Asketo Porcelain Vase/ Last Exception

**DISCLAIMER** 

I am very new to WW, mods, cc and LL. I also don't know if this question is being posted on the right thread or whatever so, if it's not the right area, please point me in the right direction instead of just saying it's not in the right area... lol 

I am having issues locating the Asketo porcelain doll after summoning it from the vase. It will allow me to place to vase on my lot in build mode, and also allow me the initial interaction with the vase. After the doll appears, any subsequent interaction attempts cause the doll and the vase to disappear. I don't know if it's a broken mod or what but I can't seem to find it anywhere. I tried placing a second vase but the same thing happened. If anyone could tell me what I can do, that would be awesome! 

Also, I can't seem to ever get any information from my last exception file. I always start with a fresh file after deleting the cache (I think that's what it is. It's an individual file, not the cache folder) copy and paste to lastexception.com but it always say unknown error. What can I do about this? My game has slowed significantly and I have a lot of mods, cc, and ADHD. So going through each file isn't really an option for me as I don't have the patience lol

Update your game, WW and other script mods like MC Command Center, if you haven't already done so. Delete "localthumbcache.package" found in "Documents/Electronic ARts/The Sims 4" as well as all "LastException" files, then start the game and recreate the issue.

If everything works fine now, you probably fixed it by updating the mod.

If the issue still persists, you now have a brand new LE file for me or someone smarter than me to look at. Simply upload it to this thread, along with any other exception files of the same time and date (generated by WW or other mods).

In any case, this issue is most likely caused by a script mod, so even if we run into the worst case (having to test which mod is causing this behavior), clothing CC and stuff like that can safely be ignored.

On 8/4/2020 at 5:39 AM, Crashdown117 said:

Update your game, WW and other script mods like MC Command Center, if you haven't already done so. Delete "localthumbcache.package" found in "Documents/Electronic ARts/The Sims 4" as well as all "LastException" files, then start the game and recreate the issue.

If everything works fine now, you probably fixed it by updating the mod.

If the issue still persists, you now have a brand new LE file for me or someone smarter than me to look at. Simply upload it to this thread, along with any other exception files of the same time and date (generated by WW or other mods).

In any case, this issue is most likely caused by a script mod, so even if we run into the worst case (having to test which mod is causing this behavior), clothing CC and stuff like that can safely be ignored.

It seems to mostly happen when vacationing. Not sure what the difference is, but that's usually when I notice it. Where would I find other LE files? This is the one that shows up as a stand alone file. Would it be in another folder or something.?

lastException.txt

The other files (like an exception log generated by WW, for example) would be in the same folder where you found this one and they would all have the word "exception" in their file names - however, they are not always generated. "lastException.txt" comes from the game itself, so it's the only one that's guaranteed to be there when an exception has occured.

Looking at the LE, it seems that something's going wrong within the game's own code, and given your description I'd say that either

a) there's a bug within WW's still rather new Porcelain Doll feature (wouldn't be the first time a new feature of a TS4 mod is buggy or immediately broken by the next game update) or

b) you have another script mod somehow interfering with things there.

To find out, which of these is true, you can try starting the game with only WW plus animations in your Mods folder. Remember to delete "localthumbcache.package", then load your saved game and recreate the issue (basically the first step of "going through everything" - but don't worry, we're not gonna move on to the other steps).

If the issue still persists, it's a WW bug and will hopefully get fixed in the next update.

If the issue is gone, we might have to take a look at your Mods folder (which script mods you have etc.) - again, dont worry, as we're still a decent bit away from "going through every file". If it's not a WW bug, it's probably just some outdated mod or a little conflict between two mods.

8 hours ago, Crashdown117 said:

The other files (like an exception log generated by WW, for example) would be in the same folder where you found this one and they would all have the word "exception" in their file names - however, they are not always generated. "lastException.txt" comes from the game itself, so it's the only one that's guaranteed to be there when an exception has occured.

Looking at the LE, it seems that something's going wrong within the game's own code, and given your description I'd say that either

a) there's a bug within WW's still rather new Porcelain Doll feature (wouldn't be the first time a new feature of a TS4 mod is buggy or immediately broken by the next game update) or

b) you have another script mod somehow interfering with things there.

