Are there any precautions I should follow when downloading mods?

What happened is that when I started using these mods I took all the fun mods I found and played them on Vortex. And of course it was a problem. Especially with AAF Violate, the characters were standing inside each other and the animation didn't work. When I tried to fix even Sex'em up didn't work anymore, so I uninstalled everything. Now I want to start from scratch and look for some simple tips, first, are AAF and Four Play the same Framework or can I only have one? And what order or care should I have to make everything work properly?

image.png

1 hour ago, MiraDAnt said:

What happened is that when I started using these mods I took all the fun mods I found and played them on Vortex. And of course it was a problem. Especially with AAF Violate, the characters were standing inside each other and the animation didn't work. When I tried to fix even Sex'em up didn't work anymore, so I uninstalled everything. Now I want to start from scratch and look for some simple tips, first, are AAF and Four Play the same Framework or can I only have one? And what order or care should I have to make everything work properly?

image.png

Start slow.  A couple of mods at a time.  If something breaks, then you know what it was.

On 5/27/2020 at 12:07 AM, MiraDAnt said:

image.png

Is there chance you used the animations from savage cabbage ? These are a bit special but worth it  and I had the same issue. Deactivate them and test aaf again

Here is a guide. 

On 5/26/2020 at 7:07 PM, MiraDAnt said:

image.png

Avoid Four Play like covid. It's outdated, unused and there's no real support for it being given.

Follow my guide CAREFULLY and you should be fine.

Install AAF -> Install VKC Theme -> Install Animation Packs -> Install One Patch to BANG -> Install Indarello's Patch for Animations and/or Silver's Erection Fix.

It's quite simple to be honest...

As for load order.. or rather MOD order...

If you're using MO2, use the download links list in my guide as your AAF mod order on the left panel.

If you're using Vortex, check Conflict Rules and set them up just like my guide says (click cog at the top right of your modlist and "enable dependencies". Then click lightning bolts for each mod to deal with rules by mod instead of an entire freaking list).

Some Animation Packs have support for other mods like Homemaker, Settlement Supplies Expanded, Torture Devices... make sure those are installed/make sure to install them after if you check for them on the Animation Packs fomod installation (the popup window that shows up when installing certain mods).

There is one thing i cannot stress enough.

READ. EVERYTHING. CAREFULLY.

The ammount of people we've had come into AAF Discord with issues that are explained in the guide or shouldn't actually even happen if the guide were to be followed correctly... is honestly quite... vexing...

• 5 weeks later...

I've found @Saya_Scarlett 's guide to be flawless, so long as you follow the recommendation to read it thoroughly ?

So... while I'm on the subject, THANK YOU Saya, your efforts are appreciated, even if it must sometimes seem nobody even reads the warning to read everything!

"avoid 4play like covid" ?