Threads not showing as read

Veta

I originaly had hat the problem that the toolbar with emoticons, spoilers and the rest wasn't showing ,

I reinstaled mozilla and that fixed it but there is no spell checking and threads aren't turned grey when i have read them.

I thought this was a mozilla problem so I tried IE but the same thing , then I tried Chrome , the same thing .

Is anyone else expiriencing this ?

What could have caused it ? because I have done a java and falshplayer reinstall .

Database tracking of topics being unread/read was disabled a couple weeks ago to save some server resources, which instead offloads it to cookies.

From my experience, it seems to track them fine if you go to the category directly and then select threads individually. If you go to a thread from the "most recent post" part on the right in the category listing however, than it doesn't track properly.

That has proven an annoying bug for the cookie tracking though, and I'm tired of explaining it every couple days when somebody brings it up. So I've gone ahead and switched it back to database tracking and things should track properly from here on.

Archived