Best and Active Sex mod for Sims 3

The two you'll find around here are Passion and Kinkyworld.  The easiest way to compare them will be to just list their pros and cons.

Passion:

Pros

-Basically a new version of Animated Woohoo, it can use any animations from AW or KW, so it has a huge number of possible animations.

-Is regularly updated.

-Integrates into base game functions.  Romantic interactions can spark Passion interactions, Passion interactions can lead to pregnancy (and diseases if enabled, and condoms are not used.  Both of those things are optional), sex can affect relationships and polyamory is as simple as enabling it in settings, so as long as everyone involved has a romantic relationship with each other there'll be no jealousy.

-Allows... relations between teens and adults, as well as between family members.

-Lightweight, it doesn't impact your game's stability or framerate too much.

-Autonomous chances cause interactions to occur with reasonable frequency both in your active household and around town.  You'll be notified when it happens.

-Comes with an optional addon that adds a new kind of service sim.  The sexy kind.

-You can put together custom animation sequences and play those when you want to rather than randomly moving between animations.  This is good for if you have specific animations you like to see and can be used to set up a whole progression of sex from start to finish.

Cons

-Relatively few features.  It's job is to animate sex.

-Has a good few supporting mods that it requires to function, honestly almost as many as Kinkyworld does, so it's still going to be a good few files.

-If you're not using an animation sequence, it'll generally move between animations with no real rhyme or reason.  This can be turned off, of course, but it won't really simulate a whole sexual experience

-From a personal standpoint, I had trouble getting it to work properly.  I don't know if it's just because I was stupid and couldn't find something or if others have had similar issues.

Kinkyworld

This one's long.

Pros

-Does everything Passion does except for eliminating jealousy by relationship.

-Opens up some rabbit holes by allowing you to place a functional "high school" into your town, which will work similarly to the University expansion college classes.  Good for roleplay and easily directing your teen sims to help them form relationships and have their own little adventures while they work around their schooling.  This requires a building with appropriate features, you can either download one from this site or make one yourself, instructions are pretty easy to follow.

-Sex skill, but beyond being more likely to have good buffs from having sex I don't know what it actually does, or if it's a finished feature.

-Stage progression.  During an interaction, your characters may move to the next logical stage.  This can be set to automatically change, and sims will just do what they're alright with depending on autonomy, or you can set it to prompt you whether the stage should progress.  For instance, you could start with oral, then after a while it may prompt you that a sim involved wants to keep going and ask if you'd like to progress to vaginal.  You can also turn this off entirely, and just manually choose when or if anything changes.  No custom sequences like in Passion, however.

-Prostitution.  Hookers can be spawned by the game from time to time or the player's sims can take it up themselves. It lets you set your exact rates for everything yourself, so you can make you job as hard or easy as you want.  Hook ups can happen in a number of places, including "hotels", which are usually pretty safe from prying eyes.  Related to this is the ability to make a strip club or brothel, and to become the manager of said brothel.  I haven't used this feature much so I don't know how finished it is, last I heard I think it had some work left before it was totally working.  Like the high schools, the strip club, brothel and hotel features require an appropriate building, but again are easy to make.

-Bestiality.  This one is either a pro or con depending on how you feel about that subject, but it can be toggled on or off and is off by default for in case you're not into that, so I'm listing it as a pro because it's another feature in case you want it.  This feature supports dogs and horses, and integrates into pregnancy.  There's options for impregnated sims to give birth to animals, or integrate again into Supernatural and birth werewolf children, or if knocked up by a unicorn, fairy children.

-Drugs.  KW adds a number of drugs and drug paraphernalia to the game.  I have yet to use this feature so I don't know how robust it is, but you can find cannabis seeds in the world just like any other, grow them like normal plants and sell or use for yourself.

-Rape.  Again, another con if you don't like it, again it is off by default, and again I include it in this section because it's a feature.  Game will occasionally send a sim to assault another, this generally occurs at night and off of home lots.  Has settings for the frequency of this happening, whether attackers should be restricted by gender or not and whether assault should always be straight, gay or anything.  It will choose appropriately rough animations, affect relationships and result in unique moodlets for both sims involved, which can be affected by some personality traits.  Whether a rapist succeeds in assaulting their victim depends on the outcome of a brief tussle where the aggressor and victims athletics skills are compared.  World Adventure also factors in martial arts skill for a little added depth.

-Traits.  KW adds a number of traits to the game that can affect your sims and their approaches to sex.  Make them nymphomaniacs, masochists, sex averse, cuckolds, rapists, incestuous or voyeurs by personality.  Also integrates into traits from in game, sims with Pets traits are much more open to bestiality with their chosen animal than others (again only dogs or horses).  I think there were a few other interactions but I don't remember them right now.  You're also prompted to choose up to three "Kinky Traits" in game, these are generally what physical features your characters are attracted to, including boobs, butts, dicks, futa, muscular, tattoos, body hair, age and so on.

-Police.  This is the counter to all that extremely illegal shit I was talking about before.  Police will try to intervene in prostitution and rape, and I think also drug deals and things.  If the perpetrator is caught they are jailed for a length of time, player sims might be fined as well?  I haven't had any of my sims arrested because I'm not that exciting, so I don't know for certain.

