Rise of the Tomb Raider Lara nude mod

On 1/1/2022 at 7:51 AM, a4dce said:

@heraifx I haven't played around enought with exporting to give correct answer here, but they have a note about facial expressians in Noesis plugin on nexsus:

Reveal hidden contents

Blend shapes are the facial animations for ROTTR, but unfortunately their format in the game is not well understood and they can only be copied and imported. Therefore, they will only work with original unchanged geometry. You can export with the " -bs" argument after the name of the tr2mesh file to export over, and the plugin will copy lara's head mesh from the other tr2mesh file, with its blendshapes intact (if it has them still, as exporting without the " -bs" parameter will delete all blendshapes).
You can now also import facial blend shapes as meshes using the Noesis plugin, thanks to aman's research. Increase the number of blend shapes by increasing gNumDisplayShapes in the global options at the top of the py file. Lara's head has 107 blendshapes, and you can change which one of them it starts on by changing the "gFirstShape" option.
Keep in mind while editing that the Bone affect limit / vertex weight limit is 4. Also, make sure your scaling is correct and not 2.54x bigger or 0.39x smaller (inches vs cm units)

So maybe it could be a good start to figure this thing out..

Note: regarding this '-bs' thingy it is for guide step 4.5

Hey @a4dce can you post your mod you made by combining the 2 mods for us to use or can you message me?

Edited by rbk3ai

@rbk3ai no, I am not going to upload any combined mods, since original author prohibits any share of his work (modified or not). If you want to use comdined mods in your game, just follow guide provided on page 41 to create your own mod for personal usage.

And I advice you not share what ever you'll come up with publically to respect actual work of original mod creator.

Edited by a4dce
On 12/29/2021 at 11:56 AM, a4dce said:

Guide --

1. Preparations

Hide contents

1.1 Download "Noesis Model Import-Export Plugin 1.7c" - plugin from "Rise of the Tomb Raider modding tools" https://www.nexusmods.com/riseofthetombraider/mods/20?tab=files

1.1.jpg.53613cbfaeade7e37696c95d922fe51a.jpg

1.2 Download "Noesis" tool from here - https://richwhitehouse.com/index.php?content=inc_projects.php&showproject=91

1.2.jpg.cab45de25187e7874b76f437d4309ae6.jpg

I really love this model.

I was trying to edit the texture of Lara_Bikini_Tan Line_version-X (Replace 0953, Replace 1032, Replace 2462, Replace 5715 and Replace 5723), which uses the same texture.

What I did (GAVE ERROR):
1) Noesis - > Export 'Replace 0953.tr2pcd' to PNG (also tried with JPG version).
2) Edited in Photoshop
3) Saved as PNG
4) Noesis to export back to DDS, and then DDS->tr2pcd.

!output3.jpg.52a22bfa7caec008431baf94fd46388c.jpg

In fact, Noesis doesnt like to convert PNG or JPG directly to tr2pcd, so I let it export to DDS first.
The problem is the resulted DDS became 134mb (PNG is 21mb). Then, when I exported it back to tr2pcd, it asked for a 'target tr2pcd'. I created a copy of 'Replace 0953.tr2pcd' to, say, 'STUB.tr2pcd', and used it. I tried 'not ticked' at 'no animations', 'no geometry', then I tried ticking one, then both.

The final file Replaceoutout.tr2pcd became with 134mb, and when dragging the MOD to InstallMOD.bat, it came out like this:

!output.jpg.9a229eb4935f685036e8941d61686552.jpg

Instead of

!output2.jpg.ed8b8c68db4ada1492df26e0811e71bb.jpg

The game crashed obviously. I then reapplied the original Lara_Bikini_Tan Line_version-X MOD over it, and the game worked again.

20220112191943_1.jpg.15c3b3b7dc2fd17620066ef853ad647f.jpg

Is there a different way to export the edited PNG back to tr2pcd? Perhaps using blender? I would surely LOVE to see my Lara with a more contrasted tanline and a pinkier nipple.

EDIT: FIXED IT! No way to use any other DDS format program as Photoshop with Intel Texture Works. You must use that one.