To find out, which of these is true, you can try starting the game with only WW plus animations in your Mods folder. Remember to delete "localthumbcache.package", then load your saved game and recreate the issue (basically the first step of "going through everything" - but don't worry, we're not gonna move on to the other steps).

If the issue still persists, it's a WW bug and will hopefully get fixed in the next update.

If the issue is gone, we might have to take a look at your Mods folder (which script mods you have etc.) - again, dont worry, as we're still a decent bit away from "going through every file". If it's not a WW bug, it's probably just some outdated mod or a little conflict between two mods.

Thank you!! This was very helpful and I will try it and see what happens.

On 8/7/2020 at 12:27 AM, procian said:

Do you have any mods that allow you to change sims population? apart from mccc?

I don't think so...? Let me check. 

I have XmlInjector_Test_v3, WW Scripts and Tuning, and MCCC. I see there is a package file for MCCC and WW that both say tuning, do these counteract each other? I'm not entirely sure what the injector is for but I downloaded a while back with cc that said it was needed in order to use the objects.

I started a second game to see if there was anything different about when the LE shows up, it was the same. What I did notice though, is that in my new game, I have the "attractiveness" dialog box (the open pink magnetic heart icon) whereas in my usual gameplay  I don't. I do, however have the "personality" dialog box (the purple and green clown faces). Is there something that I have that is keeping one option from appearing on one gameplay as apposed to the other? They are in two different save slots. They aren't saved in the same world and can't interact with each other.

24 minutes ago, TotallyWicked44 said:

I don't think so...? Let me check. 

I have XmlInjector_Test_v3, WW Scripts and Tuning, and MCCC. I see there is a package file for MCCC and WW that both say tuning, do these counteract each other? I'm not entirely sure what the injector is for but I downloaded a while back with cc that said it was needed in order to use the objects.

I started a second game to see if there was anything different about when the LE shows up, it was the same. What I did notice though, is that in my new game, I have the "attractiveness" dialog box (the open pink magnetic heart icon) whereas in my usual gameplay  I don't. I do, however have the "personality" dialog box (the purple and green clown faces). Is there something that I have that is keeping one option from appearing on one gameplay as apposed to the other? They are in two different save slots. They aren't saved in the same world and can't interact with each other.

WW and MCCC shouldn't conflict....just wondered if you had other population mods that would conflict with MCCC.

14 hours ago, TotallyWicked44 said:

Are these your only script / gameplay changing mods? Because if they are (and all of them are up to date), XmlInjector would be the only suspect and you may be done testing in no time. Simply move the whole mod out of your Mods folder, delete "localthumbcache.package" and check whether the issue persists. If it's gone, you've found the culprit.

14 hours ago, TotallyWicked44 said:

What I did notice though, is that in my new game, I have the "attractiveness" dialog box (the open pink magnetic heart icon) whereas in my usual gameplay  I don't. I do, however have the "personality" dialog box (the purple and green clown faces). Is there something that I have that is keeping one option from appearing on one gameplay as apposed to the other? They are in two different save slots. They aren't saved in the same world and can't interact with each other.

That means that you disabled Attractiveness for the game save you are usually playing (probably because that feature used to be a PITA before it got overhauled). If it was the result of mod interference, you'd be seeing the same behavior across all saved and new games.

On 8/9/2020 at 4:29 AM, Crashdown117 said:

Are these your only script / gameplay changing mods? Because if they are (and all of them are up to date), XmlInjector would be the only suspect and you may be done testing in no time. Simply move the whole mod out of your Mods folder, delete "localthumbcache.package" and check whether the issue persists. If it's gone, you've found the culprit.

That means that you disabled Attractiveness for the game save you are usually playing (probably because that feature used to be a PITA before it got overhauled). If it was the result of mod interference, you'd be seeing the same behavior across all saved and new games.

What is PITA.? lol I guess i just have to take the time to go through the WW settings and find it. It's just a pain in the butt though because there's so many different setting options for WW. 

