Just Hang SSE

View File

Adds three spells to hang NPCs, or self. Also features a function to hang nearby NPCs automatically - this is disabled by default, pls review the MCM options 

How to use (also see MCM settings):

Spells get added automatically

ManooseHangSPL => cast it on an NPC, it will display a dialogue message for options, then hang the NPC either on the spot (spawns a gallow), or on a noose placed by the spawn spell

(it works on dead NPCs too, same as live ones)

7-Feb-2021: this is considered legacy in 2.0.0 and will be removed in the next version, use the unified spell described below

ManooseHangSuicideSPL => same, but kills the player

Hanging the player puts the game in an infinite-duration free camera state in order to be able to watch the scene without triggering auto-load. Load a game manually when done.

Manoose unified hang or spawn noose spell 

=> if fired at an NPC, it will hang said NPC

=> if fired at anything else than an NPC, spawns a noose on contact to any structure / building / ceiling; firing the ManooseHangSPL on an NPC will inquire whether to hang on the spot, or on a noose spawned by this spell

=> you get a dialogue to confirm placement, or delete the spawn if not happy with the placement

(it does not matter if the rope is angled weirdly, it will still behave naturally once a body is "attached")

=> If using the "hang on the nearest noose" option, make sure the player (not the target NPC) is actually near, but not directly below (in order to allow room for the victim to hang) an empty noose, the spell does not check whether the nearest noose is actually empty or "occupied" with another body

=> the spell checks if the noose is occupied and asks the player how to handle, but the body detection may fail occasionally

=> If there is no noose object on a 500-units radius of the player, this option will fallback to hang on the spot / spawned gallow ask the player how to handle

=> Spells are lethal, and kill essential characters too, don't hang anyone you are going to need later. Essential or quest subject NPCs are cloned instead of killed.

=> It has persistence, meaning if you hang an NPC and return later, they will continue to hang (actually, they will snap into the rope when you enter the cell), including the bound limbs (hands/feet) and sway

Autohanging functionality - automatically hangs random nearby NPCs. Default is disabled. See the MCM settings.

Option to hang the player when losing combat - when the player's health drops below 20 units to zero, there is a probability it will be auto-hanged. Probability is configurable in MCM

Always update on a clean(ed) save, otherwise it will just not work.

Disclaimer: in order to be able to clone the PC silently (for suicide and combat hanging) the mod breaks the vanilla "throw shout"-something "feature" which enabled the PC to say some stupid "insult" like "hey skeever butt" with a robotic voice, if anyone's using it - I had no idea this thing even existed until I've started to clone the player and hear robo-insults, took me some searching to even figure out wtf was that about. If someone suggests a compatibility solution, I'll implement it, but I won't invest time into searching for one.

===

MCM settings (the mod page is "SAC Just Hang") - updated 7-Feb-2021

Spoiler

AutohangProbability = If enabled (>0), random live NPCs surrounding the player will get hanged automatically, with the specified probability. NPCs marked as IsEssential() are not eligible for auto-hang. Set to 0 to disable the feature"

TieHandsProbability = Probability of the victims having their hands tied at the back. Default is 50%

TieFeetProbability =  Probability of the victims having their feet tied. Default is 50%

KillTimerMultiplier = A multiplier applied to the period the victim will be animating in the noose before expiring. Default durations (multiplier at 1x) are 5 seconds for the gallows and 10 seconds for the placed noose, with a +1/-1 randomization hard-coded

Autohang_SearchRadius = Radius around the player to search for an auto-hanging victim. Default is 500, which is relatively close to the player

Autohang_timer = Time between auto-hanging events, with a +10/-10 seconds randomization hard-coded. Note that the auto-hanging event will skip if no eligible victims are found within the search radius. Default is 60 seconds, which is quite frequently

Sound_volume_setting = Volume for the creak sound effect. Note that changing this value does not affect the sound emitters already existing in the current cell, until the player refreshes the cell (leaves / returns to the cell)

Hang_player_ondeath_probability = Probability that the player gets hanged when killed. Default is 50%

Average_sway_force = Average force for the body sway, once hanged. Each sway impulse will apply a random force around this average value. Set to 0 to disable. Default is 50

Clone_essentials =Whether to clone the actors which are essential (1) or to kill the original actors (0). Default is 1 (clone them) in order to protect quests integrity

Actor_detection_sensitivity_for_unified_spell = Range of actor detection around the point of impact unified spell. Lower value results in more <keep the noose> dialogues when the actual intention is to hang actors, higher value results in inability to spawn nooses near actors. Default is 150

Enable_tats_cloning = Toggle slavetats cloning for the player clones. Enabling it introduces a few seconds lag when hanging the player. Default is enabled

Prepare_mod_for_update = Use ONLY (!!) before removing the mod for update. Click the option, leave the menu and return to the game, save the game and exit, then follow the cleaning procedure

Cleaning procedure, mandatory when updating, if rollback to a clean save is not desirable (updated 31-Jan-2021)

