Few questions.

1. What's the difference between the Patched NOLAW file and the normal mod?

2. Is this mod compatible with Carnalitas and/or Harem Doctrines?

3. I'm a bit confused by the mod description. Does it make it so only your vassals can only have female successors or does it also do it for the player? As in, if the Allfather dies, will that mean I would play as a female offspring instead of the player heir?

15 minutes ago, RichterQ87 said:

Few questions.

3. I'm a bit confused by the mod description. Does it make it so only your vassals can only have female successors or does it also do it for the player? As in, if the Allfather dies, will that mean I would play as a female offspring instead of the player heir?

1. in the normal mod you have to create the religion first and then you have to set your gender law to allfather. The NOLAW file sets the law for you, so you only have to create the religion.

2. Carnalitas is compatible and Harem Doctrines is redundant, as this mod incorporated all the laws from Harem Doctrines.

3. You will continue with a male heir and all your vassals will only continue with a female one.

1 minute ago, plebejer said:

1. in the normal mod you have to create the religion first and then you have to set your gender law to allfather. The NOLAW file sets the law for you, so you only have to create the religion.

2. Carnalitas is compatible and Harem Doctrines is redundant, as this mod incorporated all the laws from Harem Doctrines.

3. You will continue with a male heir and all your vassals will only continue with a female one.

Okay cool, thanks for the quick reply.

I dont know if its too buggy or what ...

I have allfahter religion [usual 50 wives and 999 concu, equal gender law]

just few bugs I noticed ... I granted my mother land ... and she entered into concubinate with my dead father [or she has necrophilia fetish], few vasals entered to concubinate with me ... some no [yes they have my religion], also I noticed I must have polyamory to transfer my vasals from concubinate to marriage - so one tenet spent to something that should be under allfather marriege doctrine.

Dont get me wrong ... love the idea of the mod, but until its fixed i keep it disabled.

... just a suggestion to achieve what you want without some scripted [and not very reliable] force-concubinate options. I dont know if its possible but make marriage polygamous [wives and concubines] for men and monogamous for women. Liege have power to break marriage between his vassals [no opinion penalty for future divorced woman against you] and manually make her your concubine with strong resistance against romancing schemes.

2 hours ago, Notarius said:

I dont know if its too buggy or what ...

I have allfahter religion [usual 50 wives and 999 concu, equal gender law]

just few bugs I noticed ... I granted my mother land ... and she entered into concubinate with my dead father [or she has necrophilia fetish], few vasals entered to concubinate with me ... some no [yes they have my religion], also I noticed I must have polyamory to transfer my vasals from concubinate to marriage - so one tenet spent to something that should be under allfather marriege doctrine.

Dont get me wrong ... love the idea of the mod, but until its fixed i keep it disabled.

... just a suggestion to achieve what you want without some scripted [and not very reliable] force-concubinate options. I dont know if its possible but make marriage polygamous [wives and concubines] for men and monogamous for women. Liege have power to break marriage between his vassals [no opinion penalty for future divorced woman against you] and manually make her your concubine with strong resistance against romancing schemes.

edit. so my vassals dont accept marriage from me not because polyamory but polygamy [disabled for this mod] ... so no marriage with vassals. Also... mother .. she is my concubine ... just a picture of her show her dead husband next to her not me [this is probably bug]. And the vassal that dont change to concubine even if she is follower of allfather - she can marry and only way to correct that is changing gender law [so 500 prestige] and than back again [another 500] ... she divorce and become my concubine as intended. But i dont know if it is stable ... maybe i try few years to see how it fluctulate [but 1000 prestige to bug fix is a lot].

23 minutes ago, Notarius said:

edit. so my vassals dont accept marriage from me not because polyamory but polygamy [disabled for this mod] ... so no marriage with vassals. Also... mother .. she is my concubine ... just a picture of her show her dead husband next to her not me [this is probably bug]. And the vassal that dont change to concubine even if she is follower of allfather - she can marry and only way to correct that is changing gender law [so 500 prestige] and than back again [another 500] ... she divorce and become my concubine as intended. But i dont know if it is stable ... maybe i try few years to see how it fluctulate [but 1000 prestige to bug fix is a lot].

Not sure what you mean when you say polygamy is disabled since you said you have the usual 50 wife and 999 concubine slots, but the former husband showing as the partner portrait for a concubine is a vanilla behavior for whatever reason. If they have no former husband the slot usually shows up blank. I do think I've seen my character properly displayed as a concubine's partner before, but why it happened that time and not all the others is beyond me.

