[mod] Momiji shinobi shozoku Chiffon Skirt

Momiji shinobi shozoku Chiffon Skirt

4D mesh skirt can be moved between g1m file. Unfortunately, no tools to move UV yet, thus, the skirt cannot share the main texture to have different colours for different slots. But it is easy to modify the skirt texture (MPR_Muscle_Character_MOMCOS004_e01_kidsalb.g1t) with the g1t_tools (https://www.loverslab.com/topic/120211-vagonumero13-tools-redelbe-rdbtool-g1mtools-doa6decsave-update-17-aug-redelbe-30/) . Just be sure to save the dds with BC7 format if using transparency.

This is a REDELBE layer 2 mod --- unzip inside folder "layer2".

Credits:

Vagonumero13: rdbtool, g1mtools, g1m_xml, g1t_tools and REDELBE

Ausgeek: 3dmigoto tools for blender

Team Ninja, SNK: characters and game assets

2 hours ago, fgh1t6 said:

No, transparency is no longer a problem. The problem for 4D mesh is that there is no tools to modify the UV map yet.

Thank you for replying.

So, you mean that any other textures are able to use it with modifying the UV map, right?

If so, Could you tell me how to, please?

I added alpha channel to some "kidsalb" textures, and saved the dds with BC7 format.

but I didn't know to modify the UV map, so it didn't work ;-(

6 hours ago, torita75 said:

Thank you for replying.

So, you mean that any other textures are able to use it with modifying the UV map, right?

If so, Could you tell me how to, please?

I added alpha channel to some "kidsalb" textures, and saved the dds with BC7 format.

but I didn't know to modify the UV map, so it didn't work ;-(

Oh, sorry I didn't say it clearly. The transparency setting is just about selecting a shader hash code. Using g1m_xml tool to get the g1m xml file,  in the xml file:

<G1MG version="44" platform="DX11">

<MeshesSection>

<Mesh idx="16">
                    <Shader value="@0FE8CE93" />

The @0FE8CE93 is a transparency hash fro 4D meshes, To use this hash code, one need to do two more extract things on the mesh, for example mesh 18:

Spoiler

<Submesh idx="18">
                <Flags value="0x3d" />
                <VB value="16" />
                <Bones_map value="20" />
                <!--If you want a submesh to use the material of other, replace the Matpalid, U_10, Attribute and Material. Matpalid matches the number in the .mtl in DOA6.-->
                <Matpalid value="4" />
                <U_10 value="3" />
                <Attribute value="4" />
                <Material value="4" />
                <IB value="16" />
                <U_20 value="1" />
                <IB_format value="3" />
                <VB_Start value="0" />
                <NumVertices value="1149" />
                <IB_Start value="0" />
                <NumIndices value

1.set the Submesh flag to "0x3d":            
                <Flags value="0x3d" />

2.  go to the "AtrributesSection" entery quoted, in this case is "4" for <Attribute value="4" /> , and add the request attributes  for the shader. In this case, just need one "vDithAlp":

<AttributesSection>

<MaterialAttributes idx="4">

<Attribute name="vDithAlp" u_08="0" data_type="float" value="1.0" />

There is nothing to do with UV mapping. My problem is trying to share the main texture with this 4d Mesh but since I cannot change the 4d mesh's UV mapping, I have to give the 4d mesh its own texture. However, the number of available textures is fixed for each slot, so I can only given the 4d mesh a texture that reused in 3 character slots, thus, the skirt would not change colour in all three charactor slots. 

Regarding to the transparency shader and its requested attributions, there is not much document available yet.  You can open the sid_alt_hash.txt that comes with the g1m_xml tool, and check the name of the shader from the hash: for example: "0x0fe8ce93,PB2-AleAtCDiPk", The name"AleAtCDiPk" is encoded as: "At" = alpha test, "C"= cloth (i.e.4D mesh), "Di" = "Dithering". I got the request attribute "vDithAlp" from other "AtDi" shader used in other g1m file.  It seems work for all shaders whose name has "AtDi" , and most importantly, the level of transparency of "dithering transparency" is tunable by the DDS file's alpha channel.