A Milky Life

View File

A Milky Life

SE version is available in the downloads. - thanks to fred200 for porting to SE

Another mod along the lines of Elsie LaVache and The Milk Maid. This one has no forced player involvement. Oh, the player can BE involved and that's kinda the point, but the player initiates interaction ... with the player. NPCs affected by this mod will gain some autonomy but will only interact with other NPCs unless the player addresses them.

After installation your follower will tell you she has something to tell you. This is triggered when she idles so if you have something that stops a follower from idling, turn that crap off.

If you drop this into an existing game and already have more than one follower, whoever idles first will trigger the line about having something to tell you. Once the line is triggered you can actually go to a different follower to continue with "You have something you need to tell me?". This follower goes into an alias MainMaid. She's the one that will continue the quest lines.

There are several stages to this conversation so pay attention to what's being said. Talk to her again and again. I quest called Learning will start and when that completes, you're ready to move on.

Pets:

The quest will allow you to keep pets, but in order to do that you have to complete a quest called The Pet. To start it, you recruit another follower (or dismiss a current follower and re-recruit them) and tell them you're glad they decided to join you. This follower should NOT already be a milkmaid. Then you have 2 choices... "We're working on something..." will start a sequence to simply add them as a milkmaid. "You seem like the loyal type.." will start The Pet quest. My mods are more about dialogue than clues so you won't find anything in the quest log. You have to discover stuff. You do this by talking to the people involved. The Pet and your Main Maid. When you get past the point where you've discovered what the pet likes to eat (and even THAT has a little surprise), then the manipulation of pets should be completely available.

Cows:

Don't forget to talk to your partner about cows. Which opens up the ability to create cows. Cows are autonomous in that they will carry on their normal lives.... naked... and occasionally solicit milking from other NPCs (not the player) or be solicited by other NPCs. Cows are a bit more promiscuous than milk maids because a cow needs to be pregnant to make milk so... sometimes they solicit something other than milking.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    11/22/2020
  • Category
  • Requires
    Milk Mod Economy, SexLab, Skyrim
  • Special Edition Compatible
    No

Hello! I have to say, i never heard of other two mods, i only look them up now. Can you give a little more spoiler what is happening in this mod?

I less interest in making other NPC milk maid or interact with, like Elsie LaVache sound like, but would like more interesting stuff happen with my character being milk maid...

is this or "the milk maid" mod be interesting for me? is it maybe similar to "being a cow", as it center around the player most?

thank you and sorry for picky questions! :D 

4 minutes ago, handsandarrows said:

Hello! I have to say, i never heard of other two mods, i only look them up now. Can you give a little more spoiler what is happening in this mod?

I less interest in making other NPC milk maid or interact with, like Elsie LaVache sound like, but would like more interesting stuff happen with my character being milk maid...

is this or "the milk maid" mod be interesting for me? is it maybe similar to "being a cow", as it center around the player most?

thank you and sorry for picky questions! :D 

The Milk Maid was written for female player character. The others are more for male character.

On the SE conversion:

SSEEdit finds no errors in the LE ESP. SE uses that ESP, unmodified. So form 43, not 44. It really makes no difference.

If anyone knows of any reason to convert it to form 44, let me know.

But going forward, it really is convenient being able to use the LE ESP directly.

The SE converted mod itself seems to work perfectly. No alias problems or other oddities.

Chajapa's usual perfect dialogs.

Excuse me - my pet is calling... (Sophia - main maid. Mirai - Pet. Well, she is a bit of a waifu...)

I did a quick run through yesterday and this has all the potential to be another really fun mod.  One thing I'd suggest.  Right now a lot of the dialog options lead to events or dialog between either the player and the NPC or two NPC which the player has no control over.  The main problem is that none of that prevents the player from talking or otherwise interacting with the NPC in the middle of that and there needs to be.  Otherwise you can get some odd results and possible CTDs as result of conflicts (which happened to me twice).