Spoiler

1. Click the relevant MCM option

2. Save the game and exit
3. Uninstall the mod if using a mod organiser, or delete manoose.esp and sac cloak for manoose.esp (replaced by a single plugin, SAC_ Just Hang.esp, effective 1.7.0)
4. Launch the game, load the save (will signal missing plugins, acknowledge), save the game, exit
5. Launch Resaver (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/5031?tab=files), it's an utility supporting both FO4 and Skyrim
6. Load the last save in Resaver, it will report NN unatached instances
7. Clean menu => remove unattached instances, it will report "removed NN unattached script instances"

8. (added 31-Jan) type sac_ in the filter box, go to script definitions, select all of them (they should all begin with sac_) => right click => delete
8. Save the savefile (overwrite, it will create a backup anyway), exit Resaver
9. Install the new version (preferably with a mod organizer / if you are installing manually choose to overwrite anything and activate SAC_ Just Hang.esp) and you should be good to go, it will give you the spells automatically; MCM takes a while to register the new installation

Credits

I've started from the original Manoose mod by @Nimuraa and mashed up ZAP resources by @t.ara, the flexible rope from Heretical Resources by Haeretic, code from @Pamatronic and Jebbalon, plus my own code and additions. Also packs resources (and probably also some code going forward) from @zaira

Cloning script for persistence is from PAHE, courtesy of @CliftonJD

LE patch and overall help with testing @Coolhidan123

Prerequisites and recommended mods:

Requires SKSE and Papyrus Extender. Developed on Special Edition, LE patch is here

Requires ZAP

Recommended companion mods, not required, but will enhance the experience:

Dead body collision

- Death expressions (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/28993)

Permissions

- You can publish any modifications as long as they are incremental patches requiring the main mod

- Publish on LL only, as the mod was developed using resources and help from the LL community

- No monetization

• Submitter
    SAC
  • Submitted
    12/26/2020
  • Category
  • Requires
    SKSE, ZAP, Papyrus Extender, Sexlab
  • Regular Edition Compatible
    Yes

No idea what's going wrong, but this mod doesn't work as intended.

First of all in your description you are speaking about two .esp files that need to be activated. Well, when installing your mod there's only one. 

Secondly when trying to add one or both spells via console it says, that the item is not found.

Third - and that's the worse part: after having your mod installed, several NPCs turn hostile.  I was currently in the academy of Winterhold. When I tried to leave the academy, the quards instantly attacked me. After running back to the interiour, some of the inhabitants became hostile. It was Z'zargo, Faralda and even my currently inactive follower Aranea Aranith, who has her home in the archmage's quarter ( btw: my player character is already the archmage ).

Reinstalled the mod, tried other saves - but always with a similar result. It's really a pitty, as this mod looks interesting.

Apart from this bugs making the game unplayable, a more detailed description how it works would be helpful. You tell a lot about technical details, but not what the mod does exactly. Do I have to cast the spell on a NPC, or does it spawn a gallow and do I have to order the NPV via console command to use it Or does it work (when it works) completely different as assumed?

On 12/27/2020 at 6:48 PM, Ralph.B said:

No idea what's going wrong, but this mod doesn't work as intended.

First of all in your description you are speaking about two .esp files that need to be activated. Well, when installing your mod there's only one. 

Secondly when trying to add one or both spells via console it says, that the item is not found.

Third - and that's the worse part: after having your mod installed, several NPCs turn hostile.  I was currently in the academy of Winterhold. When I tried to leave the academy, the quards instantly attacked me. After running back to the interiour, some of the inhabitants became hostile. It was Z'zargo, Faralda and even my currently inactive follower Aranea Aranith, who has her home in the archmage's quarter ( btw: my player character is already the archmage ).

Reinstalled the mod, tried other saves - but always with a similar result. It's really a pitty, as this mod looks interesting.

Apart from this bugs making the game unplayable, a more detailed description how it works would be helpful. You tell a lot about technical details, but not what the mod does exactly. Do I have to cast the spell on a NPC, or does it spawn a gallow and do I have to order the NPV via console command to use it Or does it work (when it works) completely different as assumed?

- please try 1.2.0 just posted now, on a clean save, and let me know if it's still broken

- I have edited the mod description to be more clear about how to use, and what to consider when using

- not sure why the aggro happens, should not happen and does not happen to me

In addition to my previous post (i.e. pls try 1.2.0 on a clean save)

The archive looks like this

image.png.a316c5bbb166a9e7633aacd67e767392.png

(I've checked, 1.1 had both esps too)

Both need to be activated. Not sure what mod organizer you are using, manoose.esp is flagged internally as an esm and maybe it requires special activation, don't know.

If the spells don't get added automatically into the spell list, please type "help manoose" into the console and post a screenshot here. It should return a result similar to this.

image.png.71ad75d193eca786b4c2a423a6e06713.png

Maybe not having manoose.esp activated, just the other one, would also explain the aggro, I don't know. I can't reproduce or explain it for now.

14 hours ago, SAC said:

One more thing, because thread notifications can get flaky, @ or quote me to increase the chances I get notified on a post here. I did not get a notification for the post above.

