FO4 NV

I just happened upon an article for Fallout 4 New Vegas.  https://www.dsogaming.com/screenshot-news/new-screenshots-released-for-the-fallout-new-vegas-remake-in-fallout-4-engine-fallout-4-new-vegas/

It looks good, but it says it uses the FO4 engine.  Does that mean that when it comes out, it well be about as well modded as FO4?  I'm guess the FO4 engine is what is keeping the modders from showing any lasting interest in the game.

2 hours ago, gregathit said:

I dearly love FNV, but is an unstable mess.  If they can port it into FO4 and keep the stability that FO4 offers, that will be awesome.

Also very interested in FO3 being ported into FO4.  

I really hope that FO4:NV and The Capital Wasteland are sharing assets with each other to speed up production. The standalone feral ghoul mod from Capital Westland is a thing of rotten beauty.  

This looks cool, but it will realistically take a very long time, and a lot of mods may not be compatible with it unless they are patched.  Unless I missed something, I didn't even see a download option.  So I'll definitely keep an eye on it, but I wouldn't hold my breath for anything quick.  It is a massive amount of work.  For projects of comparable scope, look into Tamriel Rebuilt for Morrowind or Skywind, which is basically trying to recreate Morrowind with Skyrim's engine.  Both projects have been around for a while, and are still not complete.

On 9/28/2020 at 6:41 PM, cailic said:

I just happened upon an article for Fallout 4 New Vegas.  https://www.dsogaming.com/screenshot-news/new-screenshots-released-for-the-fallout-new-vegas-remake-in-fallout-4-engine-fallout-4-new-vegas/

It looks good, but it says it uses the FO4 engine.  Does that mean that when it comes out, it well be about as well modded as FO4?  I'm guess the FO4 engine is what is keeping the modders from showing any lasting interest in the game.

Yes Fallout 4  ESM Elder Scroll Master like Skyum  

On 9/29/2020 at 4:41 AM, cailic said:

I wouldn't say it's engine - aside from the damn PreVis breaking if you look at it funny, the engine itself is one the best for modding in gaming history. FO4 MCM, for example, is much easier to work with than the one for Skyrim. Quite a lot of limitations have gone, the new archive format can hold gigabytes of data. The engine is pretty much stable now, esp. with Buffout 4.

It's the game itself being as fucking boring, immature and chaotic as it is, not having a single writer or sensible management during its creation phase which keeps modders away. If FO4:NV will be released, it will certainly spark some interest. Unless it will be so late that everyone will move on to something else.

• 2 weeks later...

A new trailer has appeared. :)I recognize familiar locations, plus factions. Unfortunately, Vegas itself wasn't shown. I wonder how they will map the game world - whether it will be 1: 1 or will creators add new content.
Personally, I hope that the Strip will be one, larger location. And also the game NPCs and locations were more populated.