9 minutes ago, ToastBaron said:

Not sure what you mean when you say polygamy is disabled since you said you have the usual 50 wife and 999 concubine slots, but the former husband showing as the partner portrait for a concubine is a vanilla behavior for whatever reason. If they have no former husband the slot usually shows up blank. I do think I've seen my character properly displayed as a concubine's partner before, but why it happened that time and not all the others is beyond me.

for example ... now she cant get married because for vassals polygamy is disabled, but if its some1 from my court [unlanded, single] .... no problem ... i didnt test 50 wives, I tested 5 ... so more than normal polygamy [1 main, 3 secondary], even it didnt show new icons [only 3 secondary] ... but i have at my court 5 wives.

New Bitmap Image.bmp

20 minutes ago, Notarius said:

for example ... now she cant get married because for vassals polygamy is disabled, but if its some1 from my court [unlanded, single] .... no problem ... i didnt test 50 wives, I tested 5 ... so more than normal polygamy [1 main, 3 secondary], even it didnt show new icons [only 3 secondary] ... but i have at my court 5 wives.

New Bitmap Image.bmp 4.12 MB · 1 download

or this is better shown .... my sister ... first I married her, no problem - than I gave her duchy of Navarra - she divorced me and became my concubine without chance to marry her [she also have negative for her own non-existed marriage?]. Now part with divorce and not able to marry is set by the mod [if some1 is landed it divorce without chance to become someone - even me - a wife, or some1 else concubine. Also fun test ... her heir was our mother [oldest from female] ... when i killed her [debug], my wife was in the line so I lost another wife. So expect huge cascading effect putting close relative as vassals-concubine if one of their relatives in in line to be heir after they die and wife is next in line.

New Bitmap Image.bmp

On 10/6/2020 at 10:43 PM, judobeer said:

Ever since changing my inheritance to Allfather I've been getting deposed for my heir like every other week is this a bug or not just interested as it's getting annoying to kill of my heirs 24/7. Also is it suposed to happen that the vassals of my vassals become my concubines?

The idea atm is that all possible vassals turn to the opposite gender(atm only works while playing as a male at the top), but someone reported problems with cities and baronies, so i limited it to all vassals with a county or more.

hmm, it is weird that you're getting deposed like that, I have been running for a few ingame years without issues, but again I also play with vampire mods so I don't really die as well.

On 10/6/2020 at 11:25 PM, plebejer said:

@dickbiggere

Just did a quick test - it seems like on "Male Dominated" it works perfekt.

I tried playing on "Equal". In which case it reverts to equal gender law after a few cycles.

Howewer - if you enact the law again, it seems to work. (thank the console for getting every strong vassal to forget any former grievances...)

I don't know if it's connected to the title being male only at first (after resetting, it changed every title to equal), or too many males are in line first.

I may do a few more test runs before going to bed.

##edit

Male only was bs - none are. seems as though I can't trust my eyes anymore.

If on equal it goes one cycle and sets every title to equal succession.

The ones that were male preference will have a male ruler, or a female but not as a concubine.

##edit2

After a few tries - here's the final verdict:

If on Equal, any male preference title gets set to equal and one ruler gets deposed.

Any woman that is landed beforehand will become your concubine.

Any woman that has become landed through one of the aforementioned, now deposed men, will not become your concubine.

After that, if you set the law again, it works perfectly.

I am aware that there are still stability issues, I have also been thinking about the whole gender working behind all the code, and Ill see what I can do.

On a side note something I noticed myself and bugged me to death was the fact I wasn't able to marry freely as the AI hated anything withouth specifically polygamy doctrine, so I will upload a version which is a bit less compatible but should fix all marriage issues to the AI regarding any doctrine that allows more than 1 spouse.

5 hours ago, RichterQ87 said:

Few questions.

1. Nolaw doesn't require you to adopt the law yourself but will rather change if for you as soon as you adopt the doctrine.

2. I play with carnalitas, but not with Harem Doctrines ( BUT you don't need harem doctrines, atm everything from there is in here. The reason why I don't use it is because of some compatibility issue which is ofc duh after I tried it)

3. The goal is to make all vassals into opposite sex(atm females) and require any successor to be female as well, while on the contrary the top liege will be male and have male heirs.

The only thing it basically does is set the vassals to use the vanilla way of choosing female only successors, but with some flags turned off and making it impossible for anyone but you to marry or make them to concubines, and the same goes for you as the top liege but for males.

However, still a work in progress and there are lots of small bugs. But that is the intended idea.

EDIT; Saw someone posted you can disregard the wall of text if you want.