Thanks for your detailed replies. I generally quote when posting 'cause I know that the notifications here do not always work as expected. But for some reason did not see the button.

Tried out your latest upload. It principially works as your description says and I think your and Pamatronics work have much potential. I think the "missing" second .esp was my own fault.  I'm still jusing MMM and normally new activates ESPs appear at the bottom of the load order. Somehow didn't notice the manoose,esp is actually an ESL, which of course is palced on the top.

In the newest install they got activated automatically like intended. The three spells appeared in my spell-list without manual help, too. And they worked ingame as your description says. It still needs some fine-tuning, but as you said it's still a work in progress and perhaps just a co-work to Pama's final hanging-mod.

However, it still has some serious conflict with other mods. One is the hostility that I mentioned in my first posting. It persists in the current version of your mod, but I could locate the problem. It is caused by "Master of  disguise".  Not shure about the reason, but maybe your mod adds the player to a faction, that is recognized by MoD as crime faction, which results in  some NPCs  of a normaly friendly factions get aggresive against the player.

Annother conflicting mod is possibly "Convenient Horses". When your mod is installed, the active player horse runs away when the player character comes near it.  It's impossible to mount the horse in a regular way. It's possible to use the Horsecall-spell, which brings you directly on it's back, but the horse whistle doesn't work eitther and the horse continues to flee instead of running to the player.  The reason could be similar like the problem with "Master of Disguise": adding the player to a faction which is obviously hostile to some other NPC's and (active) horses.

"Master of  Disguise" has ton's of settings in MCM which I still haven't figured out. So maybe it can be solved just by a setting. But "Convenient Horses" doesn't offer any configuration menue.

Have some basic knowledge in CK - at least about clothes and armors, but absolutely no clue about scripts. So I'm sorry that I  can't really help.

12 hours ago, Ralph.B said:

It still needs some fine-tuning, but as you said it's still a work in progress and perhaps just a co-work to Pama's final hanging-mod.

I am quite open to suggestions or improvements, pls let me know what fine tuning you have in mind

12 hours ago, Ralph.B said:

However, it still has some serious conflict with other mods. One is the hostility that I mentioned in my first posting. It persists in the current version of your mod, but I could locate the problem.

I don't have either of those mods, so I am relying on you to test potential remedies. I have just uploaded v.1.2.5, with a couple of improvements, and an attempt to fix incompatibility. The player is not added in any faction, so it's not a faction issue, however the player does cast a constant cloak spell/effect in order for hanging persistence and the autohang feature to work. All NPCs around (live and dead) are "blanketed" with this spell, which they might interpret as an aggression or detection or something.

What I've done in 1.2.5 is to apply the "cloak monitor spell" only on the hanged NPCs (they need it for persistence), not to any unhanged NPC. Hopefully this will fix the issues you are encountering - please confirm on a clean save (which never had any version of the mod installed), or in a location you've never visited since installing the mod.

If the NPCs are still aggressive, please check if they still have the monitor spell applied unintentionally:

console: hasspell SAC_03_hangingpersistence_monitorspell

should return false

Assuming this works, then I'll have a problem with autohang, but let's first see if this fix works for you.

11 hours ago, SAC said:

I am quite open to suggestions or improvements, pls let me know what fine tuning you have in mind

I don't have either of those mods, so I am relying on you to test potential remedies. I have just uploaded v.1.2.5, with a couple of improvements, and an attempt to fix incompatibility. The player is not added in any faction, so it's not a faction issue, however the player does cast a constant cloak spell/effect in order for hanging persistence and the autohang feature to work. All NPCs around (live and dead) are "blanketed" with this spell, which they might interpret as an aggression or detection or something.

What I've done in 1.2.5 is to apply the "cloak monitor spell" only on the hanged NPCs (they need it for persistence), not to any unhanged NPC. Hopefully this will fix the issues you are encountering - please confirm on a clean save (which never had any version of the mod installed), or in a location you've never visited since installing the mod.

If the NPCs are still aggressive, please check if they still have the monitor spell applied unintentionally:

console: hasspell SAC_03_hangingpersistence_monitorspell

should return false

Assuming this works, then I'll have a problem with autohang, but let's first see if this fix works for you.

So I'm upgraded to be the chef-tester ... LOL

Sorry for the bad news, but the update hasn't changed the problems I mentioned above. Some NPCs still get hostile with your mod and "Master of Disguise" installed at the same time. Affected so far are the guards of all holds, the Thalmor-faction and members of the theives's guild (even I'm their leader - pfff). Maybe there are more, but encountered in my test only those so far. Some single NPC's like Aranea Aranith get only aggro after I've killed the attacking guards and a bounty was set on me, This might be quite normal and not really depending on your mod.

Checked several hold-guards when they attacked me with your described console command. This was the message that returned:

Syntax error: Reference not allowed in this context.

Item SAC_03_hangingpersistence_monitorspell not found for spell item

Also the player horse assigned by "Convenient Horses" is still on the run. Couldn't check this via console, because I never came near enough to mark it when in console-modus.

