Open-source tentacle fuck assets

13 minutes ago, Tyrant99 said:

Ahh, cool, these are nice. You seem to have some talent in this area.

I've tried to do a little bit of spriting work in the past but never had the patience to get good at it.

Thanks! Spriting is hard because of the limitations, but it's very rewarding when you manage to get it right. Thankfully here I had pre-existing assets (body shape and hair + face designs) to work with. I have tried making sprites from the ground up before. It was frustrating, so I have a lot of respect for 'actual' sprite artists.

18 minutes ago, Lamadi said:

Thanks! Spriting is hard because of the limitations, but it's very rewarding when you manage to get it right. Thankfully here I had pre-existing assets (body shape and hair + face designs) to work with. I have tried making sprites from the ground up before. It was frustrating, so I have a lot of respect for 'actual' sprite artists.

Yeah, I've had some interest in using sprite art in games before, as I think that as an artform it is more or less timeless, but, the many many hours that it would take to get good at it has been an obstacle.

Anyway, whatever your process for creating these, it seems like you got a good result.

16 minutes ago, Tyrant99 said:

Yeah, I've had some interest in using sprite art in games before, as I think that as an artform it is more or less timeless, but, the many many hours that it would take to get good at it has been an obstacle.

Anyway, whatever your process for creating these, it seems like you got a good result.

I appreciate it. Personally I tend to focus more on the parts I'm unhappy with, so praise from outside sources kinda goes a long way. I might return to working on these at some point, as I have a few unfinished ones.

Yeah i don't think i'll be only one saying, it's really well done stuff. It may not have any implementation yet, in-game, but i can see this being easily added to objects, or more.

Yet again i have to say, the animation is very good. It's smoothly animated, plenty of frames, and i can even tell you used the oiled up "Get rid of that Underwear" bodies as a base, which really helps.

16 minutes ago, red3dred said:

and i can even tell you used the oiled up "Get rid of that Underwear" bodies as a base, which really helps.

THANK you! It's been bothering me that I could not remember where I got the shiny body sprite parts from!

Ohhh! As the main artist working on Get Rid of That Underwear it makes me really happy to see someone using that visual style as a base for something like this! ?
And gosh yeah those are some really good animations o//o

You could totally look into some of the projects around this site and see if they need some help with spriting. I know there are a few projects working on adding monster animations, and your talent could be put to really good use for something like that! 

15 hours ago, Wigglebutt said:

Ohhh! As the main artist working on Get Rid of That Underwear it makes me really happy to see someone using that visual style as a base for something like this! ?
And gosh yeah those are some really good animations o//o

You could totally look into some of the projects around this site and see if they need some help with spriting. I know there are a few projects working on adding monster animations, and your talent could be put to really good use for something like that! 

Thanks. I'm currently not interested in continuing this, but I might pick it up to finish the WIP animations at some point. By the way, love what you did with GRoTU. The extra level of shadow / lighting really added to the sprites.

2 hours ago, Lamadi said:

Thanks. I'm currently not interested in continuing this, but I might pick it up to finish the WIP animations at some point. By the way, love what you did with GRoTU. The extra level of shadow / lighting really added to the sprites.

I always thought that cultists worshipping a big cosmic tentacle monster was a lot of untapped potential for an ambitious lovers lab mod. Maybe if one comes along some day your assets could be used for that! Or just implemented as simple placed rp objects. Either way I really hope they get implemented some time because gosh they're really great!

Glad to hear you like my work btw! I joined the team maybe a year ago and as other members dropped off I gradually took over and made my own edits. Just recently i finally managed to iron out all the old clipping issues! Along with that I also redid a lot of the bouncy animations, so if you haven't checked the mod out recently I can totally recommend giving it a go! Some time in the near-ish future I plan on expanding support for the mod to include SxB animations! Why do I do this to myself that's more than 4 new sheets per race aaaaa xD

Have you made any other contributions like this btw? If your animations are out there in any sxb mods that'd be more than enough to make me curious about them x3

3 hours ago, Wigglebutt said:

I always thought that cultists worshipping a big cosmic tentacle monster was a lot of untapped potential for an ambitious lovers lab mod. Maybe if one comes along some day your assets could be used for that! Or just implemented as simple placed rp objects. Either way I really hope they get implemented some time because gosh they're really great!