-Fertility system.  I personally don't much like this because sims settings don't usually have them live long enough for this system to really shine, in a standard lifespan female sims have maybe a dozen cycles, and it sort of puts a time restriction on when you can have kids.  HOWEVER, it is also a great way to keep your promiscuous sims from getting pregnant, as it gives you a warning moodlet during fertile periods.  There are condoms and birth control pills, and you can even place condom dispensers, good additions for your brothel/strip club.  Newer versions have a "fertility map" that shows which women are ovulating, and vampire sims can find sims on their periods and get a small buff from interacting with them, I think.  There's also options at the hospital to have your sims medically sterilized temporarily or permanently.  Pregnant sims can also get abortions, I think.  The duration of the menstrual cycle will automatically adjust depending on your lifespan settings, can be altered manually for if you want cycles to be faster or slower, or pregnancy via Kinkyworld interactions can be disabled entirely.  You can also adjust the chances of conception and lifespan of sperm in the womb.  Finally, you can chance the duration of pregnancy.  This feature is good for playing sims with very long lifespans or with ageing turned off as it lets you basically choose the level or realism you want for this kind of thing.  Tenuously related, diseases are also an option in this mod, and will be affected by condoms.  Condoms can have a chance to break as well, which can be adjusted or turned off entirely.

Man that was a big list.

Cons

-Unfinished.  Kinkyworld has been in development for many years and still doesn't have all the features and functions it's one day supposed to.

-Updates are few and far between.  Oniki, the creator of Kinkyworld, began releasing public updates more slowly as time went on, owing in their words to difficulty with the community, especially where said updates were concerned.  Their patreon continued to provide updates for patrons, and the patreon version is now a good number of updates ahead.  Unfortunately this means an up to date Kinkyworld is only available to patrons currently.  The current public release of KW still has nearly all the features I mentioned before, just lacking a couple newer ones, or a little more in the way of bugs.  Since Oniki started a new project, KW has fallen by the wayside, and updates aren't as likely, free or patron, as they once were.

-Speaking of bugs, a mod this complex maintained by a single person is going to have bugs.  Somewhere, something will break.  I rarely have any real issues, but it's good to keep in mind.

-This is a big, intensive mod and it can be taxing on your computer, especially if you have your settings trying to run interactions across your whole town all the time.  Tweaking your autonomy and making sex too common, as well as running high school and brothel feature, will put more strain on your system.  This one is something I do notice, as my poor defenseless computer is reaching the end of its lifespan.

-Like with Passion, it requires a lot of other mods to work.  Don't use either of these if you don't want to increase your number of mods too much.

-I mentioned jealousy before, unlike Passion, KW doesn't have an incredibly graceful way to implement polyamory.  I think poly is a trait or reward trait, and it will only affect the sim that has it, in that the sim with the trait won't get jealous of their partners.  Everyone involved in the poly relationship needs the trait or jealousy occurs in those without it.  I think you can turn jealousy off entirely, but then you have a whole free love world where no relationship drama ever happens.  That might be a pro depending on your opinion, but I've put it as a con just because there's no easy way to set poly/jealousy without jumping through hoops or having an all or nothing deal.

-Settings.  There's a lot of them, and they can be kind of hard to navigate at times.  Most of it's straightforward, but some are presented in a way that can be confusing.  For instance, sims can take nudes of themselves.  The setting "Naked Selfie Creation" has three options.  High, Low or None.  You would think this would affect the frequency that sims do this autonomously.  It affects the photo quality of the selfies.  Choosing None will make naked selfies appear as grey squares rather than an image.  Some settings just take a little figuring out, is the point.

-Not compatible with some Nraas features.  Overwatch, mostly, I think.  Sims will sometimes be reported as "stuck" when they are in KW interactions and be reset, which is a little jarring.  Imagine if you were in the middle of a session of passionate lovemaking with your significant other and suddenly you both appeared a short distance away, standing upright in your living room with no explanation.  That's kind of what it does.  You can disable the resetting stuck sims option in Overwatch but then if someone actually gets stuck they just kind of stay there until you track them down and reset them yourself.  In some worlds this happens much more frequently than others and you might end up spending a lot of time resetting sims.  There's also an incompatibility regarding outfits that I think comes back to Errortrap?  These are listed on Kinkyworld's page though, so you can find exactly what you need.

-A whole extra bulletpoint to keep talking about Nraas.  I don't use Nraas Story Progression or Woohooer with Kinkyworld either.  Between them, your game can really start to struggle, and the Kinkyworld can fight the others trying to direct non-player sims to do things.  Kinkyworld can already be used to do a lot of what Woohooer does anyway, so they'll conflict.  Story Progression and Kinkyworld CAN be used together, but they might not always play nice, so it's probably safer to just use one or the other.

If you read all that, you should have a good idea of what both have to offer.

If you didn't, the long and short of it is Passion is maintained more often but is almost purely a sex animation player and is easier on your computer, Kinkyworld has a lot more in it that just playing animations but it doesn't get updated much and might be less stable.

• 1 month later...