A third issue appeared with AFT (Amazing Follower Tweaks), in special with it's build in clothing function. Possibly this happens with other follower mods as well.

When hanging AFT-recruited followers they sometimes get totally naked and sometimes simply keep the clothes that they wore before the hanging (which would be my preferred option). I think, the last opion is intended by your mod, but AFT sometimes messes it up. 

Otherwise it works as it should. Specially the spawning of the noose is a great feature. Sometimes the position and angle is indeed weird, but it can be easily alligned with Jaxon's Positioner and stays fully functionable. With  the positioner it's even a simple task to remove the rope or complete gallow without console command.

With normal NPCs it work like a charme and I was even able to loot them. Slightly strange is when hanging a follower (again assigned with AFT). The hanging itself works like intended, but instad of really being dead the follower falls into some kind of knocked out or bleed out state. When coming near to him there's still the menue to open a dialog, but when trying to activate it nothing happens. And to loot them is impossible under this conditions of course. But that's not the fault of your mod as AFT sets the character to essential by default and obviously overrides the kill function of the hanging-mod (It happens with Pamatronics gallows, too). But if someone really wants to murder his followers, the essential flag can removed with the ingame-configuration of AFT. So that's not really an issue - just wanted to mention it.

A very special case was the following: When I tried to hang a huscarl from the heartfire-DLC, she equipped all outfits I've given them earlier at the same time when dead. Looks pretty strange. But as said, a very special case. This NPC was a follower who had assigned three different outfit (default, home and town). Then I turned her into a huscarl for Lakeview Manor. This is not reversible (even not with AFT) and makes the dressing function unaccessible. But obviously the outfits are still in the inventory and mess up the hanging. A workarround is perhaps the same as mentioned above and not really the task of the hanging-mod.

Finetuning, features? Well - first of all I think the most realistic option is that hanged NPC's just develope restraints but keep their current clothing (exept weapons of course). I think this is already intended by your mod, but can be somehow messed up with AFT (maybe with other cloth changers, too). Maybe this needs more testing. For me it's some kind of neglectable. Normally I don't want to hang my followers! Apart from this when the problem is known, it should be easy to dress the follower just with those clothes you want to see at the execution, to clear all other slots and disable the cloth-changing function in the dialog menue. At a real execution you don't have several sets of clothing in your inventory either! So it has even some kind of realism.

Annother option already available with Pam's gallows, is the non lethal part. It's about just strangling by tightening the hanging-rope and force the victim to stand on his tiptoes. I like this feature very much and would like to see it in the final version as well. But this kind of tortur-function would perhaps require the additional option that Pama has already integrated: to alternatively release the victim from the gallows without killing it. Apart from my personal preferences this would perhaps open the door fo future quest mods where you have to save a victim from the gallows right in time.

And when dreaming:  the ability to spawn differnt kind of gallows via dialog menue and /or a option to develope different kind of bondages would be great. But as said, just dreaming. The most important goal for my opinion is a stable and consistant basic mod without conflicts with other popular mod.

I have no idea what plans you and Pamatronic have with your mods. But I think it would be a great win for everybody to work togher ( you already metioned it). If you need some kind of beta testing in my heavily modded game - I'm happy to give feedback.

4 hours ago, Ralph.B said:

Sorry for the bad news, but the update hasn't changed the problems I mentioned above. Some NPCs still get hostile with your mod and "Master of Disguise" installed at the same time. Affected so far are the guards of all holds, the Thalmor-faction and members of the theives's guild (even I'm their leader - pfff). Maybe there are more, but encountered in my test only those so far. Some single NPC's like Aranea Aranith get only aggro after I've killed the attacking guards and a bounty was set on me, This might be quite normal and not really depending on your mod.

Ok, two more tests, pls:

- install the mod on a clean save and go/stay in a location noone is hostile. After you get the spells, stop the persistence quest from the console

stopquest sac_hanging_persistence

Test it with sqv sac_hanging_persistence, should return "stopped", then go to a hold and see if the guards still get aggressive (test 1)

image.png.7e2c9872bc9d36fec3a49f6b1c52ff06.png

- next test would be to replicate the above, but remove the spells too

help manoose

<write down the ids for the three records marked SPEL>

player.removespell <spell id>

(with the quest stopped, otherwise the quest will reequip the spells automatically)

Then check for aggression again. My problem is I don't know what exactly triggers the aggression - is it the cloak spell / quest, just having the spells in inventory, having spells equipped and ready to fire, actually firing spells... For example, I have SL Survival which gets the guards to approach if I use any magic, but that's expected behavior.

I have just installed the 2 mods you mention. I haven't figured out yet how to get the horse to test on it, but so far nobody has been aggressive towards me. Have you checked the options in the MCM for the Disguise one? For example I have noticed this page, maybe you have some settings unrelated with my mod, just saying.

