Attempting to launch SKSE through Mod Organizer 2 instantly CTDs

Whenever I attempt to launch SSE through SKSE, ran through Mod Organizer 2's VM, the process instantly crashes out. I'm talking as in it doesn't even generate a log file, so I can't tell what's happening on my end. Even stranger is that I can launch the game's EXE through MO2 just fine, and it even loads mods, though they obviously do not function since SKSE isn't running when launched that way. 

Any attempt to launch the SKSE executable though immediately crashes Skyrim. This happens irrespective of whether I launch from the MO2 interface or if I go into MO2's virtual folders and try to launch from there. I'm not sure if Skyrim is ever even running, since the skyrim ini is set to generate logs (and in fact does generate logs when the exe is launched without SKSE) and it is generating no logs when this crash occurs, and nothing I can find in MO2's logs are really giving a clear picture that anything in particular is failing. I don't know where SKSE outputs its logs to, but if anyone wants to tell me where those might be, and knows what MO2 logs to look at to solve this, let me know. 

This issue is occurring irrespective of what mods are or are not loaded. SSE launched through steam works fine. SSE launched through manually launching the .exe works fine. SSE launched through MO2 launching the .exe is fine, and even SSE launched through manually launching SKSE works fine, though because of how MO2 handles mods this version of the game obviously launches unmodded. It is ONLY attempting to launch SKSE through MO2 launching it where I am having trouble, and mods do not seem to be a factor.

13 minutes ago, trees said:

I can find in MO2's logs are really giving a clear picture that anything in particular is failing. I don't know where SKSE outputs its logs to, but if anyone wants to tell me where those might be, and knows what MO2 logs to look at to solve this, let me know. 

MO logs are in ...\MO2\logs (MO2 being the folder where you installed MO or where you unzipped the non-installer version).

SKSE logs are in your ...\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\SKSE. Check the skse64.log to see if any skse plugin is failing to load.

Now, are you sure you completed the SKSE install properly? Are you using the SKSE executable in the list and pressing Run in MO, right? You shouldn't attempt to run any executable through the virtual explorer. Did you install SKSE completely outside of MO (aka no SKSE scripts added through MO? if so, you can launch the game with the SKSE loader and once in the main menu open the console and type getskseversion to see if the game is recognizing the version you installed correctly.

After attempting to narrow causes by using fresh instances and fresh profiles in MO2, I found out that Beeing Female was causing it somehow? I had it disabled in the right pane, but I guess there are files that are still loaded if it's enabled in the left pane as well, since only disabling the mod in the left pane fixed the issue.

And it's literally just Beeing Female. I have no idea what's happening with THAT but I've opened a new topic now that the issue has been narrowed.

7 minutes ago, trees said:

I found out that Beeing Female was causing it somehow?

BF comes with a dll. If you have an outdated version it will fail to load (you can check that in the skse64.log in your Documents\My games... folder).

7 minutes ago, trees said:

I had it disabled in the right pane, but I guess there are files that are still loaded if it's enabled in the left pane as well

That's how it works.

• Right panel: loadorder. If you disable something here only the plugin/master file will be disabled.
  • Left panel: modlist. If you keep things enabled here all the mod assets will be available to be used in game. In the case of dll files, these will try to hook into the SKSE launch even with a disabled plugin file.

So for future reference: if you want to test things without mods at all you must disable them in the left panel (then the plugin/master files will also be removed from the right panel), otherwise you're not disabling your mods entirely. For this issue in particular, you can either keep the dll (or entire mod) disabled/removed from MO folders or find a solution for that (updated/alternate version that doesn't use the outdated/incompatible dll). I'm not sure if there is any update or fix for BF as I don't use it, but instead of making a new thread you should refer to the existing support thread of that mod.