38 minutes ago, Notarius said:

or this is better shown .... my sister ... first I married her, no problem - than I gave her duchy of Navarra - she divorced me and became my concubine without chance to marry her [she also have negative for her own non-existed marriage?]. Now part with divorce and not able to marry is set by the mod [if some1 is landed it divorce without chance to become someone - even me - a wife, or some1 else concubine. Also fun test ... her heir was our mother [oldest from female] ... when i killed her [debug], my wife was in the line so I lost another wife. So expect huge cascading effect putting close relative as vassals-concubine if one of their relatives in in line to be heir after they die and wife is next in line.

New Bitmap Image.bmp 4.12 MB · 0 downloads

You can see my post about it, the new 0.4.8MarryMe should fix it. It's not something on me, it's paradox who didn't properly flag their things,

since in vanilla there is only one doctrines that allows more than one spouse they only checked for that doctrine, my fix however changes a vanilla file so it will be less compatible.

17 hours ago, whateverdontcare said:

I don't understand the files to download. There's 0.48, and 0.48 nolaw, and 0.48 marryme, and then 0.5. 0.5 is obviously the most recent, but then what about the important bugfix in marryme and the version that doesn't require the law?

All bugfixes are included in 0.5 Just kept them for posterity, and since someone might want the law thingy.

Without further objections, I will continue working solely on the NOLAW branch, because alot of things becomes alot easier to program.

On 10/7/2020 at 11:50 PM, dickbiggere said:

hmm, it is weird that you're getting deposed like that, I have been running for a few ingame years without issues, but again I also play with vampire mods so I don't really die as well.

I was on my second generation 20 years in when it happened It was really annoying but the fix was kill your heirs hope to grow old enough and force marry everyone important using a mod.

Edit: Also the mod has real performance issues as the game takes about 1-5 minutes per week with the allfather law enabled whilst without it I do a year or two in a minute without pop ups

4 hours ago, judobeer said:

I was on my second generation 20 years in when it happened It was really annoying but the fix was kill your heirs hope to grow old enough and force marry everyone important using a mod.

Edit: Also the mod has real performance issues as the game takes about 1-5 minutes per week with the allfather law enabled whilst without it I do a year or two in a minute without pop ups

Yes, that is something of a priority for me. Not sure what a good solution is, since some of the popups that keep popping up you might want a sort of sum of events so to speak.

Cool mod, very neat concept, right up my alley in terms of my fetishes...

BUUUUUUUUUUUT...

After playing about 50 years, here are some observations, suggestions, bug reports that I hope can make this mod more fun:

My expectation when downloading:  I'm gonna cuck the world!

Reality (as demonstrated by debug tool): I am being cucked by the world! Out of about 100 children, only like half of them are even mine, lol. every few years my spymaster catches about a dozen adulteresses. hooks, relations and attraction traits don't seem to matter. presumably things like lover or soulmate do, but i got more important things to do with personal schemes...

Overall the impregnation RNG chance seems low, many vassals had no children after 20 years, maybe the RNG is balanced for 1-4 spouses but not like, 30?

Suggestion: A mass orgy event where you preg all available vassals.

Another few issues that I think stem from base game mechanics:

- it's impossible to grant fiefs to women de novo (at least when using a male dominated religion), maybe an event to distribute titles could be nice?

- children are 50:50 male/female, which of course is realistic but kind of a micro nightmare when you have 30 spouses. concubines' daughters can inherit, but concubines' sons are kinda useless. not sure if it would be possible to create some custom events where sons of concubines are automatically disinherited, or better make them birth 100% daughters?

- upon succession, all non-primary titles still go to sons... who then have to be murdered, otherwise you have to wait until they die naturally and their daughters inherit. having a custom inheritance law that distributes primary titles to the main heir and non-primary titles to daughters would be nice.

- when you have a... large.... family the stress penalties really start adding up. for whatever reason your relatives start dying of stress in big batches (some sort of character pruning mechanism?) in the 30-40s, and when you have 100 half-siblings... that's an unmanageable level of stress. pretty much have to use cheat codes at that point. need to mod in some way of nerfing the stress gain from family members dying.

- sometimes the AI seems to change succession laws, so that men start inheriting. seems to happen for kingdom-tier titles fairly often.

- if someone becomes a vassal while being underage, upon coming of age the concubine relation is not set up correctly...

15 hours ago, camistrie said:

Cool mod, very neat concept, right up my alley in terms of my fetishes...

BUUUUUUUUUUUT...

After playing about 50 years, here are some observations, suggestions, bug reports that I hope can make this mod more fun:

My expectation when downloading:  I'm gonna cuck the world!

