Bioshock 2 / Bioshock Infinite in Skyrim

mglushed

Hello, I have played Bioshock 2 and recently, Bioshock Infinite.

I love the characters. Bioshock 2 with a very cute little sister (little girl excellent voice acting) and Bioshock Infinite with the wonderful 17 year old girl named Elizabeth. Too bad Elizabeth didn't have a really good ending in that game. I wish to bring her back, alive and happy, enjoy her days killing stuff with her adorable little sister as a companion, oh and maybe she can also have a skill called "Summon Big Daddy". I think many of us Bioshock fans would love that.

post-34697-0-05356900-1364924060_thumb.jpg post-34697-0-87899700-1364924213_thumb.jpg

I have been playing with Skyrim modding a bit, but not quite enough to make this mod happen. I'm just a game programmer and I have very little knowledge about 3D modeling / editing / ripping.

Please cover the basic steps I should do to take the meshes, textures, voices, sounds, animations from Bioshock 2, Bioshock Infinite (which are built on modded Unreal Engine 3) and to get them working in Skyrim.

Thank you for reading! Any help will be greatly appreciated.

---------------------------

Update 1:

I found this thread, the guy seems to be making progress on extracting Bioshock Infinite models: http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1256964

EDIT: Dude, USE SPOILERS FOR ANYTHING THAT MAY DO INDEED JUST THAT, SPOIL IT FOR ANYONE WHO HASN'T PLAYED THE GAME, ME INCLUDED!

If you don't want to find out about the ending, don't read this post. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I can totally see the Big Daddies (Giants' animations and Songbird being Dwemer artifacts. A quest involving these guys would be legit. GW2-like underwater combat would be so cool. If help is needed with texturing at some point, that's really all I can offer :)

Upon closer inspection of the gamersky mod, it's surprisingly oddly coded. It sets up as a new race, instead of just running as an armour pack. This is hampered by conflicting code, messes everywhere, odd directories etc. I admire the work they tried to do, but I recommend noone try it, as it doesn't work at all.

If anyone understands chinese and can get the mod creator to convert it into an armour/hood pack, that'd probably be the best option, then it can be used by folk looking for this sort of thing.

• 2 months later...

Managed to get it working by cleaning it with Tes5edit and deleting two entries that were causing problems.  These two entries were marked for deletion in the creation kit but hadn't actually been deleted.  Also had to fix her height since it was set to 1/10 the player's height.  I moved her to the Winking Skeever in Solitude.  Let me know if it works. 

Elizabeth.rar

• 3 months later...

Managed to get it working by cleaning it with Tes5edit and deleting two entries that were causing problems.  These two entries were marked for deletion in the creation kit but hadn't actually been deleted.  Also had to fix her height since it was set to 1/10 the player's height.  I moved her to the Winking Skeever in Solitude.  Let me know if it works. 

Do you know why this crashes once the game loads?

I've been looking into this a bit. Basically, the mod was just amateurishly put together. A lot of dirty edits, so on. I've cleaned up most of those.

The mod used a legacy BODT record instead of BOD2, and also made a (very nasty) edit to the base NakedBody object, which I removed.

I managed to get her to "load" but only after removing her Elizabeth "gear" from her so she wouldn't try to equip it, which apparently was causing the crash. However, she still won't move her lips or eyes when speaking.

I'm going through the errors one at a time and maybe I'll be able to get it to work.

So, the head has no Tri files for the custom mesh, which is way beyond my skill at generating.

Hopefully someone with experience making custom races will one day take a look.

Maybe you should put it in the "Where can I find this mod" thread and see if anyone is up to the challenge.

• 2 years later...

Archived