What I did (tested with Replace 0953, the pic shows 'Replace 0083' because I did some tests with that other MOD file in another folder):

1) Noesis - > Export 'Replace 0953.tr2pcd' to PNG (any format as JPG works).
2) Edited in Photoshop
3) Saved as DDS by using Intel plugin http://gametechdev.github.io/Intel-Texture-Works-Plugin/ with the properties below (in blue)

If the resulting size is the same as the tr2pcd, it's a good signal it will work! If its smaller (say, original is 21.3mb but the exported one is 14mb, you did something wrong). At least for me, all textures that got smaller made the game crash or made Lara 'entirely black', like she splashed into a tar.

4) Rename 'Replace 0953.tr2pcd' to, say, Replace_0953_BKP.tr2pcd, and use it to preserve the original.
5) Use Noesis to export DDS->tr2pcd, by using the itens in blue (below). It will ask for a 'tr2pcd file to export over'. Use the BKP above. It will then generate 'Replace 0959out.tr2pcd'. Just rename it to 'Replace 0953.tr2pcd'

6) Move all 'strange' files in the MOD folder to the parent folder or just create a 'temp' folder. Otherwise it will try to import DDS, PSD, JPG, PNG and all junk inside the game, making it crash!

7) Drag and drop the entire folder to InstallMOD.bat (but beware, it must be 'the same type' of MOD).

Eg: if you are right now using 'Lara Nude Mod (Leather Jacket)' and you modified it, just drag and drop the edited folder over it (but just backup your original bigfile.update3.000.000.tiger just in case). I have backups like 'bigfile.update3.000.000.tiger LARA LEATHER.7z', 'bigfile.update3.000.000.tiger LARA LEATHER + TANLINE.7z' and such, so if an error occurs in TANLINE, I can rollback to 'just' leather jack and reapply my change directly .

okay.jpg.39fbf7fdc5f513115869dcad44cc7c98.jpg

This is one of my first attempts, so perhaps the tanline needs some smoothing in the edges.

Edited by ivanon
Typo

Hi, I am new to this thread. I have 20th anniversary Edition version 1.0.767.2  The nude mod just doesn't work and I don't know why. I will really appreciated if someone can help me to figure this one. This mod is really awesome.

P.S. I am a modder of DOA5LR.  Here is Christie sexy nude dancing video I made: 

On 1/12/2022 at 10:24 PM, daydreamer250 said:

Hi, I am new to this thread. I have 20th anniversary Edition version 1.0.767.2  The nude mod just doesn't work and I don't know why. I will really appreciated if someone can help me to figure this one. This mod is really awesome.

I have bought the steam version. The mod doesn't work in EPIC versions. And it seems to stop working even in Steam since 1.0.1027. Both K MOD (Kaldaien Mod) and InstallMOD variants weren't working anymore). I did a rollback (forcing to a beta version, 813) in Steam, and now InstallMOD works. K MOD doesn't make the game even start (the green button 'PLAY' comes back). I noticed if I rename 'dxgi.dll' from K MOD it works, but without the magic as it wont read dxgi.ini.  So I am playing with Beta 813 for now.

Oh, there is a RESHADE mod that makes the game brighter and cutier. You can see 'more' of Lara. You need 'ReShade_Setup_4.7.0'  and 'UHG Reshade ROTTR-11-1-0-1576951848'. There are tutorials around the web, it's not hard to use as reshader does all automatically, you just press 'HOME' key when entering the game that a console will appear with color options. Surprisingly it also contains its own dgxi.dll, BUT it wont work with the K MOD dgxi.ini. It will skip the 'texture replacement' and other 3d tricks. Thats bad. But anyway, I am playing with reshade while using installMOD with no issues.

I don't know if 813 is the best beta version. There won't be much beta versions to choose in Steam. There isn't a 850 or 1026 version listed there.

DOA5LR is a really nice 3d model !! She is as beautiful as 'E-boobs version 3' used at Jill in Resident Evil 3 Remake.

Edited by ivanon
1 hour ago, daydreamer250 said:

Steam or EGS release? Error message? Builds that work with mods listed below.

Pirated : v1.0 build 820.0_64

Steam release : Use 813 under Beta builds.

EGS (Epic Game store) : Does not work

Any builds older then what I have listed or other then I listed, I do not know how to help you. As I can't test them. I can confirm the builds I listed above work. As I have tested them. I also have both the pirated build above and the Steam build above on my computer. The latest Steam release, does not work with mods. At least via the tool. The tool will have to be updated and so far, no one seems interested including the original creator.