I guess as a last resort I can reach out to the author and discuss internals, if he/she's available and willing.

image.thumb.png.cd9b89650524a624ce5ffa75dae3f567.png

Other mentions:

- I have seen weird auto-clothing behavior too, I suspect interference from Frostfall or something like this mod Cold Region Behavior - Beta Test at Skyrim Special Edition Nexus - Mods and Community but it's impossible to test compatibility with everything so I ignore it for the moment

- Upcoming version, probably tomorrow, will have a basic MCM which allows you to prolong the animation stage (globally, though, not per-noose), but will still be lethal eventually

- Not planning on a non-lethal / release mechanism yet, it multiplies complexity, would rather work on hanging the victim if you kill them / shoot them while animating, for example (I don't think that works now); also, overall mod stability is not where I want it yet, so that's a focus

- I've noticed too that the noose does not kill companions, I guess killessential() is not enough, there's another SKSE function I want to test; again, not a priority, as you say 

- different furnitures: yes, that is an idea I will be looking into, I guess Pamatronic will also develop on his ZAP furnitures mod and I don't want to introduce too much redundancy;

- story-driven quests: I don't know how to do that, never done any, and quests are something which puzzle me even after a few years of modding, so probably not realistic to expect from me; I am just using barebone quests to enable persistent scripting, and even that is something which I do rather mechanically following tutorials

11 hours ago, SAC said:

Ok, two more tests, pls:

- install the mod on a clean save and go/stay in a location noone is hostile. After you get the spells, stop the persistence quest from the console ......

I will help as much as I can.  I'm busy with other things right now, so it will last one or two days until I have time to play around with it. However, feedback will come for shure.

I'm just wondering why no one else replies to this thread.

So.. Hello ^^ I tried it on LE version and it's work somehow. I manage to hang someone or hang myself. When I hang NPC, then they got a rope wrist bound and rope neck bound, but when I use it on myself I got nothing. So that is the first thing. Second thing is the furniture.. I don't get any furniture ? ScreenShot5.bmp   I looked on it in Creation Kit and manage to somehow fix it ( copy different furniture from ZaZ pack with similar name and link it ). And result is that second image. So just some information. Well, I looking forward to next part of your mod. I very like your Fallout 4 mod and I'm glad you are back in modding.  

ScreenShot6.bmp

20 hours ago, Ralph.B said:

I will help as much as I can.  I'm busy with other things right now, so it will last one or two days until I have time to play around with it. However, feedback will come for shure.

Please disregard my previous, I think I found the issue and will upload an intended fix as soon as possible

14 hours ago, Coolhidan123 said:

So.. Hello ^^ I tried it on LE version and it's work somehow. I manage to hang someone or hang myself. When I hang NPC, then they got a rope wrist bound and rope neck bound, but when I use it on myself I got nothing. So that is the first thing. Second thing is the furniture.. I don't get any furniture ? ScreenShot5.bmp   

Strange about the furniture. It links to vanilla textures, should work out of the box. I don't think I'm allowed to package vanilla resources, so I won't.

Get the ZAP model that works for you and put it into \data\meshes\SAC\ZazGallowFreeForOutsideZ30.nif (mind the name). Please take into account I've raised the original ZAP model by 30 unit in nifskope in order to allow for the rope length

image.png.402c0dc46a4e79092746e0e2000b2d2f.png

Thanks for confirming it (mostly) works on LE. Feel free to upload any LE patches you come up with, or send them to me to upload them on the mod page, I don't have LE installed anymore, and have no intention of reinstalling it

14 hours ago, Coolhidan123 said:

I very like your Fallout 4 mod and I'm glad you are back in modding.  

Thanks, I appreciate this :) Not sure how much "back to modding" I'll be doing because it's driving me crazy sometimes, but there's potential on skyrim which did not exist for FO4 (the havoked rope and associated function) and I just felt compelled to implement it to the best of my abilities. I guess we'll see how long I'll keep this up.

22 hours ago, Ralph.B said:

Should be all fixed in 1.5.0, pls let me know

- the horse I've been able to test myself, and it's fixed - now I need to figure out how to get rid of it, it follows me everywhere

- the NPC aggression should also be fixed, I've made a stupid mistake when setting up the cloak magic effects and ticked "no hit effect" instead of "no hit event" in CK... oh well

If you downloaded 1.5.0 within 2hrs of uploading, please remove and download 1.5.0repacked, I've made a mistake on the initial upload.

If you have 1.5.0repacked, then it's the correct version. The initial upload was removed.

8 hours ago, SAC said:

Should be all fixed in 1.5.0, pls let me know

- the horse I've been able to test myself, and it's fixed - now I need to figure out how to get rid of it, it follows me everywhere

- the NPC aggression should also be fixed, I've made a stupid mistake when setting up the cloak magic effects and ticked "no hit effect" instead of "no hit event" in CK... oh well

Much better now! Testet it on the same savegames where the holdguards became hostile after installing "Just Hang".  They keep peaceful now!

The (convenient) horse has stopped to run away, too - so your improvements have been successfull.

