Hello Etupirika

Chesko Belt-Fastened Quiver animations is needed for the latest Elins available here ->>> http://www.loverslab.com/topic/20121-new-bodies-cbbeunpbbptbbp-tera-elin-race/ .

The files in this thread is older and does not use the Chesko animations or Dual Sheath Redux.

You can use the old Elins from here or use the new Elins from the other thread.  Do not use both together.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Psycho,

Could you please summary the steps to make Elin more compatble with ECE mod and put them in the first page ? I've read through several page of dicussions in this thread but the information is too scattered and hard to follow properly, about replacing skeleton.nif from TBBP and other things... to make the body sliders work.

also I have something to ask...

1/ about the Power Elin's circle of protection, the health regen only applies to Follower?

Here what I look in TES5edit:

Effect:

GuardianCircleRestoreHealthFFContact "Guardian Circle Restore Health" [MGEF:000E0CD2]

Condition

equal to

CurrentFollowerFaction [FACT:0005C84E]

=> need to make a new condition and add Player "Prisoner" [NPC_:00000007] if I want to heal Elin as well ?

the reduce damage is apply to both Elin and Follower, right?

2/ also why set Magnitude to 35 and Duration value to 2 in HazardElinCircleFFContact "Circle of Elinu Protection" [MGEF:100135B6] and ElinCircleFFSelf "Circle of Elinu Protection" [MGEF:10013053]?

where do you set the 60 second duration for the power ?

3/ I want to use this power many times a day. So I set the Power to Lesser power. But is there a cooldown value or delay casting time I can set? I think the author of SkyRE  have done a good work to implement a cooldown to his custom racial Power. I take a look at the codes but it's a little difficult to understand so maybe another time.

I know that's a lot of questions lol... but I try to learn how to mod my own game. :D

1)  Right now the Elin's are an unsupported race.  The obvious reason is that they use their own morphs because the head mesh is nothing like a human's head mesh.   That does not mean ECE will not work with the Elins, it will only be limited to scaling some areas of the skeleton.  The Elin's morph sliders will still be there and usable.

Replacing the skeleton with a TBBP skeleton won't be of much help without a TBBP body, however, if you want to give it a try, then you will need to do the following:

1. Add the TBBP body mesh to 2chelin BBP Body fix folder (overwriting the BBP body files).
  2. You will need to use the TBBP skeletonbeast_female.nif, rename it skeletonfemale.nif, and put it in 2chelin fix folder (overwriting the original skeleton).
  3. Now install all of the necessary TBBP files (body, skeletons, animations) in their normal folders.
  4. Run FNIS so the animations work.

Right now, ECE will only show the original Elin race sliders and some of the body scaling sliders.  If you receive a message that states the Elins are unsupported and will be using the Unsupported Races slider or something to that effect, that is normal and is merely to inform you only certain CME body sliders will be used.

Sorry to pseudo-necro the thread, but I wanted to point out that your advice on how to adapt a TBBP skeleton does allow the Elin to have a bellybone which would (should?) allow Estrus Charus to enlarge the belly.

Now, I do need to point something out here. I'm no modder, I'm more of a 'tinker around until it breaks and then undo it if necessary' kinda guy. And that fix will indeed allow the bellybone to register, but the price... oh, the price.

You'll have what looks an awful lot like a normal race. Smaller head, wider shoulders, etc. It wasn't for me, but it did answer a question I'd had about the skeleton for quite some time.

My apologies if this is old news.

• 3 months later...

Where can I find this outfit with the backpack ?   :blush:

Got the Petite race running again and some of the animation bugs were fixed courtesy of FNIS. The race is Nord-bases, teen height, and comes with normal CBBE and UNP bodies. I'm guessing they're suppose to be short adults. It shouldn't be difficult to change their bodies to something younger.

attachicon.gifPetite Race.jpgattachicon.gifPetite Race Ability.jpgattachicon.gifPetite Race Power.jpgattachicon.gifPetite w YoungSmooth body.jpg

The skill tree labels are a jumbled mess and some corrections are needed through CK.

I have not found the companion and companion's pet, yet.

The race is salvageable, but some corrections and changes are needed to make them worth the effort.

The new race is ready now, if you where can I find it ? ^_^

maybe this is: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/35748/?

The outfit is from Kankaraya.  You can buy the coat from the merchant.  The hat is from a vending machine next to the merchant that uses Gacha coin.  You need to purchase the Gacha coins from the merchant.  I'm not exactly sure about the backpack, but there are a few on Nexus.  Personally, I use the Plush Backpacks.  

The Petite race (companion) is not ready yet.  Once I'm done with the Monli and Elin updates, I'll see about adding some loli followers I have.

The outfit is from Kankaraya.  You can buy the coat from the merchant.  The hat is from a vending machine next to the merchant that uses Gacha coin[/size]

.  You need to purchase the Gacha coins from the merchant.  I'm not exactly sure about the backpack, but there are a few on Nexus.  Personally, I use the Plush Backpacks.  

