TK17 movie format ?

I'm trying to add some movies to the TK17 media folder, but cannot play them with the internal player.

The videos I have are converted to .avi.

I can see a blank thumbnail and nothing happens when I click play.

Do I have to set them to a certain aspect ratio/codec in order to have them played ?

I wanted to test out the new greenscreen/TV feature from Marburg.

I use the ffmpeg.exe program to convert my clips to AVI files. The codec it uses by default is recognized by the Media Player.

The best dimension depends on the type of screen but in general, the MediaPlayer works best with square clips (like 800x800 or 640x640 pixels).

ffmpeg.exe can also be used to scale or crop the clips to any dimension you want.

I've never dug in to see exactly what the program will or won't play, but anything XviD works just fine for me. Doesn't seem to matter about size or aspect ratio. I also have the full K-Lite codec pack installed, so maybe that has something to do with it?

Maybe need lav filters??? Lavf58.20.100 h264 in mp4 with aac is what showed up in my clip that worked here

Unlikely. remember that this game is ancient. H264 didnt exist back then.

I convert all my video clips with ffmpeg.exe - the AVI codec it uses by default works with the MediaPlayer.

If you can't play those other clips, there must be some other problem because they al use the same codec

2 hours ago, Marburg said:

Unlikely. remember that this game is ancient. H264 didnt exist back then.

I convert all my video clips with ffmpeg.exe - the AVI codec it uses by default works with the MediaPlayer.

If you can't play those other clips, there must be some other problem because they al use the same codec

I don't think is really has anything to do with the game, it's just whatever codecs you have installed. I have the complete k-lite pack, so my game will play pretty much anything I throw at it, as long as it's in an avi container. I use Premiere for most things, so it defaults to MPEG4 (DivX/Xvid). Never had a problem with it. It's an old player, so it'll use the standard overlay. If you've used some third-party utility to tweak your codec settings (like maybe forcing everything to use the DirectX overlay) that might be a problem. I don't know, and I'm not about to go check. My shit works, I kinda like to keep it that way! :)

One thought: If you ARE using a codec that wants the DX overlay, AND you're using Hook, that might be a conflict in itself. I don't know, I usually run OpenGL.

I have Hook4. I use it for like ONE THING... To shine a light directly in the bedroom window at night. I can ALMOST get the same effect with just the light controls. I have the free versions of Hook5 somewhere. I installed it once, about a year ago; took one look at it, and said, "I don't have time for this shit!"