Sims 4 - Beginner Modlist Guide

Version 0.09

Instructions

• Added more instructions what to do every update, install or removal of mod for more stability.

Lovers Lab

• Kritikal's Naugty Collection
  • Atrois Animations
  • Femdomania's animations

Removed

• Slice of Life

Really interesting list of mods. I'll try the K202 and 505 mods first but I'll skip all improvement mods for the DLCs unless I get aware of real issues.

One day I should start with a new mods folder as there is too much CC of downloaded sims.

With MCC one has a big mod many users don't understand. I prefer the alternative to use some small mods like testingcheats-true or cas-full-edit-mode. Adding these to the list would add more complexity for you but one could select which of these mini mods to use.

I'd also suggest to add S4S and mention at least the 'merge packages' option. With many CC files or animations merged packages will decrease load time a lot.

I play with DD instead of WW due to a feature of WW which can't be deactivated. It may make sense to add it here.

My experiences with HQ were bad. It didn't require too much GPU resources. Even though skins and especially clothes may have more detail there were always incompatible CC and skintones in my game and every 3rd sim was either orange or black.

• 2 weeks later...

I've not touched Sims 4 in a while since the stupid OP broken dust bunnies absolutely killed all the fun in the game for me. Was gonna play some this weekend and the dust bunny system still ruins it. I've found some good mods to break it down, so a big FUCK DUST BUNNIES update is coming.

On 3/28/2021 at 6:01 PM, Oops19 said:

Really interesting list of mods. I'll try the K202 and 505 mods first but I'll skip all improvement mods for the DLCs unless I get aware of real issues.

One day I should start with a new mods folder as there is too much CC of downloaded sims.

With MCC one has a big mod many users don't understand. I prefer the alternative to use some small mods like testingcheats-true or cas-full-edit-mode. Adding these to the list would add more complexity for you but one could select which of these mini mods to use.

I'd also suggest to add S4S and mention at least the 'merge packages' option. With many CC files or animations merged packages will decrease load time a lot.

I play with DD instead of WW due to a feature of WW which can't be deactivated. It may make sense to add it here.

My experiences with HQ were bad. It didn't require too much GPU resources. Even though skins and especially clothes may have more detail there were always incompatible CC and skintones in my game and every 3rd sim was either orange or black.

I recommend at least checking out the DLC improvements, some of them are bug fixes and QoL improvements that should honestly exist in the base game.

MCC does more than just give small mod stuffs; it also helps eliminate and catch errors. It's one of the best error catching mods in the game. Again, MCC is literally almost anything you may want from Modding so you absolutely do need it. It's not optional for a reason that it simply improves the game on literally every single way and removes requirements for numerous other small mods that you'd have to have otherwise. Having numerous small mods instead of one larger one increases loading times.

Merging packages is actually a bad idea and can cause lots of problems, especially if you don't know what you're doing. Even when you are super simmer, you shouldn't merge packages as that usually can cause conflicts or other issues.

Also, I won't bring back DD. You can ask in Deaderpool's Discord what's wrong with it, if you want but I don't want to bring in that mod back into this list. It was removed for a reason for the version 0.06 update of the guide.

Yeah, just from seeing the HQ stuff comparision screenshot alone I figured that it'd not be worth all the work. You literally can't tell difference.

On 4/1/2021 at 7:54 PM, HeelMePlz said:

Thank you for this! Some of these are insanely useful like the simulation and lag fixes!

Glad my list helped you out!

7 hours ago, Drbigt said:

Merging packages is actually a bad idea and can cause lots of problems, especially if you don't know what you're doing. Even when you are super simmer, you shouldn't merge packages as that usually can cause conflicts or other issues.

Don’t merge animations or script files because they change too often. I merge stuff that never changes: CC clothes and furniture. 

also remove the “Bust the Dust” kit if you don’t like dust bunnies. 

On 4/11/2021 at 3:46 PM, LuversLab92 said:

Don’t merge animations or script files because they change too often. I merge stuff that never changes: CC clothes and furniture. 

also remove the “Bust the Dust” kit if you don’t like dust bunnies. 

