Mods that have been hidden

Hi I signed up just to get a specific mod but it turns out it is 'hidden'. Is it there any way around this?

I did first try contacting the uploader but cant find them, perhaps due to noobery I cant find a way to search for a specific user. 

I didnt list the mod or user just because I wasnt sure if this is some kind of frowned upon behaviour on my part. I just thought I'd have a stab at getting the mod.  

Thanks guys. 

1 hour ago, tcee79 said:

Hi I signed up just to get a specific mod but it turns out it is 'hidden'. Is it there any way around this?

I did first try contacting the uploader but cant find them, perhaps due to noobery I cant find a way to search for a specific user. 

I didnt list the mod or user just because I wasnt sure if this is some kind of frowned upon behaviour on my part. I just thought I'd have a stab at getting the mod.  

Thanks guys. 

To search for a specific user:

1) enter their name (exactly) in the search engine at the upper ight hand corner of the screen

2) if the dropdown doesn't appear immediately click in the box with the name. When it appears click "Members". If "Members" doesn't appear there will be a choice for more options. Click that and members will appear and click it.

3) click the magnifying glass to perform the search. My average time is about 5 seconds for the search to complete.

Good luck.

@Psalam

Well you live and you learn. I usually just type in the google search with something like "Loverslab " and what ever I'm searching for be it Author, Error or Mod name. but your way is better as there's less sorting and search through link's when looking for the Author. Thanks

10 minutes ago, mashup47 said:

@Psalam

Well you live and you learn. I usually just type in the google search with something like "Loverslab " and what ever I'm searching for be it Author, Error or Mod name. but your way is better as there's less sorting and search through link's when looking for the Author. Thanks

You're welcome. That sort of thing is what prompted me to do my blog on Navigating Lover's Lab. If you get bored you can find other tips there.

BTW, it was when Ashal upgraded the Search engine a couple of years back that I became a Supporter. Before then it was, sad to say, a piece of shit and I would have used your method too.

1 hour ago, Psalam said:

You're welcome. That sort of thing is what prompted me to do my blog on Navigating Lover's Lab. If you get bored you can find other tips there.

BTW, it was when Ashal upgraded the Search engine a couple of years back that I became a Supporter. Before then it was, sad to say, a piece of shit and I would have used your method too.

Believe it or not I Had to google that. ?  but here's the link for anyone else  

. Thank again

18 minutes ago, mashup47 said:

Believe it or not I Had to google that. ?  but here's the link for anyone else  

. Thank again

Sorry I usually point out that you can find the link to my blogs and my mods in my signature by opening the spoiler entitled "My Stuff." My apologies for not doing so here.

• 1 month later...
On 7/22/2020 at 9:33 AM, tcee79 said:

If it is hidden then there is no way around this.  You can try to PM the mod author if they are still around, but that would be it.  Sorry.