Are the "SLVxPLX Patch" files no longer required?

@RMCW I'm really liking the direction you're taking with your different mods. It's adding up to make a lot of features I never quite got around to adding, or added a bit differently already but want to expand so they also support what you're doing. Something like the Succubus Skills was almost done right in SD+, but not quite. Your approach is much better.

The masochist mode is ... probably never going to work for me ... as I change my mods around too much and need to test a lot of things, but for players that can get it to work ... it's intriguing. I had an idea for a C++ mod that would make it "impossible" to go backwards in saves ... obviously not impossible, but very difficult. There is a mod that sort of does that already (Dead is dead or something?) but it's quite weak. It always struck me as too likely to kill your game though. Defeat mods are notoriously unreliable.

SLD does do some things with whipping, and you can make it the kind of lasting punishment PLX dishes out if you want but it still works on modifiers, not altering the base stat, so there are clear differences. The Succubus addon gives a way to get some of those lost skills back. I'm not sure how it works out in game yet, but I love the idea at least.

I think some other pieces probably need to fit in the puzzle to fill some gameplay holes, but it's a good foundation. I'm eagerly watching to see what you do next.

e.g. I was thinking set PLX to drain stamina and magicka, health only temporarily.

Once you have low magicka, then "broken" mode will trigger a lot. You are likely to orgasm as a result. It's a nice trap, but how can you break the cycle?

Maybe need to wear a belt, but then needs mods that respect the belt... Too many mods ignore them, and the remainder mostly don't calculate hole accessibility correctly.

SLSO itself can't tell if sex is anal or oral and can't adjust accordingly.

These were always problems that troubled me with adding these mechanics, but I've thought of a way! Hopefully, I will get around to actually implementing it.

Updating my "real" Skyrim now so I can test new SLAX updates properly.

2 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

Are the "SLVxPLX Patch" files no longer required?

Correct, no patches are required anymore.

I'm using OnHit now. At first I was worried about it causing too much script load in heavy combat but I added an in-combat check which disables the whip checks for 15 seconds each time you are hit while in combat which I found was a good solution (as now you just get 1 whip check every 15 seconds while in combat instead of potentially 100s in that time).

The masochist mode is ... probably never going to work for me ... as I change my mods around too much and need to test a lot of things, but for players that can get it to work ... it's intriguing. I had an idea for a C++ mod that would make it "impossible" to go backwards in saves ... obviously not impossible, but very difficult. There is a mod that sort of does that already (Dead is dead or something?) but it's quite weak. It always struck me as too likely to kill your game though. Defeat mods are notoriously unreliable.

Yeah I did try a few mods like that in the past and they always ended up destroying my save game. If you do make a mod like that which works well I'd definitely use it. Also save time is crucial with this sort of thing, I don't want the game autosaving as some heavy script is running like SexLab starting a scene as it is likely to crash my game.

e.g. I was thinking set PLX to drain stamina and magicka, health only temporarily.

Once you have low magicka, then "broken" mode will trigger a lot. You are likely to orgasm as a result. It's a nice trap, but how can you break the cycle?

I think this is a good point, you can drink magicka potions but its only a brief window. Perhaps a way you can remove the magicka requirement from SLSO for a while by doing something in game would be a fun way to deal with it.

Your mods were definitely 1 of the big inspirations to start modding for me, if you ever want to work on anything together or want to discuss ideas let me know.

52 minutes ago, Londo101 said:

In a whipping scene, I have two sounds: The whipping sound with moans, and a second voice, shouting "stop that" and "what do you think you are doing?". Can someone tell me how to silence the second voice?

Thanks for help!

It's not from this mod, not sure what mod that is from. Perhaps somebody else can help you there.

• 2 months later...
On 1/3/2021 at 8:30 AM, Londo101 said:

In a whipping scene, I have two sounds: The whipping sound with moans, and a second voice, shouting "stop that" and "what do you think you are doing?". Can someone tell me how to silence the second voice?

Thanks for help!

The stop that etc. for me is from Spank that Ass. However, I don't use PC Headtracking

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

For some reason this mod causes a problem with Skyrim Unbound (the alt start mod). If I have both of the esps active, my entire MCM page for all mods will break and stop working if I try to assign any hotkeys. I am definitely sure that this is the mod causing the issue. Which is a shame because I really like what it does.

8 minutes ago, bnub345 said:

For some reason this mod causes a problem with Skyrim Unbound (the alt start mod). If I have both of the esps active, my entire MCM page for all mods will break and stop working if I try to assign any hotkeys. I am definitely sure that this is the mod causing the issue. Which is a shame because I really like what it does.

I use the mod with Skyrim Unbound without any issue. Sounds like it is triggering an issue with SkyUI when you add those to your load order, the problem may be elsewhere. I suggest looking at Papyrus logs and learning to read those. They will likely show a larger issue leading SkyUI to fail.

I've also seen the behavior when adding an infinite loop in papyrus, so it may be that a mod is adding an infinite loop which is preventing further papyrus functionality past that point.

It's certainly possible there is some other conflict causing the issue, I am running around 200 esps after all. But Unbound with PLX disabled has no problems, and if I swap Unbound out for LAL with the same load order otherwise, no problems. 

Edit: Nvm that bit, will try to get a cleaner log

After looking at some logs, there doesn't seem to be any event when the MCM breaks. It just goes through the new game initialization, and when I try to assign a hotkey and it locks up and...nothing is logged.

Edited by bnub345
3 hours ago, bnub345 said:

It's certainly possible there is some other conflict causing the issue, I am running around 200 esps after all. But Unbound with PLX disabled has no problems, and if I swap Unbound out for LAL with the same load order otherwise, no problems. 

Edit: Nvm that bit, will try to get a cleaner log

After looking at some logs, there doesn't seem to be any event when the MCM breaks. It just goes through the new game initialization, and when I try to assign a hotkey and it locks up and...nothing is logged.

Actually does sound like it could be the bug relating to a key being set to 0 rather than a keycode (which it will do by default if it is not set to anything).

Is there a mod you have installed that has keypress in MCM that shows as a "?" ? That could be the culprit if you do, it can lead to the keypress function being ran rapidly and constantly.

4 minutes ago, Bratty Cheeks - RMCW said:

Is there a mod you have installed that has keypress in MCM that shows as a "?" ? That could be the culprit if you do, it can lead to the keypress function being ran rapidly and constantly.

All of the unassigned keys show up as ESC by default, except in the SkyUI MCM. Favorite groups 5-8 show up as ???.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/14/2022 at 8:45 AM, Sylva4Q said:

I really like this mod! And I wanna custom a little

If I add more dds files in textures folder and name them whipmarks41,42...etc

and add sections at Whipmarks.json file will it work properly??

Did you try this out and did it work?

I really like the whip marks from Naked Defeat and would like to add them as well if possible.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

using prison alternative... for some reason this mod just stopped working... as in it just stopped? it had been working fine for a log while then it just decided, "yep im done now no more overlay updates". any suggestions?

for context i currently have no scar overlays enabled it's a new save and no matter what the scene no updates are being sent to apply visuals via ST

• 1 month later...