Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning Nude mods

Tried with the same Texmod as the one I used for the old game and no it didn't work. Is there anyway to unpackage the packages so maybe we can repackage them for the current game? As the work is really already done. Maybe just using the old mods to trace the nipples and put them on the new texture. Or even AI upscale the old textures.

On 9/12/2020 at 7:47 PM, axellslade said:

Texmod is DX9 only as far as I'm aware and the game is now DX10/11 so it won't work no matter what. Maybe resorep works, haven't tried.

is so not right, TexMod works with DX11-Compatible TexMod :classic_wink:

https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=203943&page=2

I believe @KoolHndLuke is using Win10, but here for the old KoA: R 2019.

1 hour ago, winny257 said:

is so not right, TexMod works with DX11-Compatible TexMod :classic_wink:

https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=203943&page=2

I believe @KoolHndLuke is using Win10, but here for the old KoA: R 2019.

KoA Re Reckoning is a DX 10/11 game, in the very link you posted VictorXD says Texmod only works for DX9 games. 

That mod you linked is for the original version of the game and doesn't not work with the remaster. 

Don't see the point of your post.

4 hours ago, axellslade said:

KoA Re Reckoning is a DX 10/11 game, in the very link you posted VictorXD says Texmod only works for DX9 games. 

That mod you linked is for the original version of the game and doesn't not work with the remaster. 

Don't see the point of your post.

As far as I know, DX is backwards compatible. 
if it wasn't so could I with my ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 Ti DX12 don't play old DX9 games.
it is the same with TexMod, should works, one just can't use KoA: R *DX9* mods for the remastered version *DX11*. :classic_wink:

14 hours ago, winny257 said:

it is the same with TexMod, should works, one just can't use KoA: R *DX9* mods for the remastered version *DX11*. :classic_wink:

Sigh.

You are mixing things up. Re-Reckoning is a DX10/11 game, Texmod DOES NOT work on such games. That's the whole reason resorep was created.

Graphics cards have nothing to do with the above information.

Your graphics card can run any DX12 game and older.

Texmod(the program itself) was never updated to work with versions of DirectX never than DX9.

There is two tools out there that do allow texture dumping and texture modding just like Texmod.  One is called Resorep (mainly used for BDO), and the other is Special-K.  Not enough people know about these tools, so people assuming KOA has no modding potential...that's a big NOPE!

Resorep:

https://www.undertow.club/threads/tool-resorep-directx-11-texture-replacer.8402/

Special-K:

https://discourse.differentk.fyi

Keep in mind Special-K is more up to date, and I think is better atm.  I'm personally having issues with it though :D

Example of boobs, and my failed texture attempt at porting some Caliente tex:

Spoiler

shittykoa1.png

@Fastandlast Nice find!  For some reason when I searched for the re-reckoning it kept bringing me to the old version. 

Looks like the guy ran into the same issues when I did my own version of a nude mod aka can't remove the panties.  Panties seem to be baked into the body texture, but you can't alpha them out for some reason.  Best I could do was change the color lol.

• 3 weeks later...

Uses belt technology and tiny lady parts. The belt thing I always found stupid but AFAIK someone cared enough with the original game to actually work on making the belt nearly invisible and smoothing out the textures.

Looking at the mod blurb, adding a belt is the superlazy way around it.

Q:Why does she have a belt?
A: Unfortunately the player model has some caveats. One of these is the inconsistency between the upper and lower body when projecting the texture on the model. This means the transition from upper body to lower body is nearly impossible to get right. To get around this, many modders simply add a belt to cover the point of transition.

Q:Why does her genitalia look so small?
A: This is actually one of the reason I did not want to do a nude mod. The surface area of the texture being projected on the model where her genitalia is suppose to be is really small. Stretching it out is not an option as the area directly below is her inner thighs. Therefore this is the best I can do. Don't stare at it too long and you won't notice it :) .

• 10 months later...