Hello so i was wondering if anyone here is able help me learn how to go about making a player card mod since i want to make a anime yaoi playing card replacer for personal use and public if people wanted it but i don't know how i would go about doing so since i am new to anything involving texturing so any help would be great thank you.

16 minutes ago, johnathon648 said:

Ok well i am not sure what to do because i have never used photoshop this is going to be my first time trying texturing in any game so yeah.

I have no experience with texturing, but I think I was able to see and edit .DDS files in GIMP (which is free)

Hello so i am having issues with photoshop where for some reason it will not resize the image i want to 256x512 it says it has but i know it has not since it is only half the size of the card area so i am at a loss on what to do. also dborg GIMP can't open a photoshop template dds is the file format of the textures photoshop outputs them as something else so yeah i  am at a loss.

3 hours ago, johnathon648 said:

Hello so i am having issues with photoshop where for some reason it will not resize the image i want to 256x512 it says it has but i know it has not since it is only half the size of the card area so i am at a loss on what to do. also dborg GIMP can't open a photoshop template dds is the file format of the textures photoshop outputs them as something else so yeah i  am at a loss.

It probably depends by your version of photoshop, in mine the option to resize is on the third menu from left, which should be called something like "Picture", or "Image", and then the option is something like "Size of the Picture".

To export from photoshop to dds you need a plugin:

https://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-texture-tools-exporter

16 hours ago, A.J. said:

It probably depends by your version of photoshop, in mine the option to resize is on the third menu from left, which should be called something like "Picture", or "Image", and then the option is something like "Size of the Picture".

To export from photoshop to dds you need a plugin:

https://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-texture-tools-exporter

Thank You for the help and link to plugin.