Glad to hear you like my work btw! I joined the team maybe a year ago and as other members dropped off I gradually took over and made my own edits. Just recently i finally managed to iron out all the old clipping issues! Along with that I also redid a lot of the bouncy animations, so if you haven't checked the mod out recently I can totally recommend giving it a go! Some time in the near-ish future I plan on expanding support for the mod to include SxB animations! Why do I do this to myself that's more than 4 new sheets per race aaaaa xD

Have you made any other contributions like this btw? If your animations are out there in any sxb mods that'd be more than enough to make me curious about them x3

I haven't made anything like this earlier, at least not that I've submitted. I tried making an animated custom bed that was a tank of tentacles that the player would jump into, implying the tentacles pumped them full of healing-juice or something, but the project went to shit and I quickly realized it was a bit too advanced for me.

You say you added bounce effects? I did the same thing on a custom sprite sheet (that I reverse engineered from an older version of your mod's sprite sheet actually) and I found that it clipped through almost all of the vanilla armors, so I had to edit all the clothing and armor types I intended on using, whiiiich I pretty much had to do regardless of the bouncybounce since in my sprite sheet I had added cybernetic arms and legs which didn't match with any existing pants and sleeved upper body pieces (I used the Ningen species for this, since Ningen don't have outposts or villages generating on planets (or didn't back then) thus saving me from having to see every human with severe clipping issues running around)

I actually took a look at your newest version of the human sprite, and it doesn't seem to differ too much from my own edit back in the day (bounce-wise at least, though I didn't have nipples on mine) so I'm very curious how you managed to work around the clipping issues. Impressive work!

Best of luck on the Sexbound animations. That's gonna be a tough one.

55 minutes ago, Lamadi said:

I haven't made anything like this earlier, at least not that I've submitted. I tried making an animated custom bed that was a tank of tentacles that the player would jump into, implying the tentacles pumped them full of healing-juice or something, but the project went to shit and I quickly realized it was a bit too advanced for me.

You say you added bounce effects? I did the same thing on a custom sprite sheet (that I reverse engineered from an older version of your mod's sprite sheet actually) and I found that it clipped through almost all of the vanilla armors, so I had to edit all the clothing and armor types I intended on using, whiiiich I pretty much had to do regardless of the bouncybounce since in my sprite sheet I had added cybernetic arms and legs which didn't match with any existing pants and sleeved upper body pieces (I used the Ningen species for this, since Ningen don't have outposts or villages generating on planets (or didn't back then) thus saving me from having to see every human with severe clipping issues running around)

I actually took a look at your newest version of the human sprite, and it doesn't seem to differ too much from my own edit back in the day (bounce-wise at least, though I didn't have nipples on mine) so I'm very curious how you managed to work around the clipping issues. Impressive work!

Best of luck on the Sexbound animations. That's gonna be a tough one.

I see! Well if getting stuff implemented is what's currently got you stumped, I think partnering up with someone who can handle the coding side of things is a good idea. That's essentially what I've done with Get Rid of That Underwear lol. It lets me focus on the part I know how to do, without letting the stuff I don't know how to do get in the way of my projects! ^^

Fun fact: it was the nipples specifically that made the clipping issue possible to solve xD
Letting the boobs clip 1 pixel upwards mid-bounce is totally fine, because it's only visible on outfits where the boobs actually *could* escape upwards a bit. And on covered outfits it's so subtle that if it's ever visible it's next to unnoticeable. To make that rigid animation look good I rely a lot more on the nipples to convey the actual movements, because I can do that without causing downwards clipping.

SxB support isn't necessarily gonna be tough, it's just gonna be a lot of copying and pasting of templates that I develop at the start of the project. Right now I'm distracted with a REALLY tough one. I randomly decided that I wanted to try to make an SxB patch for Kyterrans.... The one Starbound race that doesn't conform to humanoid standards in any equipment slot, so each frame needs to be drawn from scratch xD

3 hours ago, Wigglebutt said:

I see! Well if getting stuff implemented is what's currently got you stumped, I think partnering up with someone who can handle the coding side of things is a good idea. That's essentially what I've done with Get Rid of That Underwear lol. It lets me focus on the part I know how to do, without letting the stuff I don't know how to do get in the way of my projects! ^^

Fun fact: it was the nipples specifically that made the clipping issue possible to solve xD
Letting the boobs clip 1 pixel upwards mid-bounce is totally fine, because it's only visible on outfits where the boobs actually *could* escape upwards a bit. And on covered outfits it's so subtle that if it's ever visible it's next to unnoticeable. To make that rigid animation look good I rely a lot more on the nipples to convey the actual movements, because I can do that without causing downwards clipping.

