I really am stupid. I forgot racemenu lets you change weapon scaling. Now I'm using the Normal Height and Normal Weapon option, then set the height to a smaller one using player size adjuster (so I can have matching first person skeleton), then set weapon scaling in racemenu. Now I'm back to playing elins haha.

Well i'll be sticking with it for the mean time while waiting for the GT elins. 

Hey guys, I kinda have an issue with the armors and stuff. Here's what happened.

I haven't touched Skyrim in ages, and only recently reinstalled it. I just threw in all my old mods without thinking. Most of them were from the Tera Mod forum, with weapons and armors and so on. I don't know why, but I do remember crafting Fox 15 armors back then (for some strange reason). But now, when I installed the new things from the OP, pretty much almost everything, Only one out of all ~28 fox armors are craftable. And I have to hunt for the rest around Riverwood. Some of the armors are invisible and hence turns parts of the character invisible when worn. The Fox Shop is missing the barrel outside, and the fox shop only sells a couple of items, and not the entire fox series. I'm not too sure what went wrong. I simply downloaded the files, and dumped them into NMM to let it process, but for some reason some mods cannot be added that way. Manually copying them into the Data folder in my Skyrim install path doesn't seem to be working.

Here are the current mods I'm running. I've tried disabling the older elin mod. I'm not too sure if it affects the game.

nmm__zpsde255d99.jpg

Generally everything from the InvHelms, and Improved Master Spells are the mods that I've added in over the past few days, and anything before that, are the mods I used about 1 year back.

TL;DR

Can Fox Armors be crafted instead of being purchased/found?

How do I go about adding in the armors manually, if NMM doesn't seem to be doing it's job?

Why are some of the Fox armors present, while some aren't in the crafting selection?

e.g. I can craft Fox 9 armor, but that's the only fox armor I can craft.

Sorry for being a total noob here. I've been trying to understand what's going on in this thread too, but I'm still quite lost. Oh right what does CBBE/UNP etc refer to?

As far as I know, Fox armors can't be crafted. They can be purchased for the Riverwood Trader or the Fox shop Vendor. You can also found them on the urns at the edge of the island right right to gerdurs mill or if you DL'd the merge shops, you can find them on the barrel outside the Fox Shop vendor. 

CBBE and UNP are Body and Skin mods. CBBE usually refers to the big bottomed and bustier body supported with weight sliders while UNP have more realistic bodies and are mainly the skinny types.

Im not really sure what order the ahri armor is in.

The first two numbers (or alpha-numerical) of the item ID code is the load order number.  Example:  Item ID 1018C880. "10" is the load order number.

Hello.

Is soft voice mod supposed to change voice on attack? Because all my attack voices are missing. What could go wrong with the installing?

The voice mods are far from ideal.  I'm looking around for a "loli" voice mod.  Alternative is to edit one of the assign female voices that does work with the pc and make it sound younger.

Hello D_KNIGHT_PEN

Which files did you download?  The ones from this thread or from the new thread.

EDIT

Try uninstalling all Elin mods except the files from the main pack and the body replacer (if you decide to install that).  Start the game and see if it CTD when selecting the Elins.

If you install the Elin body replacers,  you will need the CHSBHC skeletons (this is included with the new Elin main pack from the new thread).

CHSBHC_skeletons only.7z

Install as is, do not add the skeletons to the Elin folders.

Also, I noticed you have ECE.  EnhancedCharacterEdit.esp needs to be moved above CharacterMakingExtender.esp.

In addition, the Elin Bard comes with an Apachii hair pack for the Elins,  do not install my Elin-Apachii hair pack just in case there is a conflict.  Don't forget to install FNIS and run GenerateFNISforUsers.exe to create the behavior files.  In fact, since you are starting a new game, hold off until you reach Solitude then install the Elin Bard and run FNIS generator.

I don't use some of the mods you have like the other races.  I wouldn't think they would conflict, but strange things do happen.  If none of the suggestions I gave works, try deactivating some of the custom race mods one at a time and test for conficts.  I know for sure CotS will cause problems with the Elins.

