56 minutes ago, sammythesquirrel said:

while ive no doubt you are correct about the root cause  its an unfortunate fact that ive already removed  active effects  and still have the problem  still testing   to see if it happens with other mods and  seeing if i can tweak mcg

Let me know what you find. It's odd that MCG is interfering with a completely separate external mod when it shouldn't be.

36 minutes ago, Zethaneff said:

Have renamed the suffix from the DroidTemperatureTimer.pex, so there is only one protest at load. The widget runs fine and the Droid temperature crawls up the normal way, but without the 3 second warning in the upper corner. Had assumed this may break the timing, but it seems not.

I already told you this:

It's the notification line from the Main Droids mod, and it's part of the temperature timer. It can't be removed without removing the timer.

I also told you this:

So thanks to this mod, I'll be able to remove not just the notifications for ALL of the actor values, but the need for the Active Effects mod as well

So here's what you've ACTUALLY achieved through your impatience:

A broken mod. By effectively removing the controller itself. The controller manages the swaps for the chassis/body at specific temperature levels. And by removing it, you've effectively negated the entire reason for even downloading the Thermal plugin.

Congrats?

Trykz

3 hours ago, Trykz said:

Let me know what you find. It's odd that MCG is interfering with a completely separate external mod when it shouldn't be.

sadly  after  testing  ive found that  the only way i personally can get this mod to work  correctly is via the disabling /removal of mcg otherwise the dotc widgets wont update

5 hours ago, sammythesquirrel said:

sadly  after  testing  ive found that  the only way i personally can get this mod to work  correctly is via the disabling /removal of mcg otherwise the dotc widgets wont update

That's really odd. I had MCG in my load order about a week ago testing some other stuff, but didn't notice any issues. I'll have a look when I get a chance to see if I get the same result. I suspect it's not *solely* MCG, but rather some combination of mods. Are you running the latest versions of everything in your load order? Perhaps an older F4SE or something?

Trykz

@sammythesquirrel @Trykz

Hi! I've been away for a bit, back now.

What is this "MCG" is it Magna cum gaudio? i.e. this ? Which files from that mod do you use, I've never actually used it myself.

edit: After downloading the main archive and checking briefly it doesn't seem like it should conflict with this mods widgets (lust, wear & infamy). Are you using other HUD stuff aswell?

It's likely that you have two mods that include "HUDmenu.swf", and the one from HUDframework is being overwritten or vice versa.

To play with both conflicting mods you will likely have to go through the extra steps of using the auto-patcher in HUDframework. (second file in files page HUDFramework)

I can try to reproduce (and perhaps even fix) if you confirm that MCG is the above linked mod. From looking at the Magno CUM Gaudio modpage it seems quite likely that it conflicts - yes.

It seems unlikely to me that it would be some kind of 'overload' to the hud overall, probably a plain old fashioned conflict.

-OC

14 hours ago, Zethaneff said:

Have renamed the suffix from the DroidTemperatureTimer.pex, so there is only one protest at load. The widget runs fine and the Droid temperature crawls up the normal way, but without the 3 second warning in the upper corner. Had assumed this may break the timing, but it seems not.

Oh God lol.

This will break the functionality, you will see temperature - but it will be a meaningless phony number doing nothing :)

If you really hate  that 3-second notification and cant wait for Trykz to make a new version or similar what you have to do is hack the script itself (remove the debug.notification), recompile yourself and use that version.

-OC

@Zethaneff I realize what I said you should do might be a bit convoluted if you don't do scripting. So I did it for you. Attached is a recompiled fragment for droids of the commonwealth - thermal addon with the only change being that I removed the "System temperatures nominal" notification line.

I did some very brief testing and it seems to fine. Use at own risk (im pretty confident it works though).

Simply replace the existing "QF__050090A4.pex" with this one (I suggest renaming the old one "QF__050090A4_OLD.pex" or something similar so you can revert.

The script is located in "Droids of the Commonwealth - Thermal Addon\scripts\Fragments\Quests" wherever that folder is, depending on what mod manager you use or manual.

Edit: removed the file to avoid People accidentally breaking stuff in new updates of DotC. If you really want this and know what you're doing, PM me.

-OC

7 hours ago, OpheliaComplex said:

snip

yes it is magno cum gaudio and i can confirm to the best of my ability that its indeed a conflict between these two mods specifically as i  uninstalled everything  else that i know of that has hud elements  and tested with just  this mod mcg and  hud framework  i am of course excluding advanced animation framework from this testing  for the simple fact that my load order is built around it

7 minutes ago, sammythesquirrel said:

yes it is magno cum gaudio and i can confirm to the best of my ability that its indeed a conflict between these two mods specifically as i  uninstalled everything  else that i know of that has hud elements  and tested with just  this mod mcg and  hud framework  i am of course excluding advanced animation framework from this testing  for the simple fact that my load order is built around it

Thanks for confirming. I don't have a quick fix for you sadly but I'll try to investigate (from my brief check earlier they should work together)

-OC

so  testing  alternate mods that do the same thing as magno cum gaudio (sex attributes and sexual harassment)  they also don't play nice with this mod how ever  in the latter case this mod works fine but the other mods stats wont update  really  starting to think  that the only way to fix these issues is to  some how edit  the amopunt of memory fallout gives the swf thing aka fix bethesda's fuck up

On 8/12/2020 at 10:14 AM, OpheliaComplex said:

Oh God lol.

This will break the functionality, you will see temperature - but it will be a meaningless phony number doing nothing :)

If you really hate  that 3-second notification and cant wait for Trykz to make a new version or similar what you have to do is hack the script itself (remove the debug.notification), recompile yourself and use that version.

-OC

Uninstalling activeeffects mod do remove the annoying hint too, took your script now and it work correct.

Thanks for providing this.

4 hours ago, Zethaneff said:

Uninstalling activeeffects mod do remove the annoying hint too, took your script now and it work correct.

Thanks for providing this.

Removing Active Effects didn't do anything. Because Active Effects is not tied to the notification in any way. Don't spread bullshit to try and make yourself look less foolish for tampering with something you know nothing about.

Thanks,

Trykz