SxB support isn't necessarily gonna be tough, it's just gonna be a lot of copying and pasting of templates that I develop at the start of the project. Right now I'm distracted with a REALLY tough one. I randomly decided that I wanted to try to make an SxB patch for Kyterrans.... The one Starbound race that doesn't conform to humanoid standards in any equipment slot, so each frame needs to be drawn from scratch xD

Currently the main thing preventing me is the fact that Cyberpunk 2077 exists and I want to play it. Other than that it's that I quickly get tired of Starbound. To me it's like Minecraft in a way, primarily how I find both basically unplayable without mods. I dislike the music, soulless character expressions, boring and dumb monster designs, etc. Mods offer fixes to nearly all of these issues (haven't found a good music mod yet, so I either turn music off or put something on in the background) though there's still something that makes me lose interest in the game, yet something that always makes me come back after a while. I personally find Terraria more fun in almost every way, except that it's much harder to mod, has smaller sprite resolution (thus making me feel even more of a creep trying to figure out ways to make adult sprites for it, which I never did for the record) If it wasn't for Starbound's modding community, the game would be completely dead at this point, and I love that the devs have allowed us all to forge our own gameplay experiences as we please.

Personally I always thought that nipples were a redundant asset with such small sprite resolution. I find it interesting how you managed to both use them to convey motion, as well as make them look...not stupid, unlike most other mods that add nipples to the sprite sheet. Next time I play, I will definitely use your sprite sheet. Or a personal custom version of it, but that depends on whether or not I feel the need to play with cybernetic limbs at that time, which given what Cyberpunk is currently doing to me, is not entirely implausible.

By the way, there are unused areas on the sprite sheets as the climbing animations were never utilized. Any chance those spaces could be used for sex positions? I had this idea a couple years ago when I made the first couple sprites for this (I didn't take two years to make the rest, I just had a break from the game due to life reasons) since figuring out how to pull it off would allow for some freedom with these sprites since much data would be pulled from the player sprite sheet. Skin color, hair and hair color would be sampled from there, requiring less resources to be made for the actual animation, and each body position could be made compatible with several different tentacle animations. So these could potentially become interactive objects or traps that pull the player or NPCs in.

Just a thought, but I have no idea if it's even possible.

56 minutes ago, Lamadi said:

Oh trust me I have the same love/hate relationship with the game! It got even more intense after I realized how awful the lead dev of Frackin Universe is xD
I'd never play SB solo, but it's a great social experience! I'm fine with the base game's content being trash as long as there are mods to fill the void, and I don't think that void has ever been quite as filled as it has with SB, except for possibly Skyrim lol. I only wish that the game had been left in a more optimized state. I always start runs, and get demotivated when I've finished half the base and the game is already chugging when its on screen :P

And as someone who in a particularly bleak moment of her artist career attempted to make lewd Terraria sprites: good, you don't wanna go down that path. GOD the Terraria sprites are ugly. Solid black outlines? -AND even lower resolution? Yeahhh no.

I hope to set Get Rid of That Underwear apart specifically for the fact that it's a mod that removes underwear but also makes an effort to detail what's beneath despite the low resolution! It was a lot of work to get it right so far, but I think it's put us in a pretty good position for SxB compat later down the line ^^

As for the climbing sprites, I've always wondered similar things, but I'd caution that very few modders will bother to even add/change them, and I don't know of any mod that calls upon them in-game. No idea if it's even possible or not, or how much you'd have to build that from the ground up. The main issue would then become that everything from clothes to hair styles all neglect that animation set.

If you're looking for more poses I'd recommend just using the ones SxB has to offer. There are 14-ish different poses to add to the ones that the base game has available. -With the added feature that if you ever wanted to implement something, you could actually animate it with NPC's and players in mind ^^

• 3 months later...

