of scripts, performance loss, etc.) : could bodies acquire a dirt/rotting tint (with the right texture or paint) increasingly in time? (though if I am fond of smooth doll-skinned NPCs hanging, preserved, I should maybe start with finding an alternative to Bijin skin or similar ones.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 1/23/2021 at 1:22 AM, SAC said:

You can’t. Once you hang them, they die (or should die) and hang forever. You cannot abort or revive them

Definitely have no interest in reviving them, but was wondering if it would be possible to get rid of unwanted hanging victims if you either made a mistake or got sick of them hanging around for eternity.  Maybe a spell that would either completely remove them and the furniture from the game or remove the noose and drop them to the ground where they can either get cleared out by the game or disposed of by another mod (like burial mods.)  I hung a dead guard in the Thieves Guild Hall as a joke and now I kinda want him gone.  Clicking on his body and typing disable or markfordelete don't work hence the desire for a cleanup spell.  If this isn't possible, I'll just have to be very picky about who gets hung.

Edit:  Never mind!  I just discovered that enabling dead options from SL Defeat allows you to click on a body while in stealth mode and put it in a sack.   This even works on bodies that have been hung by this mod.  You can then dump it from the sack to either dispose of yourself, or let the game do it after a cell reset.  The best part is the noose or gallows that have been left behind can be reused on another target.  Furthermore this makes your gallows a nifty way to store bodies to later use Undead Thrall on.  It's so cool when you find new ways for different mods to interact with each other!

Edited by scourgebane
New Information
  • 2 months later...

Hi, i've got a problems. First, i don't want to tie the legs, but every time i hang someone legs are tied, even tho it's set on 0%. Also people get randomly hanged around me even tho the auto-hanging was set on 0 as well. 

Also... whatever clothes i wear, my character's clone will be always hanged in clothes, with a lof of items i didn't even have since ages, and it doesn't matter save i load, these "bugs" happen all the time. Is there any solution?

Edit: i tried to start a new game, but npcs randomly gets hanged even at the long-time cutscene... 

Edited by HDaniel
  • 7 months later...
On 5/11/2021 at 1:23 PM, Flegmenth said:

Hello, SAC, I got a problem with this mod. I had set autohang chance to 0% yet, but it still hanged nearby npc when I approached to them.

I reinstalled mod again, but it didn't work. Could you help me?

I like this MOD, some nice ideas, only issue is as above, set autohang to 0% and it still no matter what starts auto hanging people around me. Anyone know of a fix?