Unfortunately, I just started playing TS4 on PC. I was on PS4 before. So when I first started downloading cc and mods,I didn't know what I was doing and I wasn't paying attention to where they were coming from. That being said, I do recall installing the XmlInjector because I was told I would need it in order for some other feature to work. Problem is, I  don't know which one.! hahahaha So i'm a little apprehensive to removing it being that I don't know what it controls. If that is the source, removing it would push me further down the rabbit hole that I'm trying to stay out of.! lol I'd have to go through everything at that point to figure what is messing up since removing that file. **sigh** hope that makes sense lol

12 hours ago, TotallyWicked44 said:

What is PITA.?

Some kind of Greek bread - or short for a "pain in the ass" ?

Now, to stay out of the rabbit hole for as long as possible (or rather: make your trip there as short as possible), you need to get an overview over your mods.

Custom content like clothes or furniture rarely causes exceptions, so you can safely ignore them for now.

Regarding your case, I can confirm that the following mods also don't cause any issues (if they are up to date, that is):

-Wicked Whims (obviously)

-MC Command Center

-Basemental Drugs

-Nisa's Wicked Perversions

-mods by ColonolNutty (like Custon Gender Settings, Wicked Pets etc.)

All of the above can stay within your Mods folder, so you only need to take a closer look at any other script mods (gameplay changing mods) you have.

Move those other files out of your Mods folder and put them somewhere else, e.g. into a folder on your Desktop.

Delete "localthumbcache.package" and start your game.

There should be no issues now.

Next, look at the mods you removed for now.

If any mod files are significantly older than the majority, test them first. There's a good chance, your issue is caused by an outdated mod, and in most cases it's only one bad apple spoiling the whole bunch.

Also, "base" mods like XmlInjector need to be tested early on, since other mods depend on them. If one of them is broken, you can kiss all those depending mods goodbye as well.

Finally, some advice I wish I had been given sooner: Nobody said that you have to test your mods one by one. Testing two or three of them at once will save you time - once you found a broken mod, you can even go for a Hail Mary and put ALL remaining mods back into Mods at once.

Just bear in mind, that any issues popping up are caused by one of the mods you added last. You'll have to test these one by one, but it should be obvious that three mods are significantly less work to go through, compared a whole Mods folder of 3GB or more.

On 8/14/2020 at 10:44 AM, Crashdown117 said:

Some kind of Greek bread - or short for a "pain in the ass" ?

Now, to stay out of the rabbit hole for as long as possible (or rather: make your trip there as short as possible), you need to get an overview over your mods.

Custom content like clothes or furniture rarely causes exceptions, so you can safely ignore them for now.

Regarding your case, I can confirm that the following mods also don't cause any issues (if they are up to date, that is):

-Wicked Whims (obviously)

-MC Command Center

-Basemental Drugs

-Nisa's Wicked Perversions

-mods by ColonolNutty (like Custon Gender Settings, Wicked Pets etc.)

All of the above can stay within your Mods folder, so you only need to take a closer look at any other script mods (gameplay changing mods) you have.

Move those other files out of your Mods folder and put them somewhere else, e.g. into a folder on your Desktop.

Delete "localthumbcache.package" and start your game.

There should be no issues now.

Next, look at the mods you removed for now.

If any mod files are significantly older than the majority, test them first. There's a good chance, your issue is caused by an outdated mod, and in most cases it's only one bad apple spoiling the whole bunch.

Also, "base" mods like XmlInjector need to be tested early on, since other mods depend on them. If one of them is broken, you can kiss all those depending mods goodbye as well.

Finally, some advice I wish I had been given sooner: Nobody said that you have to test your mods one by one. Testing two or three of them at once will save you time - once you found a broken mod, you can even go for a Hail Mary and put ALL remaining mods back into Mods at once.

Just bear in mind, that any issues popping up are caused by one of the mods you added last. You'll have to test these one by one, but it should be obvious that three mods are significantly less work to go through, compared a whole Mods folder of 3GB or more.

Apparently I disabled some settings I was unaware of in WW. I got it worked out though. Thanks.!

• 3 years later...
On 8/17/2020 at 1:11 AM, TotallyWicked44 said:

Apparently I disabled some settings I was unaware of in WW. I got it worked out though. Thanks.!

hey, I know this is old but I'm having the same vase issue. what settings did you find relating to it that made things work?