Blender guides

IIIlll

17 minutes ago, IIIlll said:

@Marburg Can u direct me to some general guides and documentation about blender and exporting assets from other games? Thank u!

Not without the Modsgarden site... the documentation there on how to use Blender for TK17 is a bit outdated but still usable.

Blender is very well documented all over the Internets. Blender.org is the official site. Youtube has a large amount of excellent tutorials.

But actually using Blender involves a steep learning process... i've just started out myself and it's COMPLICATED. The interface takes a lot of getting used to for starters!

Ditto for exporting game assets in general. Many (most?)commercial games use proprietrary file formats to make it more difficult to rip their content so the procedure varies wildly.  You'd have to Google it or look at some of the other clubs here on LL. They seem to be able to mod their games so could probably show you how to do it.

@Marburg @IIIIII There's a good wikibook. It's a little bit old but lots of stuff is still viable for any 3D application. Blender 3D: Noob to Pro. I had my fair struggles to get used to blender but the main thing is to learn the shortcuts that blender uses. You can import game assets with different version of blender:  Blender 2.64 & 2.64a io_tkm17 0.83, Blender 2.67b & 2.69 io_tkm17 0.84 and Blender 2.79b io_tkm17 0, 9, 2, 4. I have tried all of them, and they seem to work fine. There is the nif plugin for Blender 2.8 to import and export nif files from various games using Net Immersive File format: Blender nif plugin. Another way to find assets are those free libraries of object files that you could use.

Hi. I just realize that ive downloaded guide from mg right before its down. Dont know if this is what you are looking for? Its called Daz to Villa and it has some instructions on how to transfer body from DAZ Studio 4.10 to Blender 2.79b, and then to TK17. The biggest issue ITS ON RUSSIAN, but maybe you can use google translate.

I dont remember who is the author.

Daz_To_Villa.zip

• 3 weeks later...

@Marburg Hi, I have a question concerning the use of Blender: I tried to use CollaTKane to export blendshapes for scaling for a clothing item. The position blendshapes work fine and I can adjust the item's position in VX but exporting the blendshapes for scaling don't work as expected: When I make a blendshape that scales the item form -1 to 1 and export that, at zero slider position the item has its original shape and at the slider's middle position the item has the size of the blendshapes 1 position. Moving the slider in VX beyond that does nothing or scales the object to double the size. I tried several blendshape approaches, but they never result in the scaling sliders behaving as they should.

Thanks in advance.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...