DotC - Droidstats on HUD

View File

This is a simple plugin that adds some widgets tracking the droid stats from Droids of the Commonwealth by trykz.

Currently tracks SPU, Power, Firewall and Temperature. Will try to update this when more stats are added.

Stats are updated/synched every 3 in-game minutes (every ~3-5 seconds or so for the player).

If the mod is detected you should see a notification on game load saying "Droidstats on HUD v1.05 installed"

You will not see any widgets until you become a droid, after becoming a droid the widget should appear within about 15 seconds, the tracked numbers might be off initially but synch to correct values after 6 in-game minutes.

If you install it when you are already a droid the widgets should pop up pretty much directly

Note: If there's some hiccup with the HUD on first load, try to save and reload.

The mod configuration menu

In the MCM there's a uninstall button you can (and should) use to unregister widgets from the UI prior to uninstalling.

In the 'Debug' page you can click 're-register & load widgets', this button should put back the widgets on the screen and start synching immediately - will lead to issues if you click this while not being a droid yet.

In the 'debug' page there's also a 'remove legacy widgets' button. If you see stacked/double widgets in some old save you can try to click this button, then save & reload which could, perhaps, fix the problem.

Installation

Should be packed properly for mod manager install.

For manual installation just extract into your data folder

Upgrading from a previous version

I recommend getting a clean save:

* Use the MCM 'uninstall' button, save & exit

* Uninstall the previous version (with modmanager or manually remove all files)

* Load your save, resave & exit (it will say droidstatwidgets.esp missing)

* Install new version

Uninstall

From version 1.0.1+:

First use the MCM menu option 'Uninstall UI widgets'. Click it, leave the menu and the widgets should disappear. You can then proceed with uninstalling.

Uninstall the mod with your mod manager or manually remove the files. 

To uninstall from version 1.0.0 I recommend upgrading first then uninstalling with the MCM option

REQUIREMENTS

In addition to Droids of the Commonwealth and its requirements (duh):

HUDFramework https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/20309

Tested/built with v1.0f

Mod Configuration menu https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/21497

Misc

It's my first time doing any widget/ui stuff for fallout 4 & HUDFramework, just done things with skyrim & SkyUI before.

If there's issues let me know and I'll do my best to figure things out.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    07/28/2020
  • Category
  • Requires
    Droids of the Commonwealth

3 hours ago, OpheliaComplex said:

Thank YOU for a cool mod :]

Hey Ophelia,

I ran some tests after your add-on caused a critical issue for a user of my mod. I suspect it's resolvable, but since I know nothing about Shockwave Flash, it's not something I can rectify. For further detail, see my posts starting here:

Trykz

3 hours ago, houdini said:

Since you see the widgets you have HUDFramework.

Did you see the notification on game load? ("Droid widgets loaded, values will synchronize shortly")

Did you wait like 10-15 seconds out of menus and pip-boy etc? First update/synch is after 6 in-game minutes (until then they will be zero).

-OC

On 7/29/2020 at 3:48 AM, Trykz said:

Hey Ophelia,

I ran some tests after your add-on caused a critical issue for a user of my mod. I suspect it's resolvable, but since I know nothing about Shockwave Flash, it's not something I can rectify. For further detail, see my posts starting here:

Trykz

The widget swf files wont be the problem, it has to be my script/plugin.

I managed to reproduce the behaviour.

It happens if you have a character created with dotc enabled, but not my widget mod enabled

- If you then on that character 1) install the widgetmod and 2) then become a droid, things go bad.

(which I guess might be the case of quite a few new users)

If both are enabled from character creation OR the droidstats widget is installed AFTER becoming a droid it works fine.

Edit: This should be fixed from v1.01+

-OC

5 hours ago, OpheliaComplex said:

Since you see the widgets you have HUDFramework.

Did you see the notification on game load? ("Droid widgets loaded, values will synchronize shortly")

Did you wait like 10-15 seconds out of menus and pip-boy etc? First update/synch is after 6 in-game minutes (until then they will be zero).

-OC

There is notification but widgets just dont want to get updated. I've waited looong minutes, playing with zeroes now hoping they kickstart.

4 hours ago, houdini said:

There is notification but widgets just dont want to get updated. I've waited looong minutes, playing with zeroes now hoping they kickstart.

I doubt they magically will. This is seems weird to me. Im guessing the values are actually updating but not getting read properly from Droids of the Commonwealth.

Do you have the latest version of that mod, i.e. This and not This ?

You could try following the instructions and updating to the new version.

2 hours ago, houdini said:

I made new save and same problem, probably mod conflict, i have some hud mods in load order.

