Lot Value Skyrocketed

My house was about 160,000 when I moved in.  Less than 3 days later it was over 900,000.  I can't believe it increased in Value from me adding a basement Laundry Room.  I had a lot of cash in a Vault (about 750,000 but taking it out didn't seem to change the lot value).  My Character doesn't have a job (she paints though, and none of the 1 thing she has painted (2,993) and hung on the wall is worth 800,000.  Furniture I added doesn't come to even 10,000.

I simply cannot account for it.  Any Guesses?

Disclaimer:  After 10 years of having a EA Account on their forums I am still not allowed to create posts, that's why I am asking here.

My last tax bill yesterday was $39,096 while my sim was vacationing in Granite Falls for a week.

Normally it's been the 3k - 5k range.

My home lot is a pretty modest single level I built myself some months ago.

Only thing different was my sims income, or net worth, went above 200k.

My guess is putting money in the Vault increases the lot Value by the amount placed in.  The irony is you don't get interest from the money in the Vault but your Lot Value is increased and taxed....so might as well just keep the money on me and get rid of the Vault.  

6 minutes ago, llddb said:

so might as well just keep the money on me and get rid of the Vault.  

What is this Vault, something new?

Always just figured the money was just 'there' in one place, wherever that is.

My sim does earn interest on his money although no idea on how or what. 

Think it was from the Get Famous expansion.  It's Under storage.  It's a 6x3 (I think) with a door that can be locked by a single sim.  You can place money in it and the money will have a graphic pile that can be played with (Think scrooge Mcduck) or like a Leaf Pile (which is I am sure what they used as a template) and woohood in.

7 minutes ago, llddb said:

Think it was from the Get Famous expansion.  It's Under storage.  It's a 6x3 (I think) with a door that can be locked by a single sim.  You can place money in it and the money will have a graphic pile that can be played with (Think scrooge Mcduck) or like a Leaf Pile (which is I am sure what they used as a template) and woohood in.

Oh, thanks, I don't have the Get Famous EP so no worries I guess :)