Just one note about Convenient Horses.  You said, you haven't  had installed this mod before and now the horse is stalking you. This is neither related to your mod nor is it a bug of Convenient Horses! Probably you have missed the dialog options to interact with your horse. Here you can order your horse to wait  or to follow you. I think the follow-mode is the default setting.  Be aware, the dialog is only available after you have done the horse-quest. If you don't want to go through it, there's some kind of cheat after you have purchased your fist horse - but I don't remember anymore how it works.

Well, tried out out your mod with different NPC's and followers. Just in case I have disabled Pamatronics gallows, but didn't notice any interferrence when it was enabled either. Can only speak about followers recruited with AmazingFollowerTweaks (AFT). If there are problems with other follower mods like UFO it should be tested by someone else.

Here are my findings related to AFT:

It works obviously flawless with all default NPC's, no matter if essential or not. But as your discription says, it actually kills all of them and can perhaps break unfinished quests. when the hanged NPC is involved in those. Default NPC keep their clothes and stay in place even when the player has chaged the cell and comes back (not really: as you said the NPC snaps into the rope again when re-entering the cell). So my recommendation for immersion: when placing a noose: the best is to place it somewhere where it is covered when entering the cell (arround a corner, behind some trees ... ) . So the hanged NPC has time to snap into place before the player can see him. I think this should work with the defaul follower system coming from Bethesda, too.

Followers assigned by AFT are a different chapter. When using the "followers are essential" option the hanging becomes botched. AFT obviosly checks this option permanently and overwrites "Just Hang". The hanged follower falls into bleedout or knockout state and cannot die. This results that the dialog option is still shown, but isn't interactive anymore. You can't neither loot the character nor can you speak with him.

This function can be toggled in AFT and when using the "non essential" option the hanging works as intended and the dead Follower can even be looted.

Still incompatible with AFT is the steadiness of the followers clothing.  Didn't test this so far 'cause I don't have any NPC without customized outfit in this playthrough. But I think as long you haven't assigned any clothing different from the default one, it should work as intended. Choosing the "automatic cloth changing" function breaks the mechanism of "Just Hang" and the follower gets naked right that moment he dies. Obviously it doesn't make any difference if you have choosen just one custom outfit for all occasions or checked all three options (standart, home, town). No idea if that can be really solved.

Additionnaly noticed that those followers sometimes don't snap into the rope again when re-entering the cell. Their corpes just lay on the foor under the noose. This need some more tests under wich circumstances this happens.

What works is "SimpleOutfitManager" by Drahrego. Outfits assigned to a specific NPC or follower with this mod, stay in place after the hanging. But this mod has no automated change of clothing dependig from triggers. It just replaced the default outfit with your own choice permanently and deletes the previous outfit (removing this mod mid game leaves the modified characters naked).

Additionally tried it with "Bodycollosions" installed and without. Both work - you just can't push arround the dead hanging body without it.

Annother rare bug is, that sometimes when reentering the related cell the dead body swings so much that it overturns and ends up in a weird position. Leaving the cell and comming back mostly solves the problem.  It also occured once that the corpes doesn't stop spinning like mad after coming back to the cell.

Last not least I noticed a minor bug in MCM. The options for the probability of being tied or autohang show the defaul values like you descibed, but if you actually call them up they are all zero. Adjusting them in MCM works and they stay like assigned.

I didn't check the "Automatic Hanging" function so far - feedback will follow later. Hope my betatest is somehow helpful.

36 minutes ago, Ralph.B said:

Much better now! Testet it on the same saves where the holdguard became hostile after installing "Just Hang".  They keep peaceful now!

Excellent, happy to have solved it

The (convenient) horse has stopped to run away - so your improvements have been successfull. Just one note about Convenient Horses.  You said, you haven't  had installed this mod before and now the horse is stalking you.

No matter, I've uninstalled it, I don't need horses :) 

The hanged follower falls into bleedout or knockout state and cannot die. This results that the dialog option is still shown, but isn't interactive anymore. YSou can't neither loot the chacter nor can you speak with him.

This function can be toggled in AFT and when using the "non essential" option the hanging works as intended and the dead Foller can even be looted.

Haven't tried the alternate kill command yet

Additionnaly noticed that those followers sometimes don't snap into the rope again when re-entering the cell. Their corpes just lay on the foor under the noose. This need some more tests under wich circumstances this happens.

That should not happen, I am interested in the circumstances

Tried tried it with "Bodycollosions" installed and without. Both work - you just can't push arround the dead hanging body without it.

Correct

Annother rare bug is, that sometimes when reentering the related cell the dead body swings so much that it overturns and ends up in a weird position. Leaving the cell and comming back sometimes solves the problem.  It also occured once that the corpes doesn't stop spinning like mad after coming back to the cell.

Yes, that can happen, not sure if I can fix it, it's a havok quirk 

Last not least I noticed a minor bug in MCM. The options for the probability of being tied or autohang show the defaul values like you descibed, but if you actually call them up they are all zero. Adjusting them ingame works and they stay like assigned.