Example, I talked to an NPC on a farm and not knowing what the dialog did made her a milk maid, but because of some script lag there was a delay and so I tried another dialog and in the middle of her becoming a milk maid she also became a cow... so now she was a milk cow maid or... something.  Once one of those "processes" has begun that needs to block the others to prevent that sort of thing from happening.

The other thing I'll point out is that after having Illia become my main milk maid the next morning she does this cute thing where she posses and says something about loving the cool morning air on her nipples.  What spoiled it is that it seems like she should have been naked and she was in fact fully dressed.  So adding in some scripting to undress and redress her would complete that lil scene.

Great idea for a mod though!  Lot of funny stuff in this one.   ?

1 hour ago, EinarrTheRed said:

I did a quick run through yesterday and this has all the potential to be another really fun mod.  One thing I'd suggest.  Right now a lot of the dialog options lead to events or dialog between either the player and the NPC or two NPC which the player has no control over.  The main problem is that none of that prevents the player from talking or otherwise interacting with the NPC in the middle of that and there needs to be.  Otherwise you can get some odd results and possible CTDs as result of conflicts (which happened to me twice).

Example, I talked to an NPC on a farm and not knowing what the dialog did made her a milk maid, but because of some script lag there was a delay and so I tried another dialog and in the middle of her becoming a milk maid she also became a cow... so now she was a milk cow maid or... something.  Once one of those "processes" has begun that needs to block the others to prevent that sort of thing from happening.

The other thing I'll point out is that after having Illia become my main milk maid the next morning she does this cute thing where she posses and says something about loving the cool morning air on her nipples.  What spoiled it is that it seems like she should have been naked and she was in fact fully dressed.  So adding in some scripting to undress and redress her would complete that lil scene.

Great idea for a mod though!  Lot of funny stuff in this one.   ?

I've wrestled with trying to find a condition that will prevent "B" from happening if "A" is in progress. For some things, because much of what happens is in scenes, I can say "don't run "B" scene if "A" scene is running, but I've often run into that type of condition stopping other stuff it shouldn't be stopping and have yet to figure out why. CK and conditioning makes me nuts. I tried to keep this mod a little simpler. Complex conditioning is one of the reasons that the Elsie LaVache mod will sometimes have the wrong name for the person you're addressing. There is a tiny scriptlet that fires on greeting and it appears that it sometimes doesn't complete before the dialogue is displayed. Tabbing out and initiating dialogue a second time immediately gets the name correct. It's frustrating. :D
Cows are a faction

Pet Cows are another faction

NPCs belonging to either one of those can also be in a faction depending on the size of their endowment (Tea Cups, Big Cow, Really Big Cow)

MilkMaids are not factioned within A Milky Life, but ARE using MME's Milk Maid Faction. So it is possible to have a cow that's a milk maid, a pet cow that's a milk maid, or just a milk maid. Interactions are happening due to Dialogue Events in the Story Manager. So a cow that's a milk maid may use either a cow interaction or a milkmaid interaction. Each even passes event data to the next event until it finds matching criteria (Cow greets male, female greets cow, pet greets female, etc), so the order in which the events are placed in the stack patially determines which interaction they'll have. I say partially because each event has a time set before it can happen again. So if a Cow who is a milkmaid has already used the "cow to male" event, and the timer hasn't expired to let it happen again, she may be involved in a "NPC to Milkmaid" or "Milkmaid to NPC" event because she qualifies both as a cow and as a milkmaid... So... order of events, timing, and then there's conditioning on each event. 

See? Easy, right?

That idea about having her strip before her morning comment is good. I might use that. I use ABBA and she's usually horny in the morning and has already taken her top off so I never really noticed she was dressed :D

That my game is old, and currently has some script lag from script heavy mods didn't help any.  That's not your fault, but it is likely to be an all to common issue because... we all do it. ?  I wish I could offer some advice on how to address it, but I'm just learning about some of that myself.