The Petite race (companion) is not ready yet.  Once I'm done with the Monli and Elin updates, I'll see about adding some loli followers I have.

Thanks! ^_^

I realized that UNP petite Outfit on Nexus, do not look good on my PC x117 skeleton, the UNP petite are too small in the area of ​​the butt and legs, while the UNP petite textures interpenetrate, I tried the UNP normal versions of the same Outfit, but these work well;

as is done to create a companion/follower and to include it in the game in a specific location..? :)

and the last question: What are the differences between the original xVision mod (not the Nexus version), and the xVision integrated in the latest version of COTS..?

hi first i'd like to say thank you for this cool race, had no problem installing. my problems comes from when i am sitting and or sleeping i normally end up literally sitting inside of the chair is this normal or is there a fix for it?

Screen_Shot3.jpg

Screen_Shot4.jpg

Screen_Shot5.jpgr

seems to happen to ncp elins too

Screen_Shot6.jpg

ps.. how do you use spoiler tags in the forum thankyou.

Changing her scaling to x0.8 will reduce the clipping.  The problem is not so much the race scaling as it is the game animations.  There are flags attached to objects, such as chairs, counters, and beds, that reduces the size of the player and npcs just before playing out the animation attached to those objects.  Increasing the scaling will reduce the clipping.

What race version are you using?  I should have the old files and can increase the race scale to x0.9 which is about the height of the vanilla children.

If you know how to use TES5edit, you can change the scale (Female Height) to whatever value you like.

Changing her scaling to x0.8 will reduce the clipping.  The problem is not so much the race scaling as it is the game animations.  There are flags attached to objects, such as chairs, counters, and beds, that reduces the size of the player and npcs just before playing out the animation attached to those objects.  Increasing the scaling will reduce the clipping.

What race version are you using?  I should have the old files and can increase the race scale to x0.9 which is about the height of the vanilla children.

If you know how to use TES5edit, you can change the scale (Female Height) to whatever value you like.

thanks for the quick response i'll try the TES5edit, i'm using the v1.1 that comes with the milk mods by angeli wanted to update but i'm afraid it will cause conflicts. and when i uninstall v1.1 i lose angeli's armor mods which i wanna keep.

edit tried TES5edit got this lol 

Screen_Shot8.jpg

might make for good enemies though

The flute not align with the mouth is a skeleton problem.  The earlier Elins were worse, Lisette would play the flute with her eye.  I'm taking a different approach with Elin 2 and Elin 1.5 and make little or no edits to the skeletons and relying only on the body mesh to create the Elin body.

• 2 weeks later...

It's great to see this mod still as lively as ever!

I blew the dust off my Skyrim installation and got this mod up and running again. Though I'm seeing a lot more Elin out and about, are key characters like Aela the Huntress and Lydia supposed to have gone back to being Nords? Or have I missed a step?

And I've always used See You Sleep by Madmole for as long as I can remember, but with this version of the Elin race, once I wake up in bed, my Elin is put back from the 0.8 scale to the 1.0 scale and her eyes are permanently shut. All this is fixed by restarting the game for me but would the past updates possibly have anything to do with this?

Hello Kirisame, long time no see and welcome back.

Aela and Lydia, if using the Elin NPC option from the Elin NPC and Enemy mod, should be Elins.  The Elin NPC option is the one that replaces some of the named npcs.  If those two are the only ones unchanged then something is probably preventing or overriding their transformation.

As for See You Sleep, anything animations that rescales the pc is suppose to return them to their set scale, but Skyrim can be buggy with characters lower or higher than typical heights (around 1.0).  I'm right now testing different scaling set-ups with the Monli and at times she rescales to adult height (restarting the game seems to be the only fix). 

The permanently shut eyes after sleeping is a bug introduced with the last Skyrim patch or at least that is what I heard.  I have yet to find a fix for that one.

Thanks, it's good to be back ^_^

Yeah after a bit of research the closed eyes bug seems to be a new one, I've uninstalled See You Sleep for the meantime. As far as I know, the Elin NPC mod is the only one I have that even touches those NPCs. People in Whiterun like Ysolda are and have always been Elin but Lydia and Aela have always been.. Odd.

I'll try playing with the load order in the meantime, thanks again for your reply~

EDIT: Nailed it! I forgot to move the NPC esps to the bottom of the load order, all is good now!

Umm, I doubt this has anything to do with the Elin Race mod, but I'm getting desperate here...

I adopted Lucia a while back and had some good times with her, played with her in Whiterun then moved into Lakeview Manor with her. It wasn't until I adopted Alessandra and left her to stay with Lucia for a while that suddenly, after a long period of adventuring, I was stripped of the ownership of everything in my house (Even things I put into the containers) and my children are treating me like a trespasser, even going as far as calling the non-existent guards and slapping a 5 gold bounty on my head.. I've searched around the internet for a possible solution but to no avail...

I've even tried the setrelationshiprank console magic on my children but the thing isn't recognizing their NPC IDs

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...