Hook 5 and Reshade Settings

Reshade Users Poll  

282 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use ReShade?

• Yes
    • No
    • What is Reshade?

Hi, to install reshade, you have to point to the Binaries folder of VX or 7.5 in the reshade installer and activate the directx 11 option. After that you can simply choose different shader packages to install. I would recommend installing the display depth shader. You can use it to determine if the depth buffer is available for rendering. Another good package is the qUINT shader package.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/13/2020 at 8:23 PM, Titanoboa Serpentes said:

Hi, to install reshade, you have to point to the Binaries folder of VX or 7.5 in the reshade installer and activate the directx 11 option. After that you can simply choose different shader packages to install. I would recommend installing the display depth shader. You can use it to determine if the depth buffer is available for rendering. Another good package is the qUINT shader package.

Hi. I have installed reshade based on your instructions. And it seems like working, but the question is how do I know what shader packages to install to make those setting (given above by hdiddy) work? Or should I install ALL packages? Im asking because I have installed like 3 packages (those you mention above and 1 else) and I have tried to use some settings given by hdiddy and when reshade launches I see some error and it seems like those settings not working properly. (I guess it is due lack of packages installed?)

Wow, some of these settings are really old, I can't even find like half the shaders, not even in the legacy reshade files (I think it could be old SweetFX or GemFX which was used a lot from that time, in many cases.) Well anyway, thanks for this, actually very useful but some more updated settings would be cool if anyone has, I think many of those are also using an early build of H5, as there is not nearly so many options as now. It's very educational non-the-less.

Reshade updated recently I notice too...

This is my Hook5 and reshade portable VX binaries. Please note !: It's an older reshade. 2: Both dxgi.ini and d3d9.ini need to point to the textures, shaders and binaries like so: It is an easy edit.

TextureSearchPaths=R:\TheKlub17\Binaries\reshade-shaders\Textures
EffectSearchPaths=R:\TheKlub17\Binaries\reshade-shaders\Shaders
ScreenshotPath=R:\TheKlub17\Screenshots
PerformanceMode=0
TutorialProgress=4
PreprocessorDefinitions=RESHADE_DEPTH_LINEARIZATION_FAR_PLANE=1000.0,RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_UPSIDE_DOWN=0,RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_REVERSED=0,RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_LOGARITHMIC=0
CurrentPreset=17
PresetFiles=R:\TheKlub17\Binaries\1.ini,R:\TheKlub17\Binaries\248-spot5.ini,R:\TheKlub17\Binaries\248_SPOT10_CRT.ini,R:\TheKlub17\Binaries\248_SPOT11_CRT NOSKY.ini,R:\TheKlub17\Binaries\248_SPOT7_NOSKY.ini,R:\TheKlub17\Binaries\248_SPOT8_B&W.ini,R:\TheKlub17\Binaries\248_SPOT9_B&W NOSKY.ini,R:\TheKlub17\Binaries\3dxchat.ini,R:\TheKlub17\Binaries\L4D settings.ini,R:\TheKlub17\Binaries\Photostudio.ini,R:\TheKlub17\Binaries\Photostudio2.ini,R:\TheKlub17\Binaries\Photostudio3.ini,R:\TheKlub17\Binaries\Photostudio4.ini,R:\TheKlub17\Binaries\R9ZRoom248-SPOT.ini,R:\TheKlub17\Binaries\ReShade-3.06-02.ini,R:\TheKlub17\Binaries\Reshade3_kretos3.ini,R:\TheKlub17\Binaries\Seaside.ini,R:\TheKlub17\Binaries\Taco.ini,R:\TheKlub17\Binaries\TKSPFMAP.ini,R:\TheKlub17\Binaries\K17 Hook5.ini,R:\TheKlub17\Binaries\_reshade_d3vi0n.ini,R:\TheKlub17\Binaries\GT3.ini,R:\TheKlub17\Binaries\TK4R.ini,R:\TheKlub17\Binaries\OETK2018.ini

H5-reshade.zip

@pronosaurus Hi, I use ReShade V 4.7.0.845 and latest Hook5 paid.  You will find a dxgi.log file in your binaries folder after starting ReShade which can give you information of what went wrong while trying to load the shaders. I don't use hdiddy's shader packages given above so if you use them they will have to be installed with the appropriate Verson of ReShade and the old version of the shader.     