Reality (as demonstrated by debug tool): I am being cucked by the world! Out of about 100 children, only like half of them are even mine, lol. every few years my spymaster catches about a dozen adulteresses. hooks, relations and attraction traits don't seem to matter. presumably things like lover or soulmate do, but i got more important things to do with personal schemes...

Overall the impregnation RNG chance seems low, many vassals had no children after 20 years, maybe the RNG is balanced for 1-4 spouses but not like, 30?

Suggestion: A mass orgy event where you preg all available vassals.

Another few issues that I think stem from base game mechanics:

- it's impossible to grant fiefs to women de novo (at least when using a male dominated religion), maybe an event to distribute titles could be nice?

- children are 50:50 male/female, which of course is realistic but kind of a micro nightmare when you have 30 spouses. concubines' daughters can inherit, but concubines' sons are kinda useless. not sure if it would be possible to create some custom events where sons of concubines are automatically disinherited, or better make them birth 100% daughters?

- upon succession, all non-primary titles still go to sons... who then have to be murdered, otherwise you have to wait until they die naturally and their daughters inherit. having a custom inheritance law that distributes primary titles to the main heir and non-primary titles to daughters would be nice.

- when you have a... large.... family the stress penalties really start adding up. for whatever reason your relatives start dying of stress in big batches (some sort of character pruning mechanism?) in the 30-40s, and when you have 100 half-siblings... that's an unmanageable level of stress. pretty much have to use cheat codes at that point. need to mod in some way of nerfing the stress gain from family members dying.

- sometimes the AI seems to change succession laws, so that men start inheriting. seems to happen for kingdom-tier titles fairly often.

- if someone becomes a vassal while being underage, upon coming of age the concubine relation is not set up correctly...

On 10/6/2020 at 8:05 AM, zargod said:

Is this what AllfatherNOLAW.0.4.8 is meant to do? Because it does not seem to do anything in terms of setting up female vassals, inheritance, etc. Should I be leaving it to run for longer?

Also, should we be running the running the StressQuickFix mentioned in HD here:

Or has it already been incorporated into this mod?

Thanks for all your work on this.

You should probably grab the stress fix mentioned here by Rizmordan, it's a known problem for vanilla and the 100+ kids dynasties.

The whole lover ordeal should be fixed in the new release, while half the kids not being mine is not bothering me. The whole spamming of women constantly being found out did.

And you should be able to kill them off now if they're within ur grasp.

The whole 50-50 thing I wholeheartedly agree, but as it stands paradox don't allow changes on a realm level or simple event level atm, but rather only world wide changes.

The whole inheritence thingy is something I tinkered with in the beginning, while I sort of agree I cannot deny that the others who doesn't want that is still a thing,

and I'm leaning more for letting both have their thing, I will see however if I will create an easier way of primogeniture for the clansmen.

The coming of age thingy might be fixed now, I think it had with bethrotals to do. Since I kept noticing bethrotals with those who weren't set up correctly.

So it should automatically fix that as well now.

Might have inkling on why the other topics happen, if you could bring an error log or debug log of the sort it might help.

On 10/12/2020 at 12:22 AM, A_guy_with_the_plan said:

you might want to add a guide for installing. i have 5.1 but cant seem to find all father doc or tent

Not sure what tent is. Documentationwise the most I have set up is on the first page with the first post.

it should also specify how to install, which you do by unzipping into the  ./documents/paradox interactive/crusader kings 3/mod folder

17 minutes ago, PeterHell said:

There might be a need for a scripted pregnancy event for your concubine vassals. Game has a hard limit of +2 children per couple, but you might be getting all the children quota from your wife and first few concubine, leaving the rest barren.

Also an option is changing the defines. I already changed mine to massively increase the amount. Just making it

EXTRA_CHILDREN_FOR_PLAYERS = 50

13 hours ago, whateverdontcare said:

Also an option is changing the defines. I already changed mine to massively increase the amount. Just making it

EXTRA_CHILDREN_FOR_PLAYERS = 50

Good idea. I also increase the fertility reduction for the mother per additional child.

16 hours ago, PeterHell said:

There might be a need for a scripted pregnancy event for your concubine vassals. Game has a hard limit of +2 children per couple, but you might be getting all the children quota from your wife and first few concubine, leaving the rest barren.

I have indeed been thinking about it ever since the issue of people's concubines not getting pregnant. I have been researching into how the impregnation events works. But from what I've seen there it is not moddable itself, and I will probably as you suggest have to write my own event for it.