Adult Sim Content On YouTube

Sooo, I was wondering if my ass would flagged for playing the Sims 3 WITH sexual mods installed, on YouTube? I mean, I could age restrict my shit. But would Youtube's sensitive ass still flag and remove the video for two sims getting it on? ??

I can only presume that any content showing explicit sex, even 3d pixels, won't be allowed on YouTube and may in fact get you banned or demonized, HOWEVER, some clever YouTubers seem to utilize both crafty video editing and patreon to get around that.

I don't know how to do it, but I encourage you to do a YouTube search for "MXR mods".  He does TONS of Skyrim reviews of loverslab mods for it... All in real-time video, just creatively edited... And teases watchers to support him on Patreon for explicit, unedited versions.

This seems like it might help you create lots of wonderfully sexy Sims 3 smut and possibly earn from it, if that's your goal, but I have no idea how he does it.  You might even ask him via patreon how he goes about doing this (I doubt he'd answer on YouTube,  but who knows).

Another idea is to create explicit videos, make a playlist on https://www.naughtymachinima.com/ , and then advertise them here and/or via Reddit or tumblr, with links to your naughtymachinima playlists.

I'm not sure if you'll get lots of viewership with naughtymachinima as opposed to YouTube if you try that, but why not give it a go?

I made one myself as an experiment and proof of concept. My only error was my 'compression' of the file was so extreme that the video quality suffered during the upload. This resulted in a 50MB file from a several GB original, If I was worried about it I would have made several attempts to get it just below the maximum file size allowed for an upload. But I agree - if you want to strut your stuff - YouTube isn't the place for it.

https://www.naughtymachinima.com/video/30348/babewatch-crew

(Try making something like this with the Sims 4 :P )

21 hours ago, merctime said:

arranging them!!

I grew up with MTV at the beginning - so stuff like this comes natural. Now to try and tell serious stories using the Sims would be very difficult for me - This is why Hollywood has a whole guild dedicated to Editors.

Spoiler

@SimmieKatSome YouTubers I know will outright tell viewers what post-production/editing software they use, particularly during their streams (if they do stream, on say twitch).  That might be useful to know, for clipping stuff out... Maybe you know YouTubers that do that?

Maybe even just google post-production software and see what you come up with, or hell, search that on YouTube itself to see if a company has an introduction to its software kinda video, to help in your shopping/search for free editing software :)

I guess I'll give what little tech info I can:

1.40 GB / 101 clips made using the Sims own capture feature - Highest resolution - no compression.

Open Shot Video Editor - free from internet using search.

Handbrake video compression software - also free as above.

Time and patience

I have a few Rob Zombie albums stored on my computer which I also use compressed versions to play in game (Sims 3 - Custom music) so dirty dancing has music I like. More Human Than Human seemed to fit the Sims best for my experiment. Since I already had a Tommy and Pamela couple in game - they became my test subjects and I used 'artistic license' to tell a story about them. So far no one associated with Rob Zombie or Naughty Machinima has complained about my use of the song. Trying that on YouTube wouldn't work.

Lastly: The music was placed first. Then I added video clips below the audio track, trimming them (front and back) trying to fit the music as I saw fit. While I didn't use all the 101 clips I did find myself taking sections I had already made within the video to clone and insert again during specific song parts.

5 hours ago, landess said:

using the Sims own capture feature

If you have windows 10 you can also use the “gamebar” (windows key + g) which allows you to record automatically the last minutes or manually, obs is a popular program for recording/streaming although maybe a little overkill, there is one extra program called captura that can record the whole screen, just a window or a section. All these are completely free and can take advantage of hardware encoding if you have a modern GPU or APU, that allows you to record with reduced impact for your computer.

For editing there also a plethora of free programs, the best is DaVinci Resolve which is a paid product for professionals but the freemium version allows you to do a lot, including color grading so probably is overkill. On the simple but serviceable apps section I recommend Shotcut and Olive.

4 hours ago, FreakyRufus said:

he was chasing her on the bike

That was basically them going their own way, but thanks to this comment, I see it would have been better to make sure they were actually going in opposite directions for clarity. This is probably easily understood by educated film makers from school. I should have played the save in a way to get him arrested. Thanks for the insight.

I could've whipped out Dexter the Bear on him - but people might have gotten very confused.

Nice to hear from you again!