There's an old thread and some old files and some old advice that I'm not sure is entirely relevant anymore, based on my limited poking around, so here's a new thread to ask:

Ā 

How do I get current versions of IKAROS (1.2, https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/48237) working with current versions of AAF? (154b)?

Ā 

It seems like the file structure of the XMLs have changed, so maybe I don't have to edit existing XML files?Ā  While I know basic usage of xEdit, I don't know what values to pull from where for the race values.

I got it working in Fallout 4 by adding the following line into the AAF_raceData_Fallout4.xml file just below the human race.

<race id="Ikaros" source="IKAROS-Androids.esp" form="01000F99"/>

I then created a new file called AAF_actorTypeData_Ikaros.xml and added the following XML.

<meta title="AAF_actorTypeData_IKAROS.xml" version="1.0" dataSet="actorType"/>
<defaults source="IKAROS-Androids.esp" loadPriority="-1"/>

<!-- Keyword(s) to use for actor scan. -->

<!-- Ikaros -->
<group id="Ikaros">
<actorType form="01000F99" id="ActorTypeHuman" />
</group>

Using animations via the AAF interface doesn't work for me as it doesn't find the player on a scan of nearby actor types but the animations work fine when Sex Em Up or Violate triggers the animation.

On 12/1/2020 at 4:58 AM, lofthousenumpty said:

I got it working in Fallout 4 by adding the following line into the AAF_raceData_Fallout4.xml file just below the human race.

<race id="Ikaros" source="IKAROS-Androids.esp" form="01000F99"/>

I then created a new file called AAF_actorTypeData_Ikaros.xml and added the following XML.

<!-- Ikaros -->
<group id="Ikaros">
<actorType form="01000F99" id="ActorTypeHuman" />
</group>

Using animations via the AAF interface doesn't work for me as it doesn't find the player on a scan of nearby actor types but the animations work fine when Sex Em Up or Violate triggers the animation.

Ā 

Thank you - yes, that's been my experience so far, the AAF interface does not detect me as a valid target, so I assumed it was not working at all.Ā  So is that an actual AAF issue, or is it an incomplete configuration?Ā 

Ā 

I'll test with some other mods and see how that works out.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/13/2020 at 3:57 AM, dagobaking said:

It looks like the actorTypeData XML here would be redundant since AAF already scans for human characters.

Ā 

To detect Ikaros characters you would need to add a keywordĀ  that is on every Ikaros character. IIRC this is a robot...

Thanks, but, I don't really know what that means or how to go about it.Ā  Where am I adding a keyword?Ā  What keyword am I adding?Ā  What's the formatting?

Ā 

If I get a fully working AAF-Ikaros setup I'll package it as an installable thingy for other users, which should avoid further questions in the future... until AAF and/or Ikaros changes, at least.

Ā 

I scanned the esp file with FO4Edit and it looks like the keyword for the IKAROS race is simply ActorTypeIKAROS. Replacing the ActorTypeHuman keyword on the actortypeData-IKAROS file with ActorTypeIKAROS doesn't seem to work for me, though.

I also noticed that (most of) the other lines on the Fallout 4 raceData file also include a skeleton tag. Would we also have to add one for IKAROS?

EDIT: Also, dagobaking, you mentioned a patch for IKAROS. Do you know where this patch can be found, or is it included in the mod?

So, I think I've fixed it on my end, and here's how:

I still had files in the fallout 4 data folder from when I used Vortex for my mods. Now I'm using Mod Manager 2, which I assume just loads the files from it's directory when you start the game from it. So I experimented with deleting all the files in the Fallout Data folderĀ that I recognised to be for mods, AAF included, and running the game. Now my IKAROS character shows up on the actor scan and I was able to run an animation on her! AAF must have got confused with files from both the data folder and the files from MO2.
Not sure if this works for you, but you can try it out. Word of caution: when you delete the files, don't empty the recycling bin until you've confirmed that nothing broke when you run the game. That way, if it does break, you can just restore the files. It didn't break for me when I deleted the files, but best to err on the side of caution regardless.

Ā 

<!-- Ikaros -->
<group id="Ikaros">
<actorType form="00F99" id="ActorTypeHuman" raceList="IKAROSRace"/>
</group>

AAF doesn't complain with it like this, but without the companion addon, it won't list, but does list the person for stats.Ā  Fairly sure that is how it needs to be set.

Ā 

GuruSR.

Has anyone got this to work yet? I basically copied from the servitron xml sets and changed it to ikaros here is mine:

Ā 

<meta title="AAF_raceData_ikaros.xml" version="1.0" dataSet="race"/>
<defaults source="IKAROS-Androids.esp" skeleton="Human" maleSWF="AAF_ActorIcon_M.swf" femaleSWF="AAF_ActorIcon_F.swf" loadPriority="-1"/>

<race id="IKAROSRace" form="F99"/>

Ā 

<meta title="AAF_actorTypeData_ikaros.xml" version="1.0" dataSet="actorType"/>
<defaults source="Fallout4.esm" loadPriority="-1"/>

<!-- Ikaros -->
<group id="IKAROSRace">
   <actorType form="2CB72" id="ActorTypeHuman" raceList="IKAROSRace"/>
</group>

But this doesn't seem to work. Any suggestion? I tried making the actortype form F99 but it didn't work and can't find other people

Some help for those still stuck:

I found the patch that dagobaking mentioned, which is basically the AAF files you need to use for the menu to identify your IKAROS character. It was in a forum post on NexusMods here:

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/48237/?tab=forum&topic_id=9309893

Just download the zip from the link provided in the forum post and install it using whatever mod manager you use (I personally use MO2).

That should help!

On 1/14/2021 at 8:15 AM, Adamskelecoot said:

Some help for those still stuck:

I found the patch that dagobaking mentioned, which is basically the AAF files you need to use for the menu to identify your IKAROS character. It was in a forum post on NexusMods here:

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/48237/?tab=forum&topic_id=9309893

Just download the zip from the link provided in the forum post and install it using whatever mod manager you use (I personally use MO2).

That should help!

Ā 

THANK YOU THIS FIXED MY PROBLEM AND WORKS!

• 5 months later...
13 hours ago, Muyoko83 said:

yeah i cant download it cause it got changed into hidden can i have the link to the zip file please?

TrophiHunter is currently building a new website to host Ikaros and their other files. I think have to be patient til that is ready...

On 7/9/2021 at 5:15 PM, ebbluminous said:

TrophiHunter is currently building a new website to host Ikaros and their other files. I think have to be patient til that is ready...

There a update for the hidden link or not ? i want too dl the modĀ 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2021 at 8:30 AM, Arthenon said:

For those that have the mod... Which version do you have? SinceĀ TrophiHunter hid his mod, anybody willing to share it with us that don't have it?

TIA

If you haven't found it by now I have found it located on the discord linked on TrophiHunter's new website, the discord link is at the very bottom of the page but I do find it odd it is not included in the base patches download on the website. I'll also just put the file here if no one wants to go to the discord. It worked fine installing with vortex, but you could also just drop the files in the AAF folder
https://www.trophihunter.com/mods-data/ikaros-androids

AAF.rar