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Cdcover said:

I´d like to try your configuration, Ejax. Where do I place the files? I unfortunately tend to mess these things up. :|

Sorry, I don't give tech support on Hook. I don't use it, I just happened to have the files in my backup.

• 1 month later...
On 10/4/2020 at 2:29 PM, hdiddy said:

If you have that perfect setup of your Main11.fx file or that sweet Reshade settings that you simply must share.  Share it here.  Please provide a picture, image, video, etc... so folks can see what your settings do.

For those wondering what Reshade is check out the site here: https://reshade.me/

I have attached some Hook 5 and reshade settings I had from the site in my game folder for those who maybe lost them.  They are over a year old so just be aware.

Of these all, only archer has a picture...
[Hook5 Settings] Archer.zip 163.84 kB · 154 downloads [Hook5 Settings] d3vi0ns.zip 5.56 kB · 117 downloads [Hook5 Settings] Kretos.zip 5.75 kB · 100 downloads [Hook5 Settings] Oeshii.zip 5.15 kB · 137 downloads [Hook5 Settings] RickGrimes LUYL.zip 7.42 kB · 104 downloads [Hook5 Settings] Tacocat.zip 4.64 kB · 100 downloads

• 3 weeks later...

Hello hdiddy, How did you get past the reshade message at the top left of the screen that says to press "Home" button? I pressed home and it doesn't work. I also tried pressing Shift + F2 and it didn't work either. 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 25/10/2020 at 15:11, Archer55 said:

Este es mi Hook5 y reshade los binarios VX portátiles. ¡Tenga en cuenta!: Es un cambio de color más antiguo. 2: Tanto dxgi.ini como d3d9.ini necesitan apuntar a las texturas, shaders y binarios así: Es una edición fácil.

TextureSearchPaths=R:\TheKlub17\Binaries\reshade-shaders\Textures
EffectSearchPaths=R:\TheKlub17\Binaries\reshade-shaders\Shaders
ScreenshotPath=R:\TheKlub17\Screenshots
PerformanceMode=0
TutorialProgress=4
PreprocessorDefinitions=RESHADE_DEPTH_LINEARIZATION_FAR_UPSUT_PLANE=1000_HADE_UPSOWN_PLANE=1000_HADE_UPSOWN_PLANE=1000 0,RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_REVERSED=0,RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_LOGARITHMIC=0
Preajuste actual=17
PresetFiles=R:\TheClub17\Binaries\1.ini,R:\TheClub17\Binaries\248-spot5.ini,R:\TheClub17\Binaries\248_SPOT10_CRT.ini,R:\TheClub17\Binaries\248_SPOT11_CRT NOSKY.ini,R :\TheKlub17\Binaries\248_SPOT7_NOSKY.ini,R:\TheKlub17\Binaries\248_SPOT8_B&W.ini,R:\TheKlub17\Binaries\248_SPOT9_B&W NOSKY.ini,R:\TheKlub17\Binaries\3dxchat.ini,R:\TheKlub17\Binaries \L4D settings.ini,R:\TheKlub17\Binaries\Photostudio.ini,R:\TheKlub17\Binaries\Photostudio2.ini,R:\TheKlub17\Binaries\Photostudio3.ini,R:\TheKlub17\Binaries\Photostudio4.ini, R:\TheKlub17\Binaries\R9ZRoom248-SPOT.ini,R:\TheKlub17\Binaries\ReShade-3.06-02.ini,R:\TheClub17\Binaries\Reshade3_kretos3.ini,R:\TheClub17\Binaries\Seaside.ini, R:\TheKlub17\Binaries\Taco.ini,R:\TheKlub17\Binaries\TKSPFMAP.ini,R:\TheKlub17\Binaries\K17 Hook5.ini,R:\TheKlub17\Binaries\_reshade_d3vi0n.ini,R:\TheKlub17\Binaries\GT3.ini,R:\TheKlub17\Binaries\TK4R.ini,R:\TheKlub17\Binaries\OETK2018.ini

H5-reshade.zip 49,79 MB · 753 descargas

• 3 months later...