Pirated version instructions : Find the build, install it, and the launcher should say "v1.0 build 820.0_64" in the bottom RIGHT HAND corner.) Then use the instructions in the video below starting at 3:20. I CANNOT help you find the correct build off the internet. My advice? Just buy the game.

Video for newbies on how to get mods working with Steam :  Credit to the youtuber for this video. I found it on ROTR nexus mods. I take absolutely no credit for this video.

Edited by Hakufu1021
23 hours ago, ivanon said:

I really love this model.

I was trying to edit the texture of Lara_Bikini_Tan Line_version-X (Replace 0953, Replace 1032, Replace 2462, Replace 5715 and Replace 5723), which uses the same texture.

What I did:
1) Noesis - > Export 'Replace 0953.tr2pcd' to PNG (also tried with JPG version).
2) Edited in Photoshop
3) Saved as PNG
4) Noesis to export back to DDS, and then DDS->tr2pcd.

!output3.jpg.52a22bfa7caec008431baf94fd46388c.jpg

In fact, Noesis doesnt like to convert PNG or JPG directly to tr2pcd, so I let it export to DDS first.
The problem is the resulted DDS became 134mb (PNG is 21mb). Then, when I exported it back to tr2pcd, it asked for a 'target tr2pcd'. I created a copy of 'Replace 0953.tr2pcd' to, say, 'STUB.tr2pcd', and used it. I tried 'not ticked' at 'no animations', 'no geometry', then I tried ticking one, then both.

The final file Replaceoutout.tr2pcd became with 134mb, and when dragging the MOD to InstallMOD.bat, it came out like this:

!output.jpg.9a229eb4935f685036e8941d61686552.jpg

Instead of

!output2.jpg.ed8b8c68db4ada1492df26e0811e71bb.jpg

The game crashed obviously. I then reapplied the original Lara_Bikini_Tan Line_version-X MOD over it, and the game worked again.

20220112191943_1.jpg.15c3b3b7dc2fd17620066ef853ad647f.jpg

Is there a different way to export the edited PNG back to tr2pcd? Perhaps using blender? I would surely LOVE to see my Lara with a more contrasted tanline and a pinkier nipple.

Is that mods from Mr Josh?

9 hours ago, daydreamer250 said:

Hi Guys,

I installed the connect version of the game but the mods still not working. Someone said the mods won't support the Epic version of the game.

How can I tell if this is the Epic version?  Here is my game.

Just check your game folder.

If there is steam_api64.dll, it's a steam version.

Also, remember there are many 'types' of MODS so far. Below are the ones that use installMOD (K MOD not working in my versions so far)

.Lara Nude Mod (Leather Jacket) by LovelyLad
        .Slight Jiggly Lara-25-1-7-1607418686
        .Lara_Nude_Mod_(Big Boobs)_Version-X

The add-ons (like bikini, etc) only works with the same 'type' above. Eg: Lara_Bikini_Tan Line_version-X (only works with Version-X).

With some versions/PCs, one or the other above may not work. There are cases it works just after a restart due to 'dirty memory' during mod installs.

Also, check if , when dragging the folder to InstallMOD.bat, there is some messages running (and a progress like 'compressing section'). If you drag a folder and it exits quickly, then it hasnt executed the right folder. I remember some MODs that required you to drag the inner 'MOD' folder, not the root folder.

Edited by ivanon
2 hours ago, daydreamer250 said:

Hi Guys,

I installed the connect version of the game but the mods still not working. Someone said the mods won't support the Epic version of the game.

How can I tell if this is the Epic version?

That's the correct version, it's the old Steam version that most of the mods were made for. This version was never available on Epic.

8.20 has the highest mod compatibility, so the version is fine and you must be doing something else wrong.

What mods did you try installing?

1 hour ago, Budz said:

That's the correct version, it's the old Steam version that most of the mods were made for. This version was never available on Epic.

8.20 has the highest mod compatibility, so the version is fine and you must be doing something else wrong.

What mods did you try installing?

It's working now. The problem I have was that I didn't drag the mod root folder to the installMod.bat. Finally got it working. Thanks for all the helps.