Mod Installing Issue

12 hours ago, Impestato said:

Hello everyone!

I was modding the game lately and i would like to know if APK and SRC mod will merge or not. 

Uh..... If you install one, you shouldn't install the other. Starbound by default, if installed correctly, it detects both and only loads one, but if the SRC is installed incorrectly, it'll cause issues regardless. There is no "Merge", the PAK (Which you called APK, no it's not a Android App) version is just the same as the SRC, just packed into the mod file that Starbound loads properly.

On 8/19/2020 at 11:45 AM, red3dred said:

Uh..... If you install one, you shouldn't install the other. Starbound by default, if installed correctly, it detects both and only loads one, but if the SRC is installed incorrectly, it'll cause issues regardless. There is no "Merge", the PAK (Which you called APK, no it's not a Android App) version is just the same as the SRC, just packed into the mod file that Starbound loads properly.

Appreciated this kindly explaination.

But i need to ask this to... it's possible that the Api mod (SRC) just crash when i custumize the pregnant folder or ad the Aphrodites or sextoys Machine? (usingSRC mod only, i tried the APK but is too diffilcult to customize)

14 hours ago, Impestato said:

Appreciated this kindly explaination.

But i need to ask this to... it's possible that the Api mod (SRC) just crash when i custumize the pregnant folder or ad the Aphrodites or sextoys Machine? (usingSRC mod only, i tried the APK but is too diffilcult to customize)

•  

Well yes, SRC has a very specific way to customize and install, if done incorrectly, it'll usually either crash on launch or not work at all. The PAK version isn't customizable at all, as it'd require basically unpackaging it, modifying the same files that are in the SRC version, and repackaging it. You can just have a single folder for the mod, and it gets loaded just fine.

Most common issue with installing the SRC is the folder structure. It needs to be:

>Mods/"sexbound folder"/<"Sexbound files, like sexbound.config and _metadata">

Otherwise it'll cause issues.

To note it should not be:
>mods/sexbound/sexbound/files
Nor:
>mods/files
Both of the above will cause issues.

Another common issue is that people accidentally edit out a comma, or forget to put " " around text-strings when changing the config files, which will cause the file to error and not load, sometimes disabling that plugin entirely, sometimes just making it so the animations freeze. A log is always welcome when helping with all these issues.

• 2 weeks later...

i Put it in this structure :

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\mods

I even used the mod installer from steam. It appears that when i edit the  sxb_plugin.pregnant it just crash during the Chuckle Fish opening maybe i'm just doing something wrong but i don't get what

Even checked out all the text-strings when changed the config file it just crash can't say why

If unchanged the game start but the mod didn't work