But I like the dust aspect, lIke many other Simmers it's something that I've wanted for years, having played since the game launched. Leave it to Maxis to add totally stupid, unwanted thing to a system that people actually wanted with the broken, OP dust bunnies that actually totally and utterly break the game. It breaks everything in the game, including even Jungle Adventures and other packs with the insane loot tables too. Having a bouncing bunny give you ancient treasures from the Jungle Adventures breaks the gameplay, makes adventuring useless, it is lore unfriendly, it is unbalanced and IT IS JUST FUCKING STUPID. Not to mention with Dust Bunnies, literally all work is obsolete as you can just stay home and twerk in your sugar daddy dust bunnies face to get all money you need. I legimately hope whoever came up with this idea and forced it into this pack got fired, so they don't tarnish more packs with their "brilliant" ideas.

Not to mention the fucking stupid dust bunnies took time and effort from other areas of the kit that really could have used it, like making Tiny Home and Haunted homes actually get dusty or give us brooms and mops to use instead. But no, let's just waste resources into shit that no one ever wanted instead of making the pack work.

Until Ea gives us "Fuck Dust bunnies" option in the options to remove just the dust bunnies instead of removing a gameplay feature tons of people have wanted, we'll have to use mods.

• 2 months later...

I believe simulation lag/pausing was fixed in a recent sims 4 update, can't remember which one. I don't seem to run into the problem anymore so the simulation lag fix and simulation unclogger mods may no longer be needed. Also fuck dust bunnies.

• 2 weeks later...

I think roBurky's mod (Meaningful Stories) is pretty good and makes it more interesting.

Though, since i aim for more autonomous sims, there is still much more i wish were possible. Maybe with Sims 5?

On 8/24/2021 at 4:11 PM, wutpickel said:

I think roBurky's mod (Meaningful Stories) is pretty good and makes it more interesting.

Though, since i aim for more autonomous sims, there is still much more i wish were possible. Maybe with Sims 5?

Hello, I'm in the same boat as you. I have listed the Bienschen's autonomy and other DLC mods that help improve experience by removing stupid autonomus stuff if needed and adding stuff they never do otherwise autonomously.

50 minutes ago, wutpickel said:

I found this mod yesterday and its really a big help if you have installed a lot of content for creating a new sim.

More Columns in CAS v1.19 | weerbesu on Patreon

This adds more columns to the creation screen. This definitely helps to have a better view of available content without browsing forever.

Maybe this will help someone else.

Yes, it is a must, i could not play without it ?

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/11/2021 at 10:34 AM, Drbigt said:

I've not touched Sims 4 in a while since the stupid OP broken dust bunnies absolutely killed all the fun in the game for me. Was gonna play some this weekend and the dust bunny system still ruins it. I've found some good mods to break it down, so a big FUCK DUST BUNNIES update is coming.

I recommend at least checking out the DLC improvements, some of them are bug fixes and QoL improvements that should honestly exist in the base game.

MCC does more than just give small mod stuffs; it also helps eliminate and catch errors. It's one of the best error catching mods in the game. Again, MCC is literally almost anything you may want from Modding so you absolutely do need it. It's not optional for a reason that it simply improves the game on literally every single way and removes requirements for numerous other small mods that you'd have to have otherwise. Having numerous small mods instead of one larger one increases loading times.

Also, I won't bring back DD. You can ask in Deaderpool's Discord what's wrong with it, if you want but I don't want to bring in that mod back into this list. It was removed for a reason for the version 0.06 update of the guide.

Yeah, just from seeing the HQ stuff comparision screenshot alone I figured that it'd not be worth all the work. You literally can't tell difference.

Glad my list helped you out!

Can you please explain in a little more detail why merging packages is a bad idea?
Many Simmers say it would be better to merge packages because if you have a lot of CC, the game loads much faster after merging. I've just merged a lot of my CC packages, so that would be of great interest to me. Thank You

• 1 month later...

This guide is super helpful. I just decided to finally get the game and the existence of this guide was a major contributor to that decision.
That being said, I'm still a little bit lost in the jungle of mods.
Is there a list or thread with outfits somewhere? I find some odd bits here and there, but nothing to find something unserendipitously.

Edited by RAIC
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My favorite is Get Together as it has a nice large town and adds Clubs for sims to Start and be the Leader or join other pre-made Clubs.

Wicked Whims adds new Club Activity features like Have Sex, Swinging, and Nudity.

TURBODRIVER also made Club Mods to have unlimited Sims in Clubs to override the games default of only 8 sims allowed.

Spa Day adds Portable Massage Tables you can make money with by giving others Massages.

Also adds Yoga Mats & Stools so you can start leveling up Wellness Skill to use the Massage Tables.

There are also a few Animations for those objects although I can't remember which creators ATM.