[mod] Sexbound Lucario Support

Sexbound Lucario Support

These patches add Sexbound API support for the Lucario Race

"These"?? Well there is more than one version. Further explanation below.

There is more than one version of this support due to a feature Sexbound API recently added, race specific moans and orgasms.

Two versions were created based on community feedback: One with Custom sounds for the Lucario and the other using Default SxB sounds. The one with custom sounds has both moans and orgasms for both genders. These sounds being made by scratch to try to fit the lucario better. Although because only a subset of people would enjoy that, a version using only SxB defaults is also available (granted SxB default has males without moans and only orgasms).

With these two versions, also exists alternate versions of the other two. There is both a .pak and .zip of both custom sounds and default sounds. You should see your choices on the download popup. The .pak is easy to install and is the faster loading of methods. The .zip is for people who want to adjust the values inside the support, preferring a bit of control for a personalized experience.

Noteworthy Mentions

This support was originally made by [TheBusySWAT] Alastor

Outside of an earlier incident, where the support was shut down in the past, the support needed a bit of love in order to come back to life for recent Sexbound. The Lucario Race are the most customizable race out of all Starbound Race mods. This is due to the sprite being able to change body shape based upon what colors  were chosen. After a long time of the support being shut down, I was eventually approached in a reasonable matter to get the support back up.

So with help from Alastor, I got the support back functioning. With the touches being of the Lucario Race Developer(me), it should be on par with quality.

The support well supports all customization aspects of the lucario with an exclusion of neutral bodies. Just like how males gain a dick upon becoming a sex node, it was determined to make all neutral bodied females gain breasts upon becoming a node.

Installation

Finding Your Mods Folder
If you are using steam, go to your steam library and right click starbound. In the small menu that pops up, select properties. Got to the local files tab and select to browse your local files. The "mods" folder should be right there.

If you are not using steam, go to your download location for Starbound(probably inside Program Files (x86), but do not know for Mac or Linux). Inside the folder named "Starbound", should be the "mods" folder.

ZIP Installation
Place the .zip file inside the mods folder, extract the contents. Now check to make sure the folder newly created in the mods folder opens up to see a folder named "artworks", if it instead has a single folder inside named the same thing as the folder you just entered; grab that folder and move it out into the mods folder and then delete the duplicate empty folder. (we call this folder nesting and can cause it to not work)

PAK Installation
Place the .pak file inside the mods folder. That's it.

Required Mods

A copy of the Lucario Race

Steam:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1356955138

Github (remove the .git file and you'll have to keep up with installing the new updates manually, yourself.)
https://github.com/Zancuno/Lucario-race

Races Compatible to Pregnancies

Umbreon

Permissions

Lucario Race Developer joined the Sexbound Community.

If you want to do any edits to the support, be sure to contact me to get knowledge on how to do so. An image guide as to how to re-create the sprites has been included in the support (get the .zip to see) due to the sprite complexity. Nether the less you may need some help with the sprites in some cases. If you do create something without asking first, then show it to me when its near completion in case compatibility concerns arise.

• 11 months later...
On 9/9/2021 at 2:25 AM, KrisMemer said:

will this get POV support?

Maybe, haven't touched the support for a bit.
For custom POV, I have to make the artwork myself and that is a little higher detail than just pixel art. It has to match up with other POV's and well... I have to make it look good.

Granted I am working on Something that SxB will probably be taking advantage of soon, which is a mod that allows clothing/armor to swap their images to match your species and body type instantly so long as support is made. With a little work, I'm adding in a feature to allow status effects to alter which images are used and the SxB dev is interested in using this to allow SxB to swap the images of your current clothing to show a pregnancy bump while the pregnancy status effect is active.

Working on finishing this mod, so when that is done, SxB and other supports may end up making updates to work for this.

On 9/11/2021 at 11:09 PM, Zancuno said:

Maybe, haven't touched the support for a bit.
For custom POV, I have to make the artwork myself and that is a little higher detail than just pixel art. It has to match up with other POV's and well... I have to make it look good.