I know. It's my second MCM ever, and the first was on FO4 which is a lot friendlier, MCM on skyrim is horrible to code.  The bug is cosmetic and the fix will be packaged in the next version. Until you modify the sliders they show zero, but the specified defaults are nevertheless embedded into the esp. After you change the values, they stay changed and show correctly in MCM. Since this does not affect functionality, I call it cosmetic and can wait for the next version, but I am posting the corrected MCM script anyway. 

Hope my betatest is somehow helpful.

Very much so, thank you very much for your detailed feedback!

This fixes the MCM's faulty initial load - it is cosmetic, meaning MCM shows zero values although the described defaults are actually in effect. If you change the settings in MCM, they will persist and effect correctly.

Put it into \data\scripts manually, it will be packaged into the next tuning version planned for before the end of the week.

SAC_Just_Hang_SSE_MCM.pex

45 minutes ago, SAC said:

Excellent, happy to have solved it

No matter, I've uninstalled it, I don't need horses :) 

Haven't tried the alternate kill command yet

That should not happen, I am interested in the circumstances

Correct

Yes, that can happen, not sure if I can fix it, it's a havok quirk 

I know. It's my second MCM ever, and the first was on FO4 which is a lot friendlier, MCM on skyrim is horrible to code.  The bug is cosmetic and will be fixed in the next version. Until you modify the sliders they show zero, but the specified defaults are nevertheless embedded into the esp. After you change the values, they stay changed and show correctly in MCM. Since this does not affect functionality, I call it cosmetic and can wait for the next version, no need for a hotfix

Very much so, thank you very much for your detailed feedback!

Have edited my above posting while you wrote this. Nothing essential but added some more details for better understanding. Maybe read it once again.

About the follower's corpses lying arround on the floor after reentring the cell: I will try to find out under which circumstances it happens and report back the results.

4 minutes ago, Ralph.B said:

About the follower's corpses lying arround on the floor after reentring the cell: I will try to find out under which circumstances it happens and report back the results.

To clarify, is it just followers you find lying around, or also other NPCs?

Please check if the actors you find lying around have this keyword (from console click on the actor and issue the command, make sure you've selected the actor and not the player)

haskeyword sac_hanged_meat_kw

- If it returns >> 1 then that's bad, it means for some reason the persistence did not fire; unfortunately, there's absolutely no way to implement true persistence due to engine limitations, we need to rely on them re-snapping into the noose every time the player enters the cell, triggered by all sorts of events (onplayerblahblah()) which are not very reliable (or I don't know how to code them well enough)

- If it returns >> 0 and you have installed 1.5.0 on a clean save, then that's also bad, it means the keyword did not apply (I wish skyrim had the addkeyword() function instead of having to mess with reference aliases just to apply a damn keyword....); one possible reason for this is trying to hang two actors simultaneously, that is unreliable unless I implement a reference alias array or something similar, which is something I really don't want to get into, it's too script-fu for my skills

- If it's a follower, then it's probably "zombified" and not dead

On 1/1/2021 at 8:43 PM, SAC said:

To clarify, is it just followers you find lying around, or also other NPCs?

Please check if the actors you find lying around have this keyword (from console click on the actor and issue the command, make sure you've selected the actor and not the player)

haskeyword sac_hanged_meat_kw

- If it returns >> 1 then that's bad, it means for some reason the persistence did not fire; unfortunately, there's absolutely no way to implement true persistence due to engine limitations, we need to rely on them re-snapping into the noose every time the player enters the cell, triggered by all sorts of events (onplayerblahblah()) which are not very reliable (or I don't know how to code them well enough)

- If it returns >> 0 and you have installed 1.5.0 on a clean save, then that's also bad, it means the keyword did not apply (I wish skyrim had the addkeyword() function instead of having to mess with reference aliases just to apply a damn keyword....); one possible reason for this is trying to hang two actors simultaneously, that is unreliable unless I implement a reference alias array or something similar, which is something I really don't want to get into, it's too script-fu for my skills

- If it's a follower, then it's probably "zombified" and not dead

It only happens with AFT-followers.

Your last assumption hits the nail. I found out that even you disable the "essential" function in the AFT settings, it doesn't update it for currently active followers immediately. They are not dead (again just some kind of knock out) and somehow still "follow" you after the hanging.  When the player character changes the cell they follow him and leave the gallows. It's not that they are running behind like usual - more than like pulling their unconscious body with an unvisible rope. Sometimes this zombie is even under the ground mesh and you can't see him. However, it seems to break the attachment to the noose.  When returning to the initial cell the body respawns somewhere near the noose - sometimes  under the ground too. The body seems to have vanished, but is still arround somewhere. Meanwhile had almost all situations, from totally hidden under the floor, over sticking with the half of the body in the ground, until simply lying arround under the gallows.

The only way to make the hanging work correct is to dismiss your follower after you have changed the "essential" attribut. This applies the new setting. Don't recruit him again, but hang him with the spell as long he's in sight. Only this way the hanging works as it should (exept the clothing-mess).

Tried any other possible configuration without success.