I actually have both in my game and they don't seem to conflict. Of course, KW is so much more expansive. 
I only hate public bangings and naked sims running around town. With Passion sims don't bang in public that often, but with KW it happens always and I still haven't found a way to completely disable it without compromising townie's whoowhoo at all (or I am just stupid and can't figure something out). 
Passion is safer option while KW is huge and breaks the game time to time. I notice with KW my game tends to crash time to time randomly. 

11 hours ago, exlibrisas said:

don't seem to conflict

They conflict definitely on certain functions but this must not always lead to game crashes. More you face unwanted or a not logical behavior of the game.

So, to use both mods in one game is not recommended and written here in the forum 1000 times......

11 hours ago, exlibrisas said:

With Passion sims don't bang in public that often

If you have run a game with passion only, this can be switched off in the options. In KW you can not avoid it as far as I know. 

14 hours ago, Clydie said:

In KW you can not avoid it as far as I know.

The privacy settings in KW work for me. Off is what you expect. Exhibition based (player set value) slows it a lot unless one has many Sims with a level exceeding the value set. Default has them looking for a private area in my game. Because it works for me, I find myself creating broom closets, gated/fenced areas, and other ways for them to get Kinky.

Many people forget there are other ways to try and control it, like the Woohooless trait - Unflirty can help a little. Never nude... Use the tools the game has.

19 hours ago, landess said:

The privacy settings in KW work for me. Off is what you expect. Exhibition based (player set value) slows it a lot unless one has many Sims with a level exceeding the value set. Default has them looking for a private area in my game. Because it works for me, I find myself creating broom closets, gated/fenced areas, and other ways for them to get Kinky.

I tried paying attention to this during my latest plays and was convinced it only affects my sim (the exhibition label and setting a value.) If my sim was say level 3 and I set it to 6, my sim would do the usual "somewhat might see" etc... But npc sims were having sex on the floor in the middle of a crowd with 0 exhibition skill lol. 

But I never thought to try default, so I will set it there and see how things go.

On 1/25/2021 at 7:19 AM, landess said:

Default has them looking for a private area in my game.

Although I believe you refer to the exhibition settings, it should be noted that the post on the KW thread states that the "0" autonomy setting had not been implemented at that time... And with the way things go, unless there's a changelog somewhere saying it was, it probably never got done.

Console commands:
+oniki.kinkymod.enabledebug [true|false] : Enable debug interactions
+oniki.kinkymod.enableteen [true|false] : Enable interactions for teen
+oniki.kinkymod.autonomylevel [0|1|2] : 2 is the highest (default) autonomy level. The controled sim can refuse to do user directed interactions. 1 : EA standard autonomy. 0 : No autonomous interaction (not implemented yet).
1 hour ago, LadySmoks said:

I believe you refer to the exhibition settings,

No, I refer to the privacy settings.

Privacy.png.732a999ecadefb1b28b76451b0e824d3.png

Now with newer versions of Kinky world: there IS an option in the story progression tab dedicated to exhibition. This may have been implemented as an answer to the situation mentioned by many.

112229059_KWSPEXsettings.png.1f3d3990d062a10994ba054aa0e309a9.png

It would appear this option flags the exhibition feature for specific 'Kinky World Castes' a lot like NRaas also uses the caste system in their SP. While KW does simplify it, it appears the grouping should be acceptable for most players.

All: default/everyone uses this feature

Disabled: Bye-bye feature

Selectable: Active and inactive Sims only

Non-selectable: NPC's only

Active household: Duh!

It's probably a good Idea for me to also get this information in a more 'visible location'......

>>>> This 'new' menu of selectable Sim castes will still need the other Privacy menu to be considered as well - they are both simple tuning instructions for the mod to handle the exhibition feature.

Lastly: While KW woohoo does occur 'regardless' of exhibition settings, I have no facts concerning how exhibition completely affects the KW scripting for Woohoo. Obviously we have seen examples like 'we might be seen/can't do that here' as an indicator that the 2 features are linked, as well as my personal experience of watching Sim go find a private area before the animations start.

Given this, there are many connections - although some may 'not be' or are flagged to 'ignore' the exhibition feature. As with everything 'KW', there seems to be more questions than answers - especially when players are unable to all have the same experience.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I wanted to add, just beneath the exhibition option is a woohoo option. IF it is identical to the options for exhibition, then this could also be a filter for 'unwanted public woohoo. Since it's in the story progression menu - I don't believe it affects anything else like whore/selectable for woohoo - just autonomous woohoo. Anyone with a newer version will have to test for themselves. Adding the concept of KW pregnancy to the mix and what 'is and isn't' becomes much more convoluted.

Some good info there. I would add, from what I have seen, setting the KW autonomy to 0 stops all sims, or at least npc's from engaging in KW activities. 

Or maybe it is just coincidence ?

I get tired of the spamming the npc's do with asking others to show boobs/bottom, or demanding others to remove clothing and when I change this setting to 0, all 

of that stops. I tried messing with tuning's but no luck so far, trying to make it less male on female dominant. I'll have to look in the KW story progression settings 

as I don't think I have ever even looked at it.