Granted I am working on Something that SxB will probably be taking advantage of soon, which is a mod that allows clothing/armor to swap their images to match your species and body type instantly so long as support is made. With a little work, I'm adding in a feature to allow status effects to alter which images are used and the SxB dev is interested in using this to allow SxB to swap the images of your current clothing to show a pregnancy bump while the pregnancy status effect is active.

Working on finishing this mod, so when that is done, SxB and other supports may end up making updates to work for this.

You're ALSO gonna have SxB integrate into it?!

On 9/14/2021 at 12:07 AM, Artus_ said:

You're ALSO gonna have SxB integrate into it?!

I recognize that name from Reddit, hope you enjoyed the mind bend there.

SxB isn't the only mod that'll take advantage of Armor Adapt. I do not need to add SxB files to Armor Adapt for them to work together. Just a few changes to SxB and some images added in and whenever Armor Adapt is installed, the pregnancy effect will change the images of your outfit. The compatibility stuff SxB would need to work with Armor Adapt can be safely stored in SxB without any issues if Armor Adapt is uninstalled. The compatibility will just be sitting there, waiting for the mod to be installed.

On 9/20/2021 at 8:18 AM, Zancuno said:

I recognize that name from Reddit, hope you enjoyed the mind bend there.

SxB isn't the only mod that'll take advantage of Armor Adapt. I do not need to add SxB files to Armor Adapt for them to work together. Just a few changes to SxB and some images added in and whenever Armor Adapt is installed, the pregnancy effect will change the images of your outfit. The compatibility stuff SxB would need to work with Armor Adapt can be safely stored in SxB without any issues if Armor Adapt is uninstalled. The compatibility will just be sitting there, waiting for the mod to be installed.

Now this is exciting.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Nanosentinel said:

Well, such idea as Armor Adapt is very cool. Everything seemed to working, at least it seemed so. But then discovered some problems with SxB nodes and avian dungeons. I hope only with this...

Log attachedstarbound.log

The purely technical side of the language is extremely lacking ...

Hmm, i see mention of a issue with lots of lucario armors, and similarly, in the avian armor in particular. Lemme ask something, is this mod necessary?

Spoiler
'Lucario_Paw_Spike_Remover' at 'D:\program files\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\211820\2232652761\contents.pak'

It's loading after the main Lucario race and maybe replacing some of it's values with older ones. I would recommend you try removing it before removing armor Adapt.

19 hours ago, red3dred said:

It's loading after the main Lucario race and maybe replacing some of it's values with older ones. I would recommend you try removing it before removing armor Adapt.

Well, I tryed to remove both spike remover aaand... nothing.

When npc go to SxB object (bed, table, etc) its just disappears and object becomes non-clickable, like if it is being used by someone.

Line 1188 starbound.log

Edited by Nanosentinel
Misprint detected
2 hours ago, Nanosentinel said:

Well, I tryed to remove both spike remover aaand... nothing.

When npc go to SxB object (bed, table, etc) its just disappears and object becomes non-clickable, like if it is being used by someone.

Line 1188 starbound.log

Yeah i've shown the issue to Zancuno and they've reviewed the code. It's a conflict in Sexbound with ArmorAdapt.

Either Locuturus will come out of the woodwork some day and fix it, or i believe Zancuno may have a random solution cooked up and ready to distribute in the meanwhile.

Edited by red3dred
  • 7 months later...

So... I went to install the Lucario mod for Starbound and I went to give it some tests, however, for some reason it keeps teleporting to me all the time for no reason, I don't know if this is normal or is it's own same mod. But a strange problem that is happening to me is when he gets into some act with some monster in the game, it simply creates a second lucario that didn't exist before while the other continues with the acts, I don't understand why this is happening. :/

starbound.log

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
32 minutes ago, Moxpholight said:

when it comes to downloading the lucario race mod how do you get rid of git i have never downloaded from that site

You can always just use a Workshop downloader and get the Steam version. Looks shady but i've used it several times with no issues.

http://steamworkshop.download/

It gives you a ZIP with the PAK file inside. Rename the contents.pak to "Lucario Race.pak" or something and just put that in your mods Folder, should do the job.