At the time I had Illia with me so she became my main milk maid and I had her dressed in DX's Necromancer outfit.  So she ended up the "greatest milk witch" of her age.  LOL  I'm not usually a fan of mods speaking for my character and things like this, but the stuff you wrote was funny as hell!  Its what I loved about Elsie, she's just adorably funny.  Right up there with Misty Skye.

I'm enjoying this mod a lot.  I do have one quibble and this was also in "The Milkmaid."  The invisible character "You" is necessary for the conversations to work, but "You" can also interact with other NPC's.  It's especially off putting when "You" starts having sex with one of your followers.  Is there some way to put "You" off limits?

1 hour ago, perrymwt said:

I'm enjoying this mod a lot.  I do have one quibble and this was also in "The Milkmaid."  The invisible character "You" is necessary for the conversations to work, but "You" can also interact with other NPC's.  It's especially off putting when "You" starts having sex with one of your followers.  Is there some way to put "You" off limits?

Hmmm... that doesn't happen for me. You is set to unconscious unless he's talking. I'll check to make sure. Is this in the LE version or the SE version?

43 minutes ago, chajapa said:

Hmmm... that doesn't happen for me. You is set to unconscious unless he's talking. I'll check to make sure. Is this in the LE version or the SE version?

This happens in the SE version.  The mod that allows NPC's to have sex is likely Sexlab Approach, the Japanese version translated to English.

7 hours ago, perrymwt said:

This happens in the SE version.  The mod that allows NPC's to have sex is likely Sexlab Approach, the Japanese version translated to English.

It happens occasionally with Arousal Based Match Maker as well. I just play it off as my guardian angel needs to get off too.

Okay so there's a dialogue option that makes a woman drink a potion and gain bunch of milk at once.

"Can you show them off a little, make them bigger?"

Is there any way to have that growth event controlled by SLIF instead of Niovveride? ( I assume it isn't controlled by SLIF since the shape of the breasts seem different than my normal settings.)

If its already a SLIF event then I'll just keep playing with my slif settings until I get it right.

6 hours ago, venomr said:

Okay so there's a dialogue option that makes a woman drink a potion and gain bunch of milk at once.

"Can you show them off a little, make them bigger?"

Is there any way to have that growth event controlled by SLIF instead of Niovveride? ( I assume it isn't controlled by SLIF since the shape of the breasts seem different than my normal settings.)

If its already a SLIF event then I'll just keep playing with my slif settings until I get it right.

That event is basically adding milk. So it becomes a function of Milk Mod Economy. Milk Mod Economy already supports SLIF so it SHOULD be using whatever your SLIF settings are. Milky Life itself checks to see if you have SLIF installed and if you do, it uses Slif Inflate or Slif Morph to make size changes. If you don't have SLIF installed it will fall back to NiOverride.

• 2 months later...

One Question i have ... if i have a milky life installed in se i hear a charater (dont know excactly if it is my pc) moaning and than coming and squirting white stuff in the face of the npc ... and there are no Sex or Milking Animations involved ... only talking

These are my installed Mods involved a Milky Life SE

Spoiler

grafik.png.362ef2779a6400f5144a098ace867fd2.png

On 2/12/2021 at 2:31 AM, Baltasarr80 said:

One Question i have ... if i have a milky life installed in se i hear a charater (dont know excactly if it is my pc) moaning and than coming and squirting white stuff in the face of the npc ... and there are no Sex or Milking Animations involved ... only talking

These are my installed Mods involved a Milky Life SE

Reveal hidden contents

grafik.png.362ef2779a6400f5144a098ace867fd2.png

The SE port was not done by me. I don't have SE and can't support it. What you're describing doesn't sound like it's coming from Milky Life though.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ah would you happen to know the setstage command to restart the pet quest? It seems that dialogue option dissapeared after making one pet. (also my only pet became a cow and lost all her special pet dialoge options)

I tried making followers into pet cows but "pets" and "pet cows" seem to speak/act differently so I assume that they're different factions.

edit: Ah I found out a way. So apparently theres a console command to add NPC's (or yourself) to a faction and it works like this

Spoiler

AddToFaction 43599 0

Forsworn has a faction ID of 43599. This command would add your current target to the Forsworn faction at the lowest possible rank.

player.AddToFaction 43599 0

Although similar to the first example, as this command is prefixed with 'player.', your player would be added to the Forsworn faction (rather than your target).

