Lesbian Gender Recognition Issues

I have a female Sim that is attempting to have sex with another female NPC Sim. However, no matter what combination of settings I have in Gender, the other female refuses to have sex with my Sim, and the notification comes up saying gender incompatibilities. I wanted to have it so that my Sim will have sex with both males and females. What settings will allow me to do that? I confess the settings in that category confuse me.

1 hour ago, Shane Winter said:

I'd change the gender preferences for it to work. It's a cheat.

https://wickedwhimsmod.com/relationships-gender-preference

Thank you. This might help. Actually, upon contemplation, I do recall that the very first household I played, WAS with 2 female Sims. They had a full romantic and friendship relationship. And they had sex, and behaved like any other couple. And I never used a cheat back then, so I'm wondering if the mod has changed things in what settings were added and what they did? Or perhaps it's a base game mechanics change the developers made? Anyway, I appreciate the reply!

Not sure, if this is still a thing, but gender preferences used to get messed up every now and then (when it happened to me, there was no apparent reason for it).

Luckily, both WW's console commands and MCCC's sim-specific options are able to fix this, as otherwise even MARRIED Sims might refuse to have sex with each other.

21 minutes ago, Crashdown117 said:

Not sure, if this is still a thing, but gender preferences used to get messed up every now and then (when it happened to me, there was no apparent reason for it).

Luckily, both WW's console commands and MCCC's sim-specific options are able to fix this, as otherwise even MARRIED Sims might refuse to have sex with each other.

I guess using the cheat would only work for the World/Household I was playing at the time? If I started a new game, I would have to input that again for that World/Household?

1 hour ago, Sandatharius said:

They had a full romantic and friendship relationship. And they had sex, and behaved like any other couple.

There is also a section in MCCC, and both mods need to be checked, if you use both of them. I usually check the gender preferences with MCCC, and if I desire, I then can change them to the settings, I like to have.

This is not optiona,l, cause WW and MCCC are made to be compatible but need to be synchronized.

6 hours ago, Sandatharius said:

If I started a new game, I would have to input that again for that World/Household?

Nope, as all Sims start out without any preferences (at least AFAIK).

WW's console codes also allow you to reset gender prefs to "neutral" (for the entire world, it's the last example on the WW page already mentioned earlier - simply change the value to 100).

6 hours ago, carlfatal said:

This is not optiona,l, cause WW and MCCC are made to be compatible but need to be synchronized.

While this is generally best practice, I've actually been told (by people way wiser than me) that WW takes precedence over MCCC and therefore overrules all of MCCC's settings as needed. Still, keeping everything in sync will prevent issues that shouldn't even happen in the first place.

On 10/12/2020 at 12:09 PM, Sandatharius said:

I have a female Sim that is attempting to have sex with another female NPC Sim. However, no matter what combination of settings I have in Gender, the other female refuses to have sex with my Sim, and the notification comes up saying gender incompatibilities. I wanted to have it so that my Sim will have sex with both males and females. What settings will allow me to do that? I confess the settings in that category confuse me.

To answer the above specifically:

Click on Sim > Wicked... > Settings > Sex Settings > Sex Interaction Settings > Respect Gender Preference Switch

Click on Sim > Wicked... > Settings > Sex Settings > Autonomy Settings > Autonomy Awareness > Joining Sex Gender Compliance Switch

... unchecking the above will ignore the sim's gender preferences when starting and/or joining (respectively) an encounter.

Click on Sim > Wicked... > Settings > Sex Settings > Cheats > Always Accept

... checking both bars on this will also ignore the sim's gender preferences.

11 hours ago, Sunrunner said:

To answer the above specifically:

Click on Sim > Wicked... > Settings > Sex Settings > Sex Interaction Settings > Respect Gender Preference Switch

Click on Sim > Wicked... > Settings > Sex Settings > Autonomy Settings > Autonomy Awareness > Joining Sex Gender Compliance Switch

... unchecking the above will ignore the sim's gender preferences when starting and/or joining (respectively) an encounter.

Click on Sim > Wicked... > Settings > Sex Settings > Cheats > Always Accept

... checking both bars on this will also ignore the sim's gender preferences.

Thank you for the reply! I was able to solve it by changing the Sims sexual preference in question with the command line "ww.gender_preference bi" for the Sims I was using. It seemed to solve the problem. However I will also check to see what I have for the settings you referenced. That's very helpful. Thank you!

I didn't want to change "always accept" in the cheats because wouldn't that mean that MY Sim would always accept sex from Townies she would have propositioning her in a bar or club?

6 hours ago, Sandatharius said:

wouldn't that mean that MY Sim would always accept sex from Townies she would have propositioning her in a bar or club?

ANY Sim will always accept sex proposals with "Always Accept" set to "full". At "half" some factors like gender preferences are still taken into account.

The amount of proposals can be reduced by lowering the autonomy settings (full always accept plus extreme autonomy isn't called "full orgy mode" by coincidence).

7 hours ago, Sandatharius said:

I didn't want to change "always accept" in the cheats because wouldn't that mean that MY Sim would always accept sex from Townies she would have propositioning her in a bar or club?

Yes, and also no.  If you only change the settings to always accept, what you describe is the expected behavior.  However ...

If:

Click on Sim > Wicked... > Settings > Sex Settings > Sex Interaction Settings > Advanced Sex Interaction Settings > Sex Initiation Settings

... is set to "Talk and Walk" (as is the default setting).

Then:

Click on Sim > Wicked... > Settings > Sex Settings > Autonomy Settings > Asking for Sex Dialogue Settings > Display NPC Asking Player Sex Dialogue

... being checked means that an interactive pop-up will appear whenever a townie asks your sim for sex that asks you if you want to accept or refuse the interaction -- even with "Always Accept" set.

• 3 years later...