Static wall-mounted sprites 2/2

823937352_wall12l.png.bb85b83c1b37ddba2fb3e656267494c5.png300956524_wall12d.png.c5fe51c49ffe1527b993e56164263989.png1343823002_wall12b.png.70657c0838adfb418c3545907559c3b0.png1203226414_wall11l.png.52bd43084f6191107b8268f45b42da98.png590146963_wall11d.png.4a0686181fec89bb01cf2f30daaebb9d.png292397299_wall11b.png.64d48431974c93d5458b5ece8484eca8.png1891922990_wall10l.png.6ee7767bab5dc57c2b82074f7d6faf83.png107503677_wall10d.png.b16f6ae55a581dc123532747b0f39c8e.png785483517_wall10b.png.4db0161f951b8a93d49bc4c1bc1c48b7.png847577002_wall9l.png.a62395b931a0e74c11d183edd2257284.png1122314888_wall9d.png.dd1d29f70bf639dc898c540696353a03.png405633459_wall9b.png.f87face37554e54f18c6a7e545426f2e.png1423982351_wall8l.png.599d85d0e4f90a4c7f91f24b3f796165.png235461576_wall8d.png.f148e560baafb77412e815a3148d75bd.png315540456_wall8b.png.3bcc3348ac0ab5f57d8b00e001936c76.png1431293634_wall7l.png.2232d5259062a1e02b0699feafd30556.png2027528363_wall7d.png.b03fe6ac8d61bea9533b2ab7d3e19d88.png1568872404_wall7b.png.25fe62d32f393222471f1601cef7d3d3.png

Because I apparently can only have 20 files in each post, despite having many more in the first post.

These were originally assets intended for usage in animations, but they work well on their own.

• 3 months later...

Hey i've lways been interested in pixel art but couldn't ever really get into it.  As a kid i used to make static images but never animation.  As i am now studying animation i kinda wanted to get into it.  So i was wondering what your process is for making this.  Mostly the technical aspect of it.  Anything to watch out for?

On 7/18/2021 at 1:05 PM, B0ukensha said:

Hey i've lways been interested in pixel art but couldn't ever really get into it.  As a kid i used to make static images but never animation.  As i am now studying animation i kinda wanted to get into it.  So i was wondering what your process is for making this.  Mostly the technical aspect of it.  Anything to watch out for?

Hm... I'm afraid I don't have much advice. I started making stills of human sprites in different positions so I had some bases to work from. I then make the tentacle animations with each tentacle in a different color, and then fill in the details (outline and shading) frame by frame afterwards.

I recommend you have every piece of the human body on different layers (assuming you work on Photoshop or a similar program) such as head, breasts, upper, and lower body. Parts that will bounce and distort through the animation individually. If you have the entire figure be a single object, you will have to edit everything frame by frame. If you have an animation that requires only the head and breasts to move for instance, then you separate those parts from the sprite and have them in the foreground with the main animation, and have the rest of the body as a backdrop. It will be unnoticeable in the end product, and will be a lot easier to work on. Maintaining a good structure in your projects is a great way to keep a decent workflow.

20 hours ago, Locuturus said:

Interesting! These assets are very good, and I could totally see these being randomly spawned in biomes and dungeons. If anyone needs help to get started with these assets. You can ask for help.

We already have a mod for these over here: 

Though it doesn't make the sprites spawn in biomes. Also I am having PC problems at the moment and development of new assets are on hold for now.

Appreciate the offer of assistance though. Might take you up on that once I get back to working on it :)

Edited by Lamadi

Hey Lamadi, I accidentally stepped in the potent tentacle secretion. Is there ANY way to get my character back the ability to put on visible clothing?

... ok, never mind. It's weird. I had to completely leave the game. load back in. then remove all my characters clothing. Then teleport to another location. then put the close back on to get it to restore my characters clothes. Not sure what caused it. most likely a glitch. Unless it has a time limit on the effect that's just not showing up under the characters status bars. If that is the case may I suggest adding that to the mod. and if that's not the case we can just chalk this up as either a conflict with another mod on my end, or just plane user error.

Edited by Shiggles&Gits
On 7/22/2021 at 5:54 AM, Shiggles&Gits said:

Hey Lamadi, I accidentally stepped in the potent tentacle secretion. Is there ANY way to get my character back the ability to put on visible clothing?

... ok, never mind. It's weird. I had to completely leave the game. load back in. then remove all my characters clothing. Then teleport to another location. then put the close back on to get it to restore my characters clothes. Not sure what caused it. most likely a glitch. Unless it has a time limit on the effect that's just not showing up under the characters status bars. If that is the case may I suggest adding that to the mod. and if that's not the case we can just chalk this up as either a conflict with another mod on my end, or just plane user error.

It has a 20 minute time limit. The reason it doesn't show up is because it's the same status effect that triggers when using a bed which removes your clothes, and that status effect does not show up in vanilla either, but it's there.

Also, this is just the thread for the assets I made which Onionknighto turned into the initial mod. I'm not adding more sprites to this topic for the time being.

Edited by Lamadi