AddToFaction 43599 -1

The above command would remove your target from the faction with ID 43599 (Forsworn).

So opened up the console and typed 

help "pet"

and then scrolled up to find

FACT: (CD00182d) 'AML Pet Cow'

So I targeted the npc, opened the console and typed

addtofaction cd00182d 0

And now they're back in the pet faction. Or pet cow?

Honestly the terminology has a lot of overlap and I wish more distinguished words had been used, like ones a "pet" and the other is a "darling" or something haha!

On 4/23/2021 at 2:36 PM, venomr said:

Ah would you happen to know the setstage command to restart the pet quest? It seems that dialogue option dissapeared after making one pet. (also my only pet became a cow and lost all her special pet dialoge options)

I tried making followers into pet cows but "pets" and "pet cows" seem to speak/act differently so I assume that they're different factions.

edit: Ah I found out a way. So apparently theres a console command to add NPC's (or yourself) to a faction and it works like this

Reveal hidden contents

AddToFaction 43599 0

Forsworn has a faction ID of 43599. This command would add your current target to the Forsworn faction at the lowest possible rank.

player.AddToFaction 43599 0

Although similar to the first example, as this command is prefixed with 'player.', your player would be added to the Forsworn faction (rather than your target).

AddToFaction 43599 -1

The above command would remove your target from the faction with ID 43599 (Forsworn).

So opened up the console and typed 

help "pet"

and then scrolled up to find

FACT: (CD00182d) 'AML Pet Cow'

So I targeted the npc, opened the console and typed

addtofaction cd00182d 0

And now they're back in the pet faction. Or pet cow?

Honestly the terminology has a lot of overlap and I wish more distinguished words had been used, like ones a "pet" and the other is a "darling" or something haha!

Yes, unfortunately, the terms do overlap in places. I'll look at this within a few days and see if I can clarify what each one is, but I just got back from a vacation and have lots to catch up on. I do have an updated version I've been working on that allows you to have more than one pet, and also to take them OUT of being a pet and just make them a regular milk maid again. It will be a few days before I can get back to this.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Really sorry if this was already answered, I searched the thread and I hope I didn't miss the answer.

How will this mod behave together with Elsie? If I play the together (maybe because I want some milkmaids with her and some to myself :P) will this cause any conflict or weirdness, like duplicate dialogue options?

Solved: Found the answer in Elsie's thread: it's meant to be one or the other.

Edited by Woodie
Found the answer in Elsie's thread
  • 1 year later...
On 5/1/2023 at 11:15 AM, Unknowing-e said:

Not sure if you still active or now. But my follow give me the option "something to tell you", but after that nothing. Do you know the console command to move forward with the quest. 

I haven't really touched the Oldrim version of this mod for quite a long time and currently I'm using SE. I don't think that opening sequence has changed though. If you have an option when talking to your follower that says, "You have something to tell me?" , that should start the quest and she should approach you and say, "I hope this won't change things..." and she will tell you she's a milkmaid. I may have time to look at it today to find out where all the triggers and conditions are as I don't think any of them have changed for that startup piece.

8 hours ago, chajapa said:

I haven't really touched the Oldrim version of this mod for quite a long time and currently I'm using SE. I don't think that opening sequence has changed though. If you have an option when talking to your follower that says, "You have something to tell me?" , that should start the quest and she should approach you and say, "I hope this won't change things..." and she will tell you she's a milkmaid. I may have time to look at it today to find out where all the triggers and conditions are as I don't think any of them have changed for that startup piece.

Thank you for the reply, It finally started working. Just took a couple in game days for her to reply back lol. Also im on SE as well