CTD All over the place.

Hi, I'm getting desperate here.

I've had the game for about a month now...and the past three weeks have been a cycle of trying to get it NOT to crash, playing and it crashing again.

I'll get the perfunctory stuff out of the way: Yes, NVSE, NVAC, JIP, NX, 4GB Patch and NVTF are all installed and all running...well, can't be too sure on the NX thing, but the others make their logs and I checked if LAA was enabled and it was.

Problem: Whenever I try to enter some buildings (ie: Vikki and Vance, Prospectors Den, Lt Hayes' Tent) or get too close to some places (ie: Mojave Outpost, Legion's Raid Camp) the game CTDs without an error message.

This is the NVAC log:

21142214 _ NewVegasAntiCrash FalloutNV.exe
21142214 _ 0BC10000 07050000 nvac.dll
21142214 _ 0B300000 05010060 nvse_1_4.dll
21142214 _ 77C70000 05010A28 ntdll.dll
21142355 e 00E8C00D C0000005 FalloutNV.exe
21142355 r 00E8C9A9 00E8C00D FalloutNV.exe
21142355 h 00E8CD2E 8B0E8B51 FalloutNV.exe
21142355 h 00E8CD30 8B513056 FalloutNV.exe
21142355 n 00000000 00E8CD36
21142355 r 00E8CD36 00000000 FalloutNV.exe
21142404 q 00E8CD54 C0000409 FalloutNV.exe
21142404 _ CRASHSAV E_THREAD FalloutNV.exe
21142404 ! CRASHSAV E_FAIL_0 FalloutNV.exe

And this is the Windows Event Log:

Faulting application name: FalloutNV.exe, version: 1.4.0.525, time stamp: 0x4e0d50ed
Faulting module name: FalloutNV.exe, version: 1.4.0.525, time stamp: 0x4e0d50ed
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x00a8cd54
Faulting process id: 0x1450
Faulting application start time: 0x01d65fa4ff5ebe2c
Faulting application path: C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\FalloutNV.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\FalloutNV.exe
Report Id: 31772f48-defe-4800-94a5-ccfa6b06bd44
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Yes, that is the only error within that time-frame, I have been aggressively cleaning my laptop with ASR, CCleaner, DISM and sfc.

FNVEdit reports no unsolved conflicts after I made a Merged Patch and manually adjusted some things and I made a Bashed Patch afterwards, that still showed no conflicts.

FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
CaravanPack.esm
ClassicPack.esm
MercenaryPack.esm
TribalPack.esm
Lings.esm
The New Bison Steve Hotel.esm
Shojo Race Vegas.esm
jokristinascloset.esm
WMVM.esm
WeaponModsExpanded.esp
PowerArmorRevamped.esp
Brotherhood and House Alliance.esp
GhostConversionNVRevamp.esp
BabyDoll.esp
MantisZeroSuit_ForNV.esp
WMX-DLCMerged.esp
WMX-POPMerged.esp
The Mod Configuration Menu.esp
Bouncing Natural Breasts.esp
Centered 3rd Person Camera - Unraised.esp
GypsyOutfitsNV.esp
The Weapon Mod Menu.esp
YouAreGifted.esp
Skill Books cheat.esp
qSkillPerks.esp
qSkillPerksDLC01.esp
qSkillPerksDLC02.esp
qSkillPerksDLC03.esp
qSkillPerksDLC04.esp
qSkillPerksDLC05.esp
CannibalPlus.esp
Cannibal Reborn.esp
PerkEveryLevel.esp
Klintarr.esp
Bashed Patch, 0.esp

Total active plugins: 41
Total plugins: 44

That's my load order at the moment, I removed the SexOut plugins to see if they were responsible, but...

My laptop has an integrated Radeon R5 Graphics Card, 8 gb RAM, 512 VRAM.

Help?

Have you tried entering those places that are prone to crash with a new save game character as well?

Also, did you set

[Memory]
DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=400

in the nvse_config.ini at Fallout New Vegas\Data\NVSE\?

And try to set this value to 0

;This is the equivalent of a very famous tweak in a similar mod to this (Renderer+0x180 suppress) (Hook Critical Section) (experimental) (if your game implodes, we don't know each other).
bRemoveRCSafeGuard=0

Fallout New Vegas\Data\NVSE\Plugins\NVTF.ini

You also should check if 4GB is actually correctly installaed by entering

GetIsLAA

into the game console. 2 means is installed.

I did use the Sheson patch and I have made several new characters, usually using the same preset of the Shojo race, using the fact that Primm is pretty close to Goodsprings.

GetIsLAA does report back a 2.

I'll try the fix to the NVTF.ini

Well. I have no idea then. There might be someting insde in the tent (and at the other places), that causes all the crashes, or your system is having trouble with the game. You're not using any texture packs, are you?

Other than that, you're only solution is now to go from bottom to top and disable each mod invidually and look, if it still crashes.

20 hours ago, Svartr564 said:

Well, I tried ENB Boost and making a Windows Repair Install.

So I guess it's time to do a Clean Install and start trickling mods one by one.

If you already did it, we missed a chance to narrow down. Since the CTD was repetible when entering in the tent, it could have been a very good idea to remove half mods and retry, since you have very few mods. Then half of those half mods and retry, then half of those half etc. until you could narrow down which one exactly was the cause. At that point, you could send me the esp and I was inspecting the relationship between that and the tent itself, to not risk a similar issue in the future.

Let me know... but I guess it's too late.

I haven't, actually. I wanted to finish converting some installed outfits to CBBE and because I didn't want to unpack everything again, seeing as I really don't use them, I'm finishing up before I do anything.

And I've narrowed it down mostly to The New Bison Steve, WMX or my own "merged patch".

I'd say it's Lings, but I really got Lings after the whole kerfuffle started.

So, at least the Vikki & Vance issue has been solved.

Turns out, this moron here, did something to an outfit mesh, specifically the Wasteland Wanderer outfit, that caused the game to CTD when trying to load the outfit. I fixed it in OS after trying it on and finding out it caused the game to CTD and lo and behold, I can enter the V&V.

So, now I gotta go over the NCR Trooper outfits with a fine tooth comb to see if something like that happens, and it's got to be the female trooper in Hayes' tent, seeing as I can summon Hayes out with the command console.

2 hours ago, Svartr564 said:

Turns out: It was that. The Trooper, MP and Fatigues meshes were fucked up somehow. So I used one of the non-fucked ones as a base to remake them and they work now.

Blessed peace.

Yeah meshes are one of the few things that can make the game crash persistently, it's harder when it happens randomly because when you change cell there are some npcs that will be spawned with a random equipment coming from lists. To check if it's a generated mesh is pretty easy, I don't know if you use MO2 but in general it's all about renaming the \meshes\armor subfolder in something else, so that it'll start with vanilla meshes inside the BSA. A little more difficult if the mesh is inside another subfolder of \meshes, in that case renaming the whole \meshes folder could do the trick but it would at least require to reinstall the custom skeleton if you use one, but from your small load order I think you should be good because it falls back on the one inside Sexout BSA.

However, the strange part is that test was somewhat covered by dongding's test, when he told you to spawn Hayes in front of you, and it didn't crash. Unless in the tent is present another outfit which was causing the crash.

It was the female Trooper, MP and Fatigues that were fucked up. The male meshes are mostly untouched, so they rarely present a problem.

So far it's been that, the Wasteland Wanderer, Merc Troublemaker and the Wasteland Merchant meshes that I've identified as broken and have fixed.