What's your ringtone?

14 minutes ago, legendarytoyou said:

Used to be the ringtone I saved for my sister.  Sadly she passed away last month so I made it my primary, to remind me of her courage, strength, compassion and loyalty.  Makes me sad sometimes but it reminds me to NEVER give up.

My younger brother passed last year in January at 26. He and 3 (nearly 4) others died in a 10-person accident. Great start to a shitastic year. Some days are great, some are simply bearable and some are just a mess. Even a year later. I think I still take it so hard because I was upset with him for not spending Christmas (2019) with us, and then the morning he died, I was talking about him at work. How I didn't understand how he'd live a better life if he stopped letting people take advantage of him and walk all over him, how he needed to stop being so loyal to his shitty boss who had issues paying him (resulted in him looking gaunt from lack of food from lack of income). But he was so mellow and seeing him with my kids, he would have made a great father.

Anyway, I am very sorry for your loss. I may not know you, but I honestly hope you are doing well and continue to do so. Losing family, and those that feel like it, just... well, it's shit...

3 hours ago, arliel said:

My younger brother passed last year in January at 26. He and 3 (nearly 4) others died in a 10-person accident. Great start to a shitastic year. Some days are great, some are simply bearable and some are just a mess. Even a year later. I think I still take it so hard because I was upset with him for not spending Christmas (2019) with us, and then the morning he died, I was talking about him at work. How I didn't understand how he'd live a better life if he stopped letting people take advantage of him and walk all over him, how he needed to stop being so loyal to his shitty boss who had issues paying him (resulted in him looking gaunt from lack of food from lack of income). But he was so mellow and seeing him with my kids, he would have made a great father.

Anyway, I am very sorry for your loss. I may not know you, but I honestly hope you are doing well and continue to do so. Losing family, and those that feel like it, just... well, it's shit...

Thank you arliel for your thoughts.  I'm doing okay, its not the first death in the family that I've had to deal with.  You start to develop a thick skin when it comes to a death in the family over time, especially when its happened a lot. 

Still, thank you for your thoughts and prayers.

• 2 weeks later...