Sometime Skyrim behaves strange and I wonder if it happens only in my install. I'm wondering a bit that the "essential" flag of AFT is only removed after the follower is inactive and not always. Normally I'd assume the followers can die even when active and following you. So maybe someone else tries it out and confirms my find - or denies it.

I've no idea if there's a possibility of an ulimate override to get rid of the immortality caused by AFT. Otherwise it simply needs the install instruction if someone intents to hang his followers, to uncheck the "followers are essential" setting and to dismiss the aktive follower before he's sent to the gallows.

Still struggling with the clothing trouble. Tried out several configuration after having used the cloth-changing function of AFT. I really want to get arround the problem with the undressing or showing muliple outfits at the same time. Since now didn't find any practicable solution. But I will continue with my experiments but have not much hope that it can't be solved without scripting.

On 1/1/2021 at 11:23 PM, Ralph.B said:

I wonder if it happens only in my install.

It's not your install, I've seen that behavior too. I'll be uploading an update today which should fix this, along with some other fixes and improvements. Still working on it but should be ready today.

7 hours ago, SAC said:

It's not your install, I've seen that behavior too. I'll be uploading an update today which should fix this, along with some other fixes and improvements. Still working on it but should be ready today.

LE: the next update still needs work, will not be ready today

v.1.6.0 uploaded

Absolutely requires a clean save (!!)

- (new mandatory dependency) Papyrus Extender

(no idea if this new requirement breaks LE compatibility entirely)

- (not fixed yet) unable to fix initial value load on MCM; MCM will show (false) zero although defaults are baked into the esp as described; changing values in MCM will work properly 

- (fix/feature) de-zombified followers (kills followers more reliably)
- (fix) fixed a situation when quitting the game after an automatic hanging prevents using spawned nooses upon game reload
- (fix) fixed the suicide magic effect
- (fix/feature) places hanged victims into WINoBodyCleanupFaction so they are exempt from native dead body cleanup

- (feature) added two MCM settings for autohang 
- (feature) the hanging spell can now be used on corpses too, without weird physics
- (feature) adds a dialogue to review the spawned noose placement - if not happy with the placement, select "delete noose" (note that is does not matter if the rope is angled weirdly, it will still behave normally once a corpse is "attached")
- (feature) some NPCs just cannot be made to hang persistently at this time; the spell validates if the victim can be persisted and clones them at a last resort; 
  if the clone still cannot be made persistent, the spell asks for confirmation whether to hang the victim anyway, or abort at user request
- (feature) victims drop shields too - otherwise they will hang with shields equipped when returning to the cell 

- (major internal redesign) moved the autohanging and hanged persistence processes to dedicated quest / onupdate() process
- (improved internals) moved applying keywords earlier during hanging for better reliability
- (improved internals) increased noose search radius to 1000

4 hours ago, SAC said:

v.1.6.0 uploaded

Absolutely requires a clean save (!!)

- (new mandatory dependency) Papyrus Extender

(no idea if this new requirement breaks LE compatibility entirely)

- (not fixed yet) unable to fix initial value load on MCM; MCM will show (false) zero although defaults are baked into the esp as described; changing values in MCM will work properly 

- (fix/feature) de-zombified followers (kills followers more reliably)
- (fix) fixed a situation when quitting the game after an automatic hanging prevents using spawned nooses upon game reload
- (fix) fixed the suicide magic effect
- (fix/feature) places hanged victims into WINoBodyCleanupFaction so they are exempt from native dead body cleanup

- (feature) added two MCM settings for autohang 
- (feature) the hanging spell can now be used on corpses too, without weird physics
- (feature) adds a dialogue to review the spawned noose placement - if not happy with the placement, select "delete noose" (note that is does not matter if the rope is angled weirdly, it will still behave normally once a corpse is "attached")
- (feature) some NPCs just cannot be made to hang persistently at this time; the spell validates if the victim can be persisted and clones them at a last resort; 
  if the clone still cannot be made persistent, the spell asks for confirmation whether to hang the victim anyway, or abort at user request
- (feature) victims drop shields too - otherwise they will hang with shields equipped when returning to the cell 

- (major internal redesign) moved the autohanging and hanged persistence processes to dedicated quest / onupdate() process
- (improved internals) moved applying keywords earlier during hanging for better reliability
- (improved internals) increased noose search radius to 1000

Great work on the "zombie" issue. Now even followers set by AFT to essential, die at once, They stay in place after changing cells and can be looted.  The AFT clothchanger funktion still isn't compatible, but that wasn't part of this update anyway. 

The autohang function is funny. I imagine to set it to 100%, the search radius on max and then hide me in the middle of a bandit camp and just wait ....

You wrote that the initial value shown in MCM isn't fixed. But it works for me in this build. All values shown are the actual set ones.

What seriosly doesn't work anymore is the hanging on a spawned hanging rope. Now matter how close I stand to it when using the hanging spell, the choosen NPC always hangs on a selfequipped gallows and doesn't walk to the spawned rope. It makes no difference if I choose to use the nearest hanging-rope or to hang him spot with a selfequipped gallows.