Hmm. I don't think there should be a hud-mod conflict either - This mod does not edit the "HUDMenu.swf"  which is the main reason for conflicts - i put three new widgets on screen instead.

I'd love to see some debug messages from your run to see if stuff gets called properly - you said that you saw the notification message though - and you see the widgets.

To me it sounds like everything that should fire from this mod is firing, im guessing it can't read the values off of droids of the commonwealth for some reason. But sounds tricky, I'm sorry that I don't have any great idea/solution for you.

Which HUD mods are you using? I could try to do some checks (will be hard for me to fix this unless I can reproduce the behavior I think)

4 hours ago, OpheliaComplex said:

Even though there could very likely be a conflict between what other HUD stuff you have and HUDFramework - if you check the nexus page for HUDFramework there is a patch for DEF_UI for example, and instructions how to deal with other conflicts.

Something is interfering with the call between your mod and mine. I'd bet the farm on it. In my limited understanding of UI mechanics, there is some sort of *cap* that limits value calls to the UI.

He may have other mods that are calling values for other widgets onto the screen, and he's hitting that cap. So your UI *art* displays, but the UI doesn't have enough resources to call values from additional mods. If this is the case, he'll need to remove a UI mod to free up the necessary resources.

That sound right to you?

Trykz

Nice that you found it! Your debugging is probably useful for someone else in the future !

I have a new version ready that lets you reposition the widget through the MCM, also added support for the upcoming heat/temperature mechanic.

I'm holding off release until @Trykz got the heat/temp version of Droids released.

-OC

5 hours ago, OpheliaComplex said:

Nice that you found it! Your debugging is probably useful for someone else in the future !

I have a new version ready that lets you reposition the widget through the MCM, also added support for the upcoming heat/temperature mechanic.

I'm holding off release until @Trykz got the heat/temp version of Droids released.

-OC

Ready whenever you are, Ophelia.

I posted the file to the second post of my mod's thread. The file you find there is the "preliminary version" of what's to come. However, the file name and the actor value will NOT change, so should have no effect on your updated mod when the ESM is replaced by it's full version of the expansion.

Trykz

On 8/1/2020 at 6:41 PM, Trykz said:

Ready whenever you are, Ophelia.

I posted the file to the second post of my mod's thread. The file you find there is the "preliminary version" of what's to come. However, the file name and the actor value will NOT change, so should have no effect on your updated mod when the ESM is replaced by it's full version of the expansion.

Trykz

Had a few busy days, but put up a new version that hopefully works - didn't have time to test a lot. I had completely missed that you put up the temperature version already in the second post 

Wont have access to my comp for a few days now either, so I really hope it works well enough~ 

-OC

2 hours ago, Zethaneff said:

Hello,

got this running and all four rows appear and get regular updates. But also there appears another line painted over the hud every 3 seconds. Is that part of this mod and where is the button to remove it? The temperature is part of the hud, so a blinking extra line above is not required.

droidstat.jpg.4fb1508f5fae999fdb65530fe393e443.jpg

That isn't part of this mod.

It's the notification line from the Main Droids mod, and it's part of the temperature timer. It can't be removed without removing the timer. This mod didn't exist when the Thermal Edition add-on was released. So the notification was added as a reminder that the temperature value needed regular maintenance attention.

So thanks to this mod, I'll be able to remove not just the notifications for ALL of the actor values, but the need for the Active Effects mod as well.

Trykz

40 minutes ago, sammythesquirrel said:

so i found that the same Houdini had  comes up between this mod and MCG if that mod is active this mods widgets wont update no idea how to fix

I think this is your problem:

apparently Bethesda only allocated a fixed amount of Flash resource for Fallout 4 to use, the more HUD/Interface elements you have, the more likely you are going to crash. f***ing Bethesda, I only hope someone would develop a similar patch like EngineFixes for Skyrim SE to fix the stupid memory problem.

If you're running the Active Effects mod that I recommended on my mod's page, remove it. You don't need it with this. Unless you're using it for other things. Then remove something else you can do without, and this *should* work fine.

Trykz

13 hours ago, Trykz said:

I think this is your problem:

If you're running the Active Effects mod that I recommended on my mod's page, remove it. You don't need it with this. Unless you're using it for other things. Then remove something else you can do without, and this *should* work fine.

Trykz

while ive no doubt you are correct about the root cause  its an unfortunate fact that ive already removed  active effects  and still have the problem  still testing   to see if it happens with other mods and  seeing if i can tweak mcg

EDIT : further testing  of the mods i have only  mcg  causes this mod to not work properly