Good Luck.

Edited by PsychoMachina
  • 5 weeks later...

Hello JonaKiller

Which files did you install? 

Have you tried the updated files from my other Elin thread?

In response to the problem you described, whenever the game crashes before the main menu, a master file is missing.  For just the files in the main pack, the master files would be:

1. Skyrim.esm
  2. RaceCompatibility.esm
  3. ElinRace.esm
  4. ElinRaceTaint.esm

So, for example, if you only installed the main pack, the game will crash if you are missing one or more master files (#2, #3, or #4 because it's impossible for Skyrim.esm to be missing).

Just noticed something. Regarding fox armors, isn't it strange how light armor provides a much higher armour rating compared to light? Is there a way to change it through console? I really like the fox armors, but at this rate it's going to be really hard to complete legendary difficulty when I need to wear heavy armor (I'm trying out barehanded character, so I need the perk under Heavy Armor that deals damage according to armor rating of gauntlets)

Hello KuriYokan

Are you using the the standalone Fox armors or the Fox Shop with Merged Armors?

AbleMan made the original Fox Shop with Merged Armors then Smokermegadrive added the latest Fox armors (fox 30 is the latest known set), Elin armors, made them craftable, and changed the armor ratings.

Information

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/20121-foxshop-2-tera-elin-race/?p=482614

Download Link

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/20121-foxshop-2-tera-elin-race/page-5?do=findComment&comment=484167

Now I didn't inspect the new armor ratings, but if your question is directed at Smokermegadrive's update then maybe he can make further changes to the ratings.

Thanks again PsychoMachina!!

By the way, the last time I used a crossbow with elin, the elin body would freeze up and firing doesn't work in 3rd person. Is there a behaviour mod or update to solve this issue?

I do have dawnguard installed. It seems to work fine in first person, apart from the ammo count for bolts not going down at all.

I have a problem with the latest version of skse  when I equip boots or the clothing, skips the game, however the version 1.6.13 I have no problem, any idea what can be?

this happens with every races in the game, so it's no problem of textures or something. and I tried with a clean installation with the latest version of skse

Hello JonasKiller

Normally, clothes have no connections with SKSE.  The only exception that I know is HDT Highheel System and that only affects footwear designed to be used with HDT.  I have the latest SKSE installed and the last version of HDT and so far no problems.

Very likely when you updated SKSE, you need to also update any mods that require SKSE.  Also, when you installed the latest version, did you also install the SKSE scripts or just the files that goes into the SKYRIM folder?

Hello JonasKiller

Normally, clothes have no connections with SKSE.  The only exception that I know is HDT Highheel System and that only affects footwear designed to be used with HDT.  I have the latest SKSE installed and the last version of HDT and so far no problems.

Very likely when you updated SKSE, you need to also update any mods that require SKSE.  Also, when you installed the latest version, did you also install the SKSE scripts or just the files that goes into the SKYRIM folder?

Only files that go into skyrim folder

I do not know, it's weird, I was using the latest version and any minute I got that problem, keep trying different methods, or perhaps get some scripts I will see how I resolve this problem

thanks for your help: D

another question, there is no way to put the textures of "SG" or "real girl" found in nexus. and put them into the textures of elin. but without noting the difference with the line that is in the head with a lighter color, idk if I explain?

I would think the SG Renewal textures do fit the Elins (except the head textures).  You will need to install one of the Elin face textures that closely matches than use Texture Blend (also known as TexBlend) to remove the neck seam.

TexBlend comes with Caliente's CBBE pack and the UNP TexBlend is a separate download, both are at the Nexus.

I would think the SG Renewal textures do fit the Elins (except the head textures).  You will need to install one of the Elin face textures that closely matches than use Texture Blend (also known as TexBlend) to remove the neck seam.

TexBlend comes with Caliente's CBBE pack and the UNP TexBlend is a separate download, both are at the Nexus.

Last question, the texture that gives the text blend femalehead_msn.dds Which folder? Put it?

because putting it in